flying fish

notalandlover

I want to try flying fish. In nov our cruise stops in Grand Cayman, Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel. Does anyone know of a place that serve this dish. Ive searched the net without any luck. The only place I can find where this is served is Barbados. Thanks

We had a guest chef on the HAL Ms Oosterdam last Nov who owns the Flying Fish Restaurant on Grand Bahama. Tim Tibbets, owner/chef, was amazing and his Restaurant is a James Beard Award recipient. He strongly recommends his flying fish burger. Nice website, too.

Edited by Crew News

• 4 weeks later...
Was excited to try the (flying fish) cutter sandwich at Muster's in Barbados two weeks ago...not what I was expecting...not for me :eek:

No hon? What didn't you like? The whole fish in the sandwich, kind of thing? :D Curious, as it is one of my DH's favorite meals since he grew up in St. Lucia, next to Barblados.

No hon? What didn't you like? The whole fish in the sandwich, kind of thing? :D Curious, as it is one of my DH's favorite meals since he grew up in St. Lucia, next to Barblados.

A little too fishy tasting and I kept tasting it for hours...I guess I was expecting something different maybe more white type fish but mine was very dark with a lot of silver through it (the only way for me to explain it...sorry)...and the pepper sauce on the table...:eek:...too hot for my simple taste...but glad I tried it anyway ;)

A little too fishy tasting and I kept tasting it for hours...I guess I was expecting something different maybe more white type fish but mine was very dark with a lot of silver through it (the only way for me to explain it...sorry)...and the pepper sauce on the table...:eek:...too hot for my simple taste...but glad I tried it anyway ;)

I keep trying fish, still don't like it or any seafood. As for the sauce, I like spicy but it doesn't like me!

Edited by Bookish Angel

Was excited to try the (flying fish) cutter sandwich at Muster's in Barbados two weeks ago...not what I was expecting...not for me :eek:

Oh, i love Musters. It's a shame i can't access it anymore. That's where i feel in love with cous cous and the bajan pepper sauce. :)

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk