Best decks for light sleepers on Carnival Liberty?

mikeerdas

My wife and I are very light sleepers. Which decks would people recommend on the Carnival Liberty? We'd be looking at an interior or balcony cabin--not sure which. This would be on a Southern Caribbean itinerary. Since we value primarily for the ports, not sure if we'd splurge on a Balcony this time. But if we do, wanted to find a quiet spot.

We know to avoid cabins with adjoining cabin entry; and also try to find decks where there are only other cabins above and below us.

It's not so much the deck as it is what is above and below you. Before booking a cabin go to cruise deck plans dot com. You can drag the decks to see what is above and below. If you have cabins above and below, that is your best bet.

There is no way to determine what kind of neighbors you will have though :rolleyes: that is always a crap shoot.

I can tell you what deck not to choose. We had a Lido balcony last Thanksgiving. I thought we would love it for the convenience-not so much. We are not light sleepers. Most nights we are up until 2-3 am and usually sleep until 10ish. The noise never stopped. There were people talking loudly outside our cabin 24/7. They were there at 4am and 10am and 3pm. You get my point. So if you want quiet, don't choose the Lido.:)

It's not so much the deck as it is what is above and below you. Before booking a cabin go to cruise deck plans dot com. You can drag the decks to see what is above and below. If you have cabins above and below, that is your best bet.

There is no way to determine what kind of neighbors you will have though :rolleyes: that is always a crap shoot.

Thanks BM and CS. @CS, I'm so sorry you had that noise issue. :-( Hoping your next sailings give you peaceful nights. :-)

Everyone, can anyone tell me if the Spa on the Liberty has the same co-ed general thermal rooms that the Dream has? I mean the thassalo pool, the tepidarium, both the Oriental and Aroma steam rooms?

We loved the Cloud 9 spa on the Dream for its co-ed general facilities--used them at least once per day, so the cost for the 7 night sailing was well worth it.

I see the Liberty has a spa; but we're not interested in it for any treatment rooms. Just the co-ed (essential) thermal rooms. Otherwise, it's of no value to us for what we like.

I asked the same question above in the general Cloud 9 thread but saw there were no takers. Was hoping someone here familiar with both the Liberty and the Dream could comment.

We had an inside Lido last year and loved it, we only heard noise the last night of the cruise. This time went for an aft balcony, I have heard they are super quiet.

Perhaps something at the end of a hallway? So, far aft or far forward? Less foot traffic. But yes look at what is above and below the cabins you are researching.

We haven't had many problems in the way of noise, but I do know to avoid cabins on Deck 6 (Upper Deck) that are toward the back of the ship. We've been on Deck 6 on two recent cruises and didn't have a problem with noise. On our latest, Liberty (Deck 6, mid-ship, starboard), and Glory in 2010 (Deck 6, mid-ship to aft, starboard) and didn't have any problems with noise, and both times we were right above the Promenade. We knew, from CC, to avoid being above any nightclubs/disco/other areas of nightlife to avoid noise late at night. I've seen a lot of recommendations for Deck 7, cabins above and cabins below, so you'll avoid any noise from the Promenade and Lido Decks. On Valor in 2013, we were on Deck 8, starboard, mid-ship. That could be bad since it's right under the Lido Deck, but the area we were in was just under tables and chairs, so no noise at night since we weren't right under the main pool deck. Even though we were just on Liberty, we didn't use the spa so I'm sorry I can't answer that one for you.

Now about the balcony...we did the southern itinerary out of San Juan last year and got a balcony and have never regretted it. Granted, we were at a lot of ports and didn't spend much of the day in the cabin, but one thing we both really enjoyed was early in the mornings as we sailed into the ports, spectacular views as the islands themselves are mountainous and very scenic. We had a starboard balcony and were able to see the Pitons as we sailed into St. Lucia (at 5:30AM) and again had great views sailing into St. Kitts, where we got up at 6AM and were passing Nevis before we came into view of St. Kitts. We also enjoyed late nights out there and were able to see lights from islands we were passing at night, which will mainly be after leaving St. Lucia. That was on Valor but Liberty will be replacing Valor in San Juan for the southern itinerary in March. Liberty has the same layout as Valor. The ship doesn't matter, the islands and scenery are the "star of the show" on this itinerary. :)

Edited by pghsteelerfan

We always book deck 7 because there are rooms above and below so very little noise. THe other consideration is the location of the stewards housekeeping room. It can get quite noisy there. Someone posted a list of "undesirable" rooms a while ago but I don't recall the title of the thread. We had just booked our cabin and turns out it was right across from the stewards supply room when I read the list so we moved, we wanted to change anyway, so that solidified it for us.

I started a thread entitled "best & worst rooms on Ms. Liberty" and you can find some info there. There is another thread called "OK to book these rooms" which has some good information. Remember Liberty has a few sister ships so you can find similar locations to avoid by reading their posts.

I agree with those who say to book a deck that has cabins above and below. Looking at deck plans definitely helps. I would avoid being too close to elevators and laundry areas.

My wife and I are very light sleepers. Which decks would people recommend on the Carnival Liberty? We'd be looking at an interior or balcony cabin--not sure which. This would be on a Southern Caribbean itinerary. Since we value primarily for the ports, not sure if we'd splurge on a Balcony this time. But if we do, wanted to find a quiet spot.

We know to avoid cabins with adjoining cabin entry; and also try to find decks where there are only other cabins above and below us.

Almost all cabins adjoin others. Only a walk is between them.

You want to avoid CONNECTING cabins. Those have the interior door.

We were on Liberty's Riveria deck in July. We had not been on deck 1 in several years, and I had forgotten how quiet it is down there. I would choose it again.

I agree 100%. For quiet, peaceful, enjoyable cruise, you can't beat Riviera Deck, Mid Ship. (The price is right too!)

"SKY"

The problem is your neighbors. We very carefully booked our cabin on the Liberty. The problem is we had a family on one side where the husband would get drunk and start beating up on the wife and child. The screaming and thumps were frightening. We did call security who came. There after, we were routinely bothered by security calling our cabin for status reports on the neighbors.

Then there were the drunks returning to their cabins in the early morning hours; talking loudly and partying in the hall until they went into their cabins (SLAM!!!!).

Almost all cabins adjoin others. Only a walk is between them.

You want to avoid CONNECTING cabins. Those have the interior door.

Thanks for correcting me. Yep, I mean that I want to avoid connecting cabins. Thanks also to others for their input.

Any ideas of how the Liberty's co-ed common rooms (thermal rooms, not treatment rooms) compare with the ones on the Dream?

I would book the Empress deck as it is between cabin decks. The one drawback on that deck is the laundry room which is near 7337. We stayed on Verandah and it was noisy late nights from carts in the Lido and we were across from the pantry so it was noisy when the stewards came on. That cabin number is 8381.

1. Cabins above, cabins below

2. Stay away from elevator lobbies

3. No cabins with connecting doors

4. No cabins next to cabins with connecting doors

5. No cabins adjacent to staff areas or laundry rooms

6. Less foot traffic the further you get from the elevators, so foreward or aft

:)

Thanks BM and CS. @CS, I'm so sorry you had that noise issue. :-( Hoping your next sailings give you peaceful nights. :-)

Everyone, can anyone tell me if the Spa on the Liberty has the same co-ed general thermal rooms that the Dream has? I mean the thassalo pool, the tepidarium, both the Oriental and Aroma steam rooms?

We loved the Cloud 9 spa on the Dream for its co-ed general facilities--used them at least once per day, so the cost for the 7 night sailing was well worth it.

I see the Liberty has a spa; but we're not interested in it for any treatment rooms. Just the co-ed (essential) thermal rooms. Otherwise, it's of no value to us for what we like.

I asked the same question above in the general Cloud 9 thread but saw there were no takers. Was hoping someone here familiar with both the Liberty and the Dream could comment.

No. The Liberty does not have the same Cloud 9 Spa as the Dream. No thermal rooms except for separate sauna and steam rooms in men's and women's locker rooms. You can see that on the deck plans as another poster pointed to and in the ship pictures from Carnival's site.