Does Regent send any pre-cruise "kits"?

Just curious, does Regent send guests any type of "welcome kit" or something similar in the mail prior to their sailing? Like luggage tags, hardcopy travel docs, document holder, etc...?

And if so, how soon before sailing does it take to arrive?

Just curious, does Regent send guests any type of "welcome kit" or something similar in the mail prior to their sailing? Like luggage tags, hardcopy travel docs, document holder, etc...?

And if so, how soon before sailing does it take to arrive?

Hi towel-animal,

We are in the UK so it may be different from you. The welcome kit comprises of a faux leather document folder, your Confirmation and stick on labels that you have to write yourself. (really surprised that they don't come pre printed)...anyhow, they will come around 2 weeks before departure.

Pam.

No, they used to but no longer print the tags with your name and suite number. Documents, their holders and other information have changed formats a few times over the years. They also do not include faux leather luggage tags (it is possible they do for new customers but those of us that regularly travel with Regent really do not need luggage tags every time we cruise so Regent probably listened to customers - saved money and no longer send them). IMO, they could save more $$$ by not sending the "tablet size" document holders (that will hold most tablets). I think we've collected at least half a dozen so far.

No, they used to but no longer print the tags with your name and suite number. Documents, their holders and other information have changed formats a few times over the years. They also do not include faux leather luggage tags (it is possible they do for new customers but those of us that regularly travel with Regent really do not need luggage tags every time we cruise so Regent probably listened to customers - saved money and no longer send them). IMO, they could save more $$$ by not sending the "tablet size" document holders (that will hold most tablets). I think we've collected at least half a dozen so far.

Do they really send stick on labels for you luggage? How do they stay on?

Do they really send stick on labels for you luggage? How do they stay on?

No, they don't, at least not in my experience. It's been several years, so things have changed, but that doesn't make much sense.

Too bad if they didn't include the luggage tag holders for new customers, at least. One set we got was metal, not pleather, we still use those.

They are long sticky strips that are covered by paper -- you remove the paper at the ends so that the two ends stick together. Not a great description but the best that I can do. We just type up the information on the computer and tape it to the label (or you can write it). I don't remember them being any other way (except they were pre-printed for a while).

These are not luggage tags but rather identifying tags that let Regent know what deck the luggage should go to (and whether it is forward or aft). We used to stick them on after arrival in the disembarkation city but after having our luggage lost by the airline, the first time, we learned that these tags made it easier for Regent employees to identify when they went to the airport looking for lost luggage.

You receive the same type of labels for your luggage when you depart (different colored labels). They call the color of your labels when they are ready for you to disembark the ship. When your luggage color is called, it means that your luggage is set out in an area where it can be picked up. You wait in the theater for your color to be called (some people don't listen and end up looking for luggage that hasn't been offloaded from the ship yet).

Maybe someone can take a picture of one and post it.

I used computer mailing type labels and put the cabin number on in BOLD letters. I tape over those too so they won't come off and can be easily read. I never use my home address on them either.

Thanks everyone. They sound like the same tags we got for Azamara and some other cruise lines, except they were pre-printed with the area on the ship and the cabin number.

Ours arrived about 45-60 days before our trip (we are in the US and our TA is in the same state as we are). We got 2 hard plastic luggage tags that we can fill out however we want to. I agree that you should not put your home address, so I usually just stuff a business card in these. We do have the fake leather ones from previous trips.

We received 6 peel and stick labels for each passenger that is color coded for our deck and general location. We do have to fill those out, but it took me only a few minutes to get done. While it would be nice if they were pre-printed, it's part of the trip preparation ritual for me so I don't mind it all. TC - I love your suggestion of putting them on when checking our bags in case they get lost, as I have read a few recent posts that talk about BA delaying delivery of bags.

And the travel documents are in there: the itinerary and the rules/contract for the cruise. I do like the shape of the newer ones so that they can accommodate an ipad, but I can also see how regular cruisers don't need a whole stack of them.

A tip from a frequent traveler. One thing I write on the luggage tag is "Itinerary Information Inside of Suitcase". Inside I put an envelope with our itinerary as well as emergency telephone numbers. If our luggage gets lost, this can be helpful in locating where we are so that the luggage can be forwarded to the ship/port.

• 9 months later...
Is it worth buying luggage tag holders like the ones cruise critic sell? They aren't that expensive really so would have thought Regent would supply them.. Do CC ship to the UK?

Gary the ones Regent send in the ticket folder are quite good. Hard plastic with a card insert you complete. Often we have had faux leather ones sent too. I would wait till your documents arrive and decide what you think then. Jean.

Our last cruise (# 7 with Regent) they sent the two gray pleather Regent luggage tags and the long sticky color-coded luggage tags (the ones that are similar to the airline routing tags - just DON'T put them on before you travel and DON'T remove the entire paper backing, just the ends) inside of the gray pleather Regent tablet-sized folder (which is actually the perfect size for an iPad in a slim case) inside of a gray fabric drawstring bag.

Not a bad package, I don't think. It reminds me of the people who drink Crown Royal who always seem to have a thousand purple velvet bags sitting around their bars.

:D :whiskey-glass:

On a similar note, does anyone remember the small round pewter-looking tags they sent a few years ago? They looked pretty nice, but they were heavy little buggers. I had one conk my knuckles a few times before I decided to retire them.

On a similar note, does anyone remember the small round pewter-looking tags they sent a few years ago? They looked pretty nice, but they were heavy little buggers. I had one conk my knuckles a few times before I decided to retire them.

Yes - definitely remember them (but didn't use them). Luggage tags have certainly changed over the years. In a way it doesn't make sense for Regent to send them out every time you cruise since they last a while. I assume that the "new" luggage tag that indicate your Seven Seas Society level are for Gold and above (not sure). When Regent wasn't sending them out I used my Silversea tags...... wonder if others were using tags from other cruise lines which is why they are being sent out again.

I wouldn't bother spending money on luggage tags since so many companies provide you with them at no cost. The plastic ones that were described above aren't bad either...... after all, they are just an identifier for your luggage (as well as the "sticky" tags that assist the crew in getting your luggage to the correct deck and ultimately your suite.

Yes - definitely remember them (but didn't use them). Luggage tags have certainly changed over the years. In a way it doesn't make sense for Regent to send them out every time you cruise since they last a while. I assume that the "new" luggage tag that indicate your Seven Seas Society level are for Gold and above (not sure). When Regent wasn't sending them out I used my Silversea tags...... wonder if others were using tags from other cruise lines which is why they are being sent out again.

I wouldn't bother spending money on luggage tags since so many companies provide you with them at no cost. The plastic ones that were described above aren't bad either...... after all, they are just an identifier for your luggage (as well as the "sticky" tags that assist the crew in getting your luggage to the correct deck and ultimately your suite.

I don't pay a lot of attention to luggage tags, but I did happen to notice someone checking in next to us on our flight home last month who had a really nice "Regent Seven Seas Cruises - Titanium" tag. I have a mishmash of the white and turquoise plastic tags, the gray pleather tags, and old airline paper tags on my bags. ;p We'll hit gold on our next cruise in August - wonder if we'll get a slick gold pleather tag? Hmmmm...

I don't pay a lot of attention to luggage tags, but I did happen to notice someone checking in next to us on our flight home last month who had a really nice "Regent Seven Seas Cruises - Titanium" tag. I have a mishmash of the white and turquoise plastic tags, the gray pleather tags, and old airline paper tags on my bags. ;p We'll hit gold on our next cruise in August - wonder if we'll get a slick gold pleather tag? Hmmmm...

Hope that you get the new tags - they are really nice, different and well-made. We're looking forward to getting our "Titanium" luggage tags next year.

Hope that you get the new tags - they are really nice, different and well-made. We're looking forward to getting our "Titanium" luggage tags next year.

By the time I hit Titanium, im gonna need a toe-tag, not a luggage tag...

ok - thanks all - I'll hold off and see what Regent send though my TA did suggest they would be paper origami type.

Everyone get what you call "paper origami" type sticky labels to be put on the luggage. The isn't their luggage tag but rather an identifier so when your luggage gets onboard the ship, it can be directed to the right deck and suite, The luggage tags are a hard plastic.