Dealing directly with Princess even if booked through TA ?

Sailingpeace

Can't reach TA ( she is on vacation). Seems to be a nice reduction on price of booked cruise ( and OBC promo).Can I get the price reduction calling Princess directly? I am asking on CC as I have learned, that sometimes the first answer you get from Princess rep might not be the right one.

Can't reach TA ( she is on vacation). Seems to be a nice reduction on price of booked cruise ( and OBC promo).Can I get the price reduction calling Princess directly? I am asking on CC as I have learned, that sometimes the first answer you get from Princess rep might not be the right one.

They are supposed to only deal with your TA.

Is there a back up to your TA (someone else in the office that can help)? If not, explain this to Princess and see if they can work with you. Whatever happens, please let us know, and good luck!

Most TAs have other TAs who cover for them when they are on vacation or are "still working" on vacation. I would send your TA an email or leave a message on their voicemail. I am guessing someone is covering for them.

It's my understanding that if you've booked a cruise with a TA, Princess won't talk to you. Is your TA a sole individual or is s/he part of a group of agents. If working for an agency perhaps the boss or someone covering for your agent can intercede and look into a possible price reduction.

Edited by Treven

I had a similar issue last year, and as others have said, Princess could not assist. I had to book a new cruise with Princess and have my TA cancel the original one when they came back. I could then have Princess assign the new one to my TA.

Bit of a pain, but got the job done!

Good luck!

Got automatic out of office reply from TA and no reply to emails from substitute.

Offices closes early on Saturday. Will try calling on Monday and if no help, will call Princess directly ...

Edited by Sailingpeace

Got automatic out of office reply from TA and no reply to emails from substitute.

Offices closes early on Saturday. Will try calling on Monday and if no help, will call Princess directly ...

if you cant get hold of your TA no use calling princess as they shouldnt talk to you about your booking

Maybe book with new deal with Princess. Don't you get like three days to pay the deposit if you want to proceed. At least that will buy you some time.

Yes. You can make a booking and you have several days to make the deposit. The last one I booked I "cleverly" forgot to go back and make the deposit so the booking disappeared. I had to redo it and make my deposit immediately so I wouldn't forget again!

Sounds to me like the OP needs a different TA...

Maybe book with new deal with Princess. Don't you get like three days to pay the deposit if you want to proceed. At least that will buy you some time.

If OP has an existing booking for a specific cabin, making a new booking will be for a different cabin.

As the OP, I am happy to report that I did reach my TA's collegue by phone today. Got the $400 OBC promotion :)and a very interesting and un expected drop in cruise price !!! :)From what I saw on the website I had estimated that to get the OBC promo, we would end up paying around $50 extra each. We kept our original cabin.

Good things come in three, with such nice surprises the next one could be the Upgrade Fairy ;).

Edited by Sailingpeace

As the OP, I am happy to report that I did reach my TA's collegue by phone today. Got the $400 OBC promotion :)and a very interesting and un expected drop in cruise price !!! :)From what I saw on the website I had estimated that to get the OBC promo, we would end up paying around $50 extra each. We kept our original cabin.

Good things come in three, with such nice surprises the next one could be the Upgrade Fairy ;).

Great news! Congratulations.

Looks like your TA left you in great hands!

Edited by Coral

Unlike other cruise lines I have dealt with in the past, I have found that if I call them, they will speak with me.

For instance, I recently discovered that the credit card I had put on file with them in my personalizer had disappeared. My credit card company replaced it with a card with a different number and expiration date. The Princess phone rep told me that once I got the new card, I could not change it on the personalizer, I had to do it by calling them, and also that I should reprint my boarding passes since it would be a problem that the previous ones would say card ending in the wrong numbers.

I have my doubts whether this is something that could have been done by a TA. It could have been a real problem if it was with a cruise line whose phone rep could only say " I can't talk to you, you have a TA."

Unlike other cruise lines I have dealt with in the past, I have found that if I call them, they will speak with me.

For instance, I recently discovered that the credit card I had put on file with them in my personalizer had disappeared. My credit card company replaced it with a card with a different number and expiration date. The Princess phone rep told me that once I got the new card, I could not change it on the personalizer, I had to do it by calling them, and also that I should reprint my boarding passes since it would be a problem that the previous ones would say card ending in the wrong numbers.

I have my doubts whether this is something that could have been done by a TA. It could have been a real problem if it was with a cruise line whose phone rep could only say " I can't talk to you, you have a TA."

Because this had to do with your cc - they will talk with you - as well as excursion purchases/dining reservations etc. They just won't talk to you if you want to make changes or have found a price drop - the travel agent owns the booking and there fore they will only talk to them when it concerns changes. All cruise lines have the same policy.

Nice!

Lucky for you! So how much did you end up saving with the unexpected price drop? Just curious since you thought an increase of $50.

• 2 weeks later...
Because this had to do with your cc - they will talk with you - as well as excursion purchases/dining reservations etc. They just won't talk to you if you want to make changes or have found a price drop - the travel agent owns the booking and there fore they will only talk to them when it concerns changes. All cruise lines have the same policy.

That is good to know! This is my first time dealing with a TA and feeling a bit unsure of what I can do on my own or when I have to deal with the TA. I understand the need to deal directly with TA on the actual booking - that would make perfect sense.

I was once on a cruise when a final payment was due and nmy TA was to process it in my absence.

I asked the Future Cruise Consultant on the ship if my payment had been made and she said since I was using a TA she could not tell me.

That is how serious Princess is about speaking about the financial aspects of a booking if the booking is with a TA.