Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

I had the Explorer flowrider all to myself on a few occasions - it was a bit weird being by myself (just one staff there to watch) as we sailed out of Juneau but what a view.:cool:

It is very weird. I love it but it is weird. I almost booked the Explorer, but I wanted to go to Denali and spend a few days on our own. I have been putting Alaska off because they didn't have the option. I have booked a couple of Avalon river cruises since 2014 and well the Radiance has a lot to offer compared....:eek: I loved the river cruise. I guess what I have always said is mostly true. I have enjoyed every vacation I have ever taken. Cruises have accounted for maybe half since 1996 and zero prior to that.

JC

Yes, some. Most don't from my experience. Although, I don't go Pinnacle hunting. The first time I officially met a Pinnacle was on the Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral in 2013. It was, also, the first time we sailed with a diamond lounge and not just a diamond event. We met some of the diamonds who camped out at the bar in VCL and we met them, and they started telling me about the 3 PC members on our sailing. By the end of the week, I was introduced to them. One was a couple about 65 to 70 years old where they had both been truck drivers, and they wore all the RCI paraphenalia and fully embraced the PC champions badge. The other was a former government employee who retired to Florida who officially had his name changed to something that would signify that he was knighted by the queen.:eek: Not sharing the name because that would be just rude. What happens in the DL should stay in the DL. You wouldn't know this guy was a PC member by looking at him. However, after a short conversation it would have been obvious.

Since then some PC members I have met seemed just like another diamond until someone told me their status, most don't tell. Others are obvious. I would say Diamonds and D Plus are more likely to immediately tell me their status than the PC members I have met.

JC

As we are all in the DL it is obvious we are all D or D+ so that subject never crops up.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I agree,the DL on deck 14 offered us some great views but it was rarely over half full on our cruise.

The leather seats in CL were comfortable and the consierge was good and did the commentary on the bridge tour but the lounge on deck 10 had no outside views.

We love cruising and you learn a lot from like minded people in the DL.

Agree...the CL on Freedom was just too closed in, but it did have those wonderfully comfy leather chairs. We would still stop by on the

way back to cabin sometimes for a night cap and to chat with Rahul,...who was fabulous as a concierge! :)

It is very weird. I love it but it is weird. I almost booked the Explorer, but I wanted to go to Denali and spend a few days on our own. I have been putting Alaska off because they didn't have the option. I have booked a couple of Avalon river cruises since 2014 and well the Radiance has a lot to offer compared....:eek: I loved the river cruise. I guess what I have always said is mostly true. I have enjoyed every vacation I have ever taken. Cruises have accounted for maybe half since 1996 and zero prior to that.

JC

That's a doable...we did a land tour on our own for a week, renting a car from Anchorage. Then returned the rental

car back to Anchorage and boarded the train for the one way south bound Radiance from Seward.

This last time we opted for a B2B on Radiance out of Seward. Nice not to have to drag me off the ship when we

got to Vancouver! :D

Gosh I miss having Freedom in PC!! Loved that ship!!

We sailed on Enchantment February 2016 out of PC to the Bahamas after spending 4 days at the hotel buenavistapalace in Orlando.

We fly from Manchester England with Virgin Atlantic and would love to sail more from PC.

I did too on 3 of my last 4 RCI cruises. Although, I don't think the change from D to D Plus is as significant as the change from Emerald or in my case platinum to D was.

I am not sure I can justify my own actions.:o

JC

The first time as Diamond was on our 30th wedding anniversary on Adventure.in August 2011 and it was so special.

We sailed on Enchantment February 2016 out of PC to the Bahamas after spending 4 days at the hotel buenavistapalace in Orlando.

We fly from Manchester England with Virgin Atlantic and would love to sail more from PC.

Wow...I feel guilty being able to drive to PC in twenty minutes. Kudos to you for going the extra mile!! :)

I will be happy to buy you a drink the CL or DL someday! :D

And yes, I dearly miss the sweet Enchantment also. Was so sorry to see her go and Freedom also. Two of our

favorite ships!

That's a doable...we did a land tour on our own for a week, renting a car from Anchorage. Then returned the rental

car back to Anchorage and boarded the train for the one way south bound Radiance from Seward.

This last time we opted for a B2B on Radiance out of Seward. Nice not to have to drag me off the ship when we

got to Vancouver! :D

Our plan will be fly to Anchorage, rent a car Saturday thru Thursday, take the train Friday morning early to Seward, board the ship. Trying to decide if there is enough that I haven't done before in Vancouver to spend a couple of days after the cruise.

JC

Our plan will be fly to Anchorage, rent a car Saturday thru Thursday, take the train Friday morning early to Seward, board the ship. Trying to decide if there is enough that I haven't done before in Vancouver to spend a couple of days after the cruise.

JC

Vancouver is also a beautiful city. Butchart gardens visit is popular and we also enjoyed a couple of days in a B&B over the bridge on the north side at the base of the mountain. Took the tram up for lunch at the top and a gorgeous view over the harbor.

Vancouver is also a beautiful city. The garden park (cant' remember the name...something about a Queen I think) and

we also enjoyed a couple of days in a B&B over the bridge on the north side at the base of the mountain. Took the tram up for a gorgeous view over the harbor.

We did most of that the last time we sailed on the Radiance out of Vancouver in 2001:eek::')!!!!

Man I booked an old ship!

We have visited Victoria in the past as well, and I really enjoyed it, but it seems like a pain post cruise to visit. So, I am looking for something else....

JC

Wow...I feel guilty being able to drive to PC in twenty minutes. Kudos to you for going the extra mile!! :)

I will be happy to buy you a drink the CL or DL someday! :D

And yes, I dearly miss the sweet Enchantment also. Was so sorry to see her go and Freedom also. Two of our

favorite ships!

That would be nice,our photo is of Pauline and myself on Vision in Oman February 2017.

We have to drive 160 miles to Manchester and overnight in a hotel before flying to Orlando next day.

Wow...good for you! And nice picture too! :)

Thank you its our 36th wedding anniversary next month.

Our local airport Newcastle only have limited flights to Sanford.

We love Orlando and been there 30 times since 1992.

Pauline likes the Premium outlet mall,Lake Buenavista outlet etc and sailing from PC is better for us than Miami.

That would be nice,our photo is of Pauline and myself on Vision in Oman February 2017.

We have to drive 160 miles to Manchester and overnight in a hotel before flying to Orlando next day.

We have been bantering back and forth for several days. We seem to be of the same opinion regarding having new levels between diamond plus and pinnacle. Just noticed you have mentioned "home" a few times. Sounds like we might be from the same area (for me originally). I was born and raised in Leeds. Have flown in and out of Manchester frequently. Last time was in 2012 - did a TA on the Independence. Just wanted to say hello! Will have to look for you in the diamond lounge - or wherever they put us!

Cheers! Nothing to do with the topic at hand, but had to share!

This thread and the selfishness I'm seeing is serving as a rude wake-up call as to why I remained lurking in the shadows for years.

D+ want TWO lounges! Why? Because they had two until the CL's were eliminated in favor of the SL's. And they didn't have to rub elbows with the lowly "new" Diamonds after the CL was made D+ and above unless they choose to do so. Now on ships with SL's, D+ are being "forced" into the DL overrun with D's. Oh, the horror!

Of the solutions proposed, the meanest and most selfish has to be kicking the D's out of the DL and making it into a D+ only lounge. I was shocked and saddened to see this proposal seconded by a few posters I've held in the highest esteem. Don't you think D's enjoy the amenities and camaraderie of the DL as much as you, if not more given that they may have "worked" harder to obtain that perk. I know many current D+ that did multiple B2B short 3-day cruises to move up right before C&A switched over from 1 credit per cruise to 1 point per night. It was a smart move if you knew you were going to be a frequent cruiser given the value of the perks and combinability back then.

Sadly, it's a "Me! Me! Me!" world. So, to make the D+ happy, let the D's be kicked out and relegated to using the drink vouchers only.

But wait! The higher D+ don't want to be in the same tier as the lower D+. As Merion_Mom said, PRICELESS!

So make a new tier for D++, or P- or Jr. P. But guess what? Still no SL access for you unless your in a suite. Sorry, but I see nothing wrong with the SL being strictly for suites and P's. On the bright side, you could push to have those low D+'s kicked out and join the lowly D's in using drink vouchers only. And you're so magnanimous, you'll ask that D+ gets 5 vouchers so they get more than the D's.

As a D, I'm grateful for the current C&A perks but realize they are just that. They are nothing I have really earned and they can be changed at whim. Fortunately, C&A has been a lot more generous and fair than some of you.

Time for me to go back to lurking in the shadows. It's not as dark there as this thread has been.

CB

This thread and the selfishness I'm seeing is serving as a rude wake-up call as to why I remained lurking in the shadows for years.

D+ want TWO lounges! Why? Because they had two until the CL's were eliminated in favor of the SL's. And they didn't have to rub elbows with the lowly "new" Diamonds after the CL was made D+ and above unless they choose to do so. Now on ships with SL's, D+ are being "forced" into the DL overrun with D's. Oh, the horror!

Of the solutions proposed, the meanest and most selfish has to be kicking the D's out of the DL and making it into a D+ only lounge. I was shocked and saddened to see this proposal seconded by a few posters I've held in the highest esteem. Don't you think D's enjoy the amenities and camaraderie of the DL as much as you, if not more given that they may have "worked" harder to obtain that perk. I know many current D+ that did multiple B2B short 3-day cruises to move up right before C&A switched over from 1 credit per cruise to 1 point per night. It was a smart move if you knew you were going to be a frequent cruiser given the value of the perks and combinability back then.

Sadly, it's a "Me! Me! Me!" world. So, to make the D+ happy, let the D's be kicked out and relegated to using the drink vouchers only.

But wait! The higher D+ don't want to be in the same tier as the lower D+. As Merion_Mom said, PRICELESS!

So make a new tier for D++, or P- or Jr. P. But guess what? Still no SL access for you unless your in a suite. Sorry, but I see nothing wrong with the SL being strictly for suites and P's. On the bright side, you could push to have those low D+'s kicked out and join the lowly D's in using drink vouchers only. And you're so magnanimous, you'll ask that D+ gets 5 vouchers so they get more than the D's.

As a D, I'm grateful for the current C&A perks but realize they are just that. They are nothing I have really earned and they can be changed at whim. Fortunately, C&A has been a lot more generous and fair than some of you.

Time for me to go back to lurking in the shadows. It's not as dark there as this thread has been.

CB

Dude, don't LURK. Some of these folks are trolls and some are greedy, but it is all good. In the olden days men would go out at high noon and have a gunfight to the death, now these warriors type BS in an Internet forum.

It is all good.

I agree with your sentiments, but don't take this all quite so serious... it is just the way people pass the time in 2017.

JC

CB

I agree,...........please don't lurk. We need people who can write and spell and have a brain.

I'm just a lowly D :loudcry::loudcry: