JADE Viva Vino OrderForm

cmsgtwhite

I was debating bringing my own wine on board the jade next week vs buying it own board. I just got the order form (attached) from the pre concierge. Since we are not that picky about our wines, after reviewing this list I would rather just purchase the $88 4 bottle package on board rather than deal with bringing and paying for our own 4 bottles (plus $60 corkage fee). Thought others might want to see the current list and prices...(list/prices subject to changing without notice) Also just so you know, you cannot not pre-purchase this and can only do it after you board the Ship.

VivaVinoOrderForm.pdf

Thanks for sharing. I was debating on drink packages and didn't think I would get money's worth of a package (solo parent w/ 3 kids) but this looks ideal. What happens if you don't finish a bottle of wine at a meal? Will they keep it for you for next meal? Does it matter which dining room you are in? Thanks! Can't wait to set sail tomorrow

Thanks for sharing. I was debating on drink packages and didn't think I would get money's worth of a package (solo parent w/ 3 kids) but this looks ideal. What happens if you don't finish a bottle of wine at a meal? Will they keep it for you for next meal? Does it matter which dining room you are in? Thanks! Can't wait to set sail tomorrow

From my understanding you can either take the unused wine back to your room or they "may" keep it for you but you definitely get to keep what you don't use. Steward can bring you an ice bucket to keep it in. Pretty sure you can use it at any dining room you want! We have UBP so I'm getting it just to use in our room. 1 MORE day! We are packed and driving towards Houston in a few hours!

• 5 months later...

Seeing this order form for the Gem cements in my mind that each ship is offering different wines. The selection on the Gem is much different that what I saw on the Star in June, and also different from the offerings on the Jade in April. It'll be interesting to see what is on the Star next week......:eek: I also noticed the auto gratuities are only 15% on this slip.......is it old and out dated?????

Edited by jingle5616

Seeing this order form for the Gem cements in my mind that each ship is offering different wines. The selection on the Gem is much different that what I saw on the Star in June, and also different from the offerings on the Jade in April. It'll be interesting to see what is on the Star next week......:eek: I also noticed the auto gratuities are only 15% on this slip.......is it old and out dated?????

This whole thread is from March - before any of the cruises you mentioned. (NCL has changed their wine lists to worse in more ways than one since then.)

• 4 months later...
I saw that there is an 18% additional charge on individual glasses of wine. Does that hold true with the Viva Vino packages as well?

No !

You pay the gratuity fee at the time of VIVA VINO purchase.

That fee was 15% MAY HAVE CHANGED as does most everything

at NCL.

No further grats or other fees are required unless you want to add your own

to the wait staff but they are part of the DSC pool.

The VIVA VINO counter is generally in the Atrium near Guest Services on most

ships and also may be found in the area of the Pool (deck).

It is ONLY open for a short period of time for the first day or two of a cruise*.

* YMMV hours and days may vary by ship and itinerary.

What to do with the NON-Refundable OBC - this is a great place to spend it !

NCL will generally have all the bottles on display to review the wine for your

selection BUT NOT for tasting !

Considering that your own wine brought on board with a $15 corkage fee -

this VIVA VINO program averages about $30 a bottle. So if your bottle cost

less than $15 your own wine is the deal BUT more than that consider buying

the NCL VIVA VINO it is a simple programs that works.

The 750 ml bottle will yield 4 - 6oz glasses or 6 - 4oz glasses

One setback for this program is the wine is stored in wine cellar vault that

may be some distance from your restaurant - so when you ask for your

wine there maybe a delay in the prompt service. You can have the wine in

your cabin and bring it to and from a restaurant. Need a corkscrew your

cabin steward will provide it or go to any bar.

• 3 months later...

We are back from our cruise. There is definitely a wine package available. After you register in the big hall and go up the escalator , the rep with the package offer is at the top of the escalator on your left. Right next to the guy selling the water package. If you need more info i might still have the paperwork. It was a lovely cruise

Yes you can, and if you want, the steward will provide with an ice bucket. However, be aware this thread is old and while the Viva Vino pkg still exists, the wines may vary from what's listed. The list is the same as the list I have from 2012.

Thank you

We are back from our cruise. There is definitely a wine package available. After you register in the big hall and go up the escalator , the rep with the package offer is at the top of the escalator on your left. Right next to the guy selling the water package. If you need more info i might still have the paperwork. It was a lovely cruise

All info you have would be great. Curious if a new wine list is out. Glad to hear you had a nice cruise.

We are on the Epic out of Rome in September...

• 2 months later...

Anyone has an updated list please?? I've read that the wine offered is not that good and we're trying to decide on the VV package or bringing some bottles with us (I know abt the corkage fee). We're wine lovers and have the BP but also want to enjoy some good wine.

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went end of March. The top package is acceptable (we own 800 botttles) We got the 4 bottle package. Also we had shipboard credit from our agent and used that towards the wine package. Not sure if i still have the list. Will look.

• 4 weeks later...