Getaway-vibe

scameron7

Last year we sailed on the Escape and loved it! This year we booked the Getaway (Nov 12th sailing). Question: where on board can I purchase a vibe pass and is it still first come first serve? (Last year we had this so fingers crossed we can get it again for our upcoming cruise).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is a vibe pass? New to ncl.

Their words...

"Guests will jump for joy upon discovering this private retreat where they can connect with the ocean – and disconnect from everything else. Exclusively for those 18 and over, Vibe Beach Club is resplendent with ocean views, an over-sized hot tub, chaise loungers and a relaxing water feature - ideal for relaxation. A full-service bar, water spritzers, chilled towels and skewers of fruit ease you even more into serenity. A limited number of passes will be available for purchase onboard at the Guest Service Desk."

Video...

-o4kqFrVBzY

fJqvdJ4Kq10

Simple answer...

VIBE Beach Club is an adult-only sundeck with a bar and better amenities than Spice H2O (also adult-only sundeck). It is also limited in number (unlike Spice H2O which is open to all adults). With a limited number of passes, VIBE is never crowded. It can be windy (due to location) and can also be loud (depending on the guests who are there) but is usually a tranquil retreat away from the hectic general public sundeck. Those with priority boarding have the best chance of getting passes before general boarding begins. If not one of the priority groups, the best chance is to arrive early and get an early boarding group.

Last year we sailed on the Escape and loved it! This year we booked the Getaway (Nov 12th sailing). Question: where on board can I purchase a vibe pass and is it still first come first serve? (Last year we had this so fingers crossed we can get it again for our upcoming cruise).

Guest Services.

The change that has occurred since you last sailed is that more people get priority boarding. Havens Guests, Ambassador Guests, Platinum Plus Guests, and Platinum Guests will be boarded before general boarding. Very few passes are available for people in General Boarding.

Like the Escape, the Getaway will board from both Terminal B and Terminal C. Depending on the number of priority boarders in each terminal, either B or C will start general boarding first.

Not new. The Epic has had the Posh Club since it was launched in 2009 . The Breakaway (2013), Getaway (2014), and Escape (2015) have had them since they were launched.

LMAO! I took me a minute to figure out why you had written this. Now I realize you misunderstood the post. :')

I believe that the person who made the post is new to NCL.

Cruise on the escape last year and we were lucky to get the vibe! It was purchased at the comedy club not guest services, hence the reason for my inquiry. Thank you !

Cruise on the escape last year and we were lucky to get the vibe! It was purchased at the comedy club not guest services, hence the reason for my inquiry. Thank you !
I knew that you (the OP) was familiar with VIBE but "briehon" was not. When that person ended their post with "new to NCL", BirdTravels thought that "briehon" thought that VIBE was "new to NCL".

It's more confusing to explain what happened.

Just to recap, Escape hands out VIBE passes at Headliners. Breakaway/Getaway hand out VIBE passes at Guest Services.

I was on the Breakaway back in March. There was a couple on the ship who had Vibe passes in hand before they even boarded the ship. They were new cruisers to NCL, but said the "knew someone" in the industry. I have seen this happen in the past on other ships as well. Clearly, there has to be some mechanism to get these passes before boarding that the general public is not privy to. Any ideas?

If you don't "know someone" or are not upper tier Latitudes status or Haven, the best strategy is to show up at the terminal early... (I arrived around 9:20 and was one of the first 25 or so through security. Then, I lingered by the area where boarding would begin and made the dash once it opened up...

I was on the Breakaway back in March. There was a couple on the ship who had Vibe passes in hand before they even boarded the ship. They were new cruisers to NCL, but said the "knew someone" in the industry. I have seen this happen in the past on other ships as well. Clearly, there has to be some mechanism to get these passes before boarding that the general public is not privy to. Any ideas?

Same cruise, same Vibe goal. Thank you for asking because I too had Vibe on Escape last year and assumed it was Headliners on Getaway too.

Please pardon my interruption of this post on Vibe.

Hey scameron7! Since you are booked on the Getaway (Nov 12th sailing) why not join our roll call for the same sailing? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2437015

Also, purpletequila-- are you still sailing with us? I don't see anything else for you on the spreadsheet.

Now back to your regularly scheduled post... thank you.!

Please pardon my interruption of this post on Vibe.

Hey scameron7! Since you are booked on the Getaway (Nov 12th sailing) why not join our roll call for the same sailing? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2437015

Also, purpletequila-- are you still sailing with us? I don't see anything else for you on the spreadsheet.

Now back to your regularly scheduled post... thank you.!

I am. What do I have to do?

What time should we arrive at the port to get a low boarding number to have a chance to get vibe passes?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

9:30.

Literally.

I was there a little after 9 and got boarding group 2 but 1 might be Haven.

Also, even at 9'ish, there were about 20 people in line, all looking for Vibe passes.

Just FYI, because of their being 2 terminals to board the Escape, boarding group 2 is essentially the same as 1... They split the two terminals with odd and even boarding numbers. Normally both 1 & 2 are called together.

9:30.

Literally.

I was there a little after 9 and got boarding group 2 but 1 might be Haven.

Also, even at 9'ish, there were about 20 people in line, all looking for Vibe passes.

• 3 weeks later...

scameron7,

Since you are on the Getaway (Nov 12th sailing) why not join our roll call?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2437015

Look for my previous reply about post #36 and the signup sheet.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...6&postcount=36