Vitamin supplements in Carry-Ons?

Kinkacruiser

With carry-ons, should vitamins & supplements always be kept in original containers or can the required amount be taken out and organised into smaller bags /containers?

My 'at home' jars are very large and will take up too much room for a month away. Will airport customs be concerned at unidentified pills?

Thanks for your input here.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

In my opinion, if you are flying into a different country, keep it all in the original packaging--maybe buy smaller jars for travel purposes? If flying domestically, don't worry about it. The TSA isn't the DEA, and unless you are carrying 1000 tabs of medication, they won't notice or care.

In my opinion, if you are flying into a different country, keep it all in the original packaging--maybe buy smaller jars for travel purposes? If flying domestically, don't worry about it. The TSA isn't the DEA, and unless you are carrying 1000 tabs of medication, they won't notice or care.

Agreed. Customs is nothing to mess around with in my book...even in "friendly" countries.

It totally depends on where you are going.

If it's Europe you shouldn't have a problem with pills or supplements in smaller containers. You would probably want to label them for your own use.

In some airports in South America there may be an additional review. I do know this first hand. But I think the real issues are faced in Asia. There were quite a few posts about this very issue.

If you want specific information you should post on the Ports of Call boards.