Housekeeping timeliness?

turtlemichael

This is definitely a first world issue but we, currently on Sojourn, are concerned about our housekeeping. it has become an irritant. I'm interested to know whether others think we are being a bit precious. This is our 14th cruise and our 4th on Seabourn, though the first on a larger SB ship, so we have a good idea of how things work.

Our concern is the timeliness of the suite being cleaned. The main clean in the morning can be any time from 10am to 1.30pm. In the evening, until we asked that it be done earlier, we had it as late as 9.30pm. Our housekeeper does a good job so no complaints there. We asked her that it be done while we were at breakfast (our experience on every other cruise) and that has not worked as it still drifts out to lunch time. ("I will try.") In the evenings we are now getting it done by 9.00pm so there is currently no issue there.

We are reluctant to complain as we don't want to cost her her job. What do other think is reasonable? I should add that in all other respects we like the cruise very much so far.

Edited by turtlemichael

I don't think you are being precious BUT

1. it may well be everyone wants their suite serviced at the same time (what time are you going to breakfast) We always found if we were at breaky by 7.30 the suite has been done by our return. If we left at 8.30…??

Have you discussed with your housekeeper how the schedule looks… maybe everyone wants it done at the same time

For me anything after 12 would be an issue… and 1.00pm is nana nap

Overall if it is a port day i am more flexible…but a sea day surely by lunch time

We left the Sojourn last week so unless there was a massive crew changeover I cannot imagine why your cabin is not made up by mid morning.

We set out the Service sign before breakfast at 7:30 and so notified the attendant at boarding that this would be our pattern. It was always cleaned etc by 9:00. And after at least 12 larger ship cruises we have never had a later experience.

So I suggest you speak with your stewardess to coordinate a rhythm that suits you.

Happy sailing!

We have found the stewardesses vary enormously in the speed in which they can get round the suites, though only once in many cruises had a poor one(who was replaced within a few days, though we had not reported her). Certainly I think one could ask that the room is done in the evening before 9 p.m.

Recently we have been lucky with the room being done while we were at breakfast (usually between 8.45 and 9.30), but as MrsW says, if everyone asks for this it probably is not possible.

The more experienced stewardesses undoubtedly get through their work more quickly, and for them a port day usually means they can go ashore from about 1.30 to 5. In this respect they are luckier than the wait and bar staff generally.

We left the Sojourn last week so unless there was a massive crew changeover I cannot imagine why your cabin is not made up by mid morning.

We set out the Service sign before breakfast at 7:30 and so notified the attendant at boarding that this would be our pattern. It was always cleaned etc by 9:00. And after at least 12 larger ship cruises we have never had a later experience.

So I suggest you speak with your stewardess to coordinate a rhythm that suits you.

Happy sailing!

We joined in Singapore. The housekeeper is new to the ship and I believe to Seabourn. She has therefore had 8 days.

Happy sailing!

This was our pattern as well. Always done by the time we were back from breakfast.

I think it is interesting how everyone has different preferences. I don't like my room cleaned while I step out for breakfast. I usually leave for breakfast but come back and pack up my bag for the day and have usually left the room in disarray. I leave the DND on the door till leaving to go ashore.

I think if you let the housekeeper know your preference they will usually accommodate. Maybe I am always tardy because I always think the housekeeper is anxious to get into my room and feel a bit stalked and are watching to see who is leaving their room