Cruise Next Ultimate bonus for onboard booking

And for just the cruise next plan

Is it worth the money or when ready to use it, there is some things we need to know about.

Because it sounds great on paper but when it so good to be true I begin to hold back a bit.

At every 250$ they return 125 for a next cruise book in max 4 years.

For a maximum of 1000 $ deposit and return of 500 obc to use for cruise payment or credit on board

Someone knows more on that

Thanks

I have bought the future cruise certificates (now known as CruiseNext) certificates for many years. We find them to be a great deal and there are no strings, it really is what it says. Buy the certificate, get an OBC awarded on your current cruise, you now have four years to use the certificate, it is transferable, when you redeem it it acts as your full down payment for the entire cabin (unless it's suite) what's not to like?

The short version is you buy a $250 certificate and receive $100 in OBC on current cruise. So you got a free hundred bucks.

While not recent, still less than one year ago: in September 2016 on the Jade, we booked a November 2017 cruise on the Spirit, and got an IA room (highest inside category) at an IF (lowest inside category) price. At the time, I think it was a $70 pp savings.

--Michael

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Aaaaargh, back to the original question - what isthecurrent BONUS for booking onboard? Not the incidental chatter about the deposits,etc.

In March it was a cabin upgrade. Made a reservation for a Dawn 2018 cruise from the Epic.

Sorry to sidetrack a little.... I have never booked "future cruise" while sailing as I didn't want to take time away from my vacation. Is it correct that you have to book a specific cruise, or can you just put money on your account for any (unknown) future sailing? If you need to be specific I would rather do the research and planning at home prior to sailing, so as to save valuable vacation time. Thanks

Sorry to sidetrack a little.... I have never booked "future cruise" while sailing as I didn't want to take time away from my vacation. Is it correct that you have to book a specific cruise, or can you just put money on your account for any (unknown) future sailing? If you need to be specific I would rather do the research and planning at home prior to sailing, so as to save valuable vacation time. Thanks

Yes, you can do this. You will get a number(s) for your Cruise Next certificate(s) which you can then use when you or your TA contact NCL about booking a cruise.

--Michael

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I have bought the future cruise certificates (now known as CruiseNext) certificates for many years. We find them to be a great deal and there are no strings, it really is what it says. Buy the certificate, get an OBC awarded on your current cruise, you now have four years to use the certificate, it is transferable, when you redeem it it acts as your full down payment for the entire cabin (unless it's suite) what's not to like?

The short version is you buy a $250 certificate and receive $100 in OBC on current cruise. So you got a free hundred bucks.

Actually there is a string attached... HEAVY ROPE more like it! I purchased the $250 Cert during a Dec 2012 Mediterranean cruise and was told it could only be used on a cruise of at least 7 days. I did get the $100 OBC for the cruise in Dec 2012.

Living in South Florida I became loyal to Princess in 2014 sailing solo 10 times on short, practically free cruises since that was the year everyone stayed through the Summer and there was a huge oversupply. That was enough to make Princess Elite status with all the perks I wouldn't get on NCL.

Yet NCL had my net $150 and if I wanted it's $250 value, I had to sail prior to the 4 year deadline.

The seven Princess Cruises and 51 days sailed on Princess since 2014 have been comp based upon my gambling activity, so another reason I haven't been inclined to spend money for a cruise on NCL just to use $250 and release the value of my $150 spent for the Cert.

I was ready to just toss it out until I got an NCL email stating: "Cruise for $25 per day". I KNOW BETTER, but I thought I'd look anyway.

I ended up booking Studio on Escape for $979 (++) less $250. So I get my value and NCL gets a repeat.

"no strings" would be a Princess Future Cruise Deposit: Pay $100 and if not used in two years, they refund your money in full. The perk is a minimum of $15 OBC for the cruised sailed when the FCD is APPLIED. The min is for inside on shortest cruise. Balcony on 15 day cruise got me $100 OBC. [Yes, I did pay for ONE DAY since my free cruise cert was for a 14 day cruise and my cruise was 15, so I did pay the one day.]

I had to book a specific cruise, in the future, and I'm glad I remembered to cancel it. I almost got hit with cancellation fees because I forgot I had made a dummy reservation, for APRIL 2017.

The Next Cruise Certificates is well worth it. I bought 4 certificates and I was able to use two of the certificates for each cabin.

I was able to take off $500 per cabin. (A special offer for people sailing in Europe.) It was well worth it! :D

Actually there is a string attached... HEAVY ROPE more like it! I purchased the $250 Cert during a Dec 2012 Mediterranean cruise and was told it could only be used on a cruise of at least 7 days. I did get the $100 OBC for the cruise in Dec 2012.

Living in South Florida I became loyal to Princess in 2014 sailing solo 10 times on short, practically free cruises since that was the year everyone stayed through the Summer and there was a huge oversupply. That was enough to make Princess Elite status with all the perks I wouldn't get on NCL.

Yet NCL had my net $150 and if I wanted it's $250 value, I had to sail prior to the 4 year deadline.

The seven Princess Cruises and 51 days sailed on Princess since 2014 have been comp based upon my gambling activity, so another reason I haven't been inclined to spend money for a cruise on NCL just to use $250 and release the value of my $150 spent for the Cert.

I was ready to just toss it out until I got an NCL email stating: "Cruise for $25 per day". I KNOW BETTER, but I thought I'd look anyway.

I ended up booking Studio on Escape for $979 (++) less $250. So I get my value and NCL gets a repeat.

"no strings" would be a Princess Future Cruise Deposit: Pay $100 and if not used in two years, they refund your money in full. The perk is a minimum of $15 OBC for the cruised sailed when the FCD is APPLIED. The min is for inside on shortest cruise. Balcony on 15 day cruise got me $100 OBC. [Yes, I did pay for ONE DAY since my free cruise cert was for a 14 day cruise and my cruise was 15, so I did pay the one day.]

So you purchased a certificate that had a 4 year use by date and you are complaining that you didn't want to use it for almost 4 years and felt obliged to use it. That's NCL's fault?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So you purchased a certificate that had a 4 year use by date and you are complaining that you didn't want to use it for almost 4 years and felt obliged to use it. That's NCL's fault?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

com·plain (verb) express dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event.

NOT AT ALL....

I countered a claim that NCL's cert's are "no strings" Simply put: non-refundable and an expiration date are two strings. Restricting use to 7-days or more cruises is a third.

I followed the "strings" metaphor by referring to it as a "HEAVY ROPE" since rope is thinker and more binding than string, an appropriate metaphor given the -- not one or two but three conditions I pointed out.

I went on to contrast them to a truly "no strings" cert offered by Princess: refundable and an expiration date that is extendable.

Perhaps I should further clarify for you, since you seemed to have gotten lost. While I did purchase the cert in 2012 because I PLANNED to sail on NCL again in less than four years on a 7 day plus cruise--- things changed drastically when I discovered Princess Cruises.

Other way around, meaning had I sailed on Princess in 2012 and purchased one of their FCD's, then become loyal to NCL in 2014, I could have simply requested a full refund from Princess: NO STRINGS ATTACHED.

(NCLfamily, I was going to draw a picture of what I mean, so you could have full simplistic clarity, but not quite sure had to insert that; don't have time to do a full Powerpoint Presentation)

I reread my posting (perhaps you should too) and I never once mentioned feeling that NCL ripped me off, mistreated me or has an unfair policy regarding their certs. My tone was not that of annoyance and I never stated that I was dissatisfied with NCL in any way. I didn't state that I'm mad at NCL or I hate them for their policy.

In fact, I feel I did end my post on a positive note by mentioning that I was ABLE to use my cert rather than throwing it away.

Some might even go so far as to say that I played NCL as the "HERO" as they unknowing came to my rescue with their email posting offering fares as low as $25 per day. NCL was almost like a knight in shining armor!

An so you personally can absolutely be certain --and sleep peacefully tonight-- let me add as an epilogue that today I took advantage of a last minute price drop.

Originally as stated, I paid $979 for a studio and then purchased a Thermal Suite Pass for $199. I had chosen my one freebie as UDP.

Today I upgraded, paying and additional $232.40 and have moved to a Spa Class Mini Suite that includes two freebies: UDP and SDP.

So... NCLfamily: I am happy. I've NEVER complained. I'm going to live happily ever after, sailing into the sunset on my NCL Escape cruise, as the screen fades to black.

Am I clear on this now?

Oh and to bring this full circle to the topic of the thread... I might even purchase a Cruise Next cert, depending upon what the ultimate bonus happens to be.

I countered a claim that NCL's cert's are "no strings" Simply put: non-refundable and an expiration date are two strings. Restricting use to 7-days or more cruises is a third.

CruiseNext deposits are currently valid on cruises of 6 days or longer. (I don't know if the terms were different back in 2012.)

Every cruise line's future cruise program has strings attached, that's obvious. Even when the OP wrote "there are no strings, it really is what it says", it's pretty clear that they were aware of the strings. They were simply responding to a previous poster who was wondering what the catch was.

CruiseNext deposits are currently valid on cruises of 6 days or longer. (I don't know if the terms were different back in 2012.)

Every cruise line's future cruise program has strings attached, that's obvious. Even when the OP wrote "there are no strings, it really is what it says", it's pretty clear that they were aware of the strings. They were simply responding to a previous poster who was wondering what the catch was.

Good to know that it's now reduced to 6 days at NCL. The rep on board in 2012 was very clear: 7 day cruise (at the time,) only ONE per stateroom, four years to use, no refunds.

I DISAGREE with your comment that "Every cruise line's future cruise program has strings attached." As I previously stated, Princess FCD's do NOT: a full refund if not used in two years, opportunity to extend the two year period, option to call Princess and request a refund at any time. Quote from Future Cruise Consultant onboard: "We're not in the business of just taking your money from you; we want you to come back and cruise. But if you don't use the FCD or can't use it, we'll give you your money back." To me, that's no strings.