Charging on barefoot beach

connes1

Seems like rccl has decided to charge for rafts on barefoot beach in Labadee. They started charging the second week of August. Cabanas guests are still given the rafts for free but not suite guests. So they charge a lot of money for suites and give a suite experience by charging $15 for a raft.

The website says a floating mat is included.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do?pagename=sub_labadee_barefoot_beach&pagenameMain=labadee&discriminators=3

I'd call and get it straightened out if you had to pay, but wait until after the long, holiday weekend when someone might be available to make a decision.

Not in barefoot beach in the suite area.

Thanks. I forgot that Barefoot beach is the suite area now. So much for my memory! And since we don't book suites the charging thing didn't click with me. I think charging anyone for a mat who has spent enough money to take a cruise no matter the cabin type is ridiculous anyway.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Barefoot Beach

Exclusive Benefits for Suite Guests

The Barefoot Beach Club & Cabanas are located on our private island destination of Labadee®. This exclusive beach, available only to top suite* guests and those guests renting cabanas, offers VIP service and amenities to enhance the cruise vacation experience of these valued guests. Reservations can be made onboard through the Concierge.

*The Barefoot Beach Club is only accessible to guests staying in certain suite categories as detailed below.

• Grand Suite
  • Owner Suite
  • Royal Family Suite
  • Presidential Suite
  • Royal Suite
  • Royal Loft
  • Sky Loft
  • Crown Loft
  • AquaTheater Suite

Entrance to the beach is complimentary for guests staying in the aforementioned Suite categories. Just show your gold-colored Seapass card to enter.

Complimentary Amenities include:

• Access to the beach
  • Lounge chairs
  • Floating mats
  • Use of snorkeling equipment
  • An upgraded beach barbecue luncheon

Barefoot Beach

The Barefoot Beach Club & Cabanas are located on our private island destination of Labadee®. This exclusive beach, available only to top suite* guests and those guests renting cabanas, offers VIP service and amenities to enhance the cruise vacation experience of these valued guests. Reservations can be made onboard through the Concierge.

*The Barefoot Beach Club is only accessible to guests staying in certain suite categories as detailed below.

• Grand Suite
  • Owner Suite
  • Royal Family Suite
  • Presidential Suite
  • Royal Suite
  • Royal Loft
  • Sky Loft
  • Crown Loft
  • AquaTheater Suite

Entrance to the beach is complimentary for guests staying in the aforementioned Suite categories. Just show your gold-colored Seapass card to enter.

• Access to the beach
  • Lounge chairs
  • Floating mats
  • Use of snorkeling equipment
  • An upgraded beach barbecue luncheon

They need to change that because they are charging for floats. They just changed it last month.

They need to change that because they are charging for floats. They just changed it last month.

Or better yet, honor what is on the website for their guests. If you paid for a floating mat last month I would suggest you call and ask for a refund. All I did to find the policy was google "Barefoot Beach Royal Caribbean". It was one of the first results and is on their main site.

Floats have always been charged for, unless you're in a CABANA...then, they're included. They are not included just because you're in a suite. You have to rent a cabana if you want a "free" float!

Edited by cb at sea

Floats have always been charred for, unless you're in a CABANA...then, they're included. They are not included just because you're in a suite. You have to rent a cabana if you want a "free" float!

Did you read the link or verbiage of what is on Royal's site? Because it says a float is included free for suite guests on Barefoot Beach. Not that it is only for Cabana renters. 60K posts, how many are dead wrong?

Been to Suite beach 5 x. Never rented a cabana, just used loungers.

This past July (27th.) the attendant told us that the floaties and snorkel gear were no longer complimentary. My DH said, the site says they are.

Our attendant got us 2 floaties, no snorkel gear (no charge) there were three of us.

He said they were to charge us $12 dollars, but we got them for free like I said.

Yup, over the years, more and more are taken away.

Sea Ya

Floats have always been charged for, unless you're in a CABANA...then, they're included. They are not included just because you're in a suite. You have to rent a cabana if you want a "free" float!

That is true unless you are in a suite. Then there is a private suites only/gold card area. Then it does not matter if you have a suite or not.

That is true unless you are in a suite. Then there is a private suites only/gold card area. Then it does not matter if you have a suite or not.

I meant cabana not suite. I think I am tired and need to go to sleep or go on a cruise:-)

Floats have always been complimentary at Barefoot beach ever since it was designated for Gold card holders only. As usual this poster is giving erroneous information. Lionesss, thanks for your info. I may copy from the RCI website and take with me if they have not updated it by Jan. when we will be going to Labadee twice on a b2b on Indy.

Floats have always been complimentary at Barefoot beach ever since it was designated for Gold card holders only. As usual this poster is giving erroneous information. Lionesss, thanks for your info. I may copy from the RCI website and take with me if they have not updated it by Jan. when we will be going to Labadee twice on a b2b on Indy.

I am telling you twice in August (including last week on the allure) they charged on barefoot beach for a float $15. If you had a cabana it was free. Either the folks at barefoot beach are ripping off gold card guests or rccl changed their policy

I was on the July 5 sailing on the Oasis and it was free on barefoot beach. We were told by the staff at barefoot beach that they started to charge for floats in August.

Connes1, no one is disputing your recounting of events.

Not sure why this topic was moved off the main RCI forum anyways.

Call RCI and ask for a refund. If they won't refund you then call your credit card company. RCI advertises that the floats are free for suite guests. If they want to charge for them they should remove the advertisement saying they are free.

Connes1, no one is disputing your recounting of events.

Not sure why this topic was moved off the main RCI forum anyways.

Call RCI and ask for a refund. If they won't refund you then call your credit card company. RCI advertises that the floats are free for suite guests. If they want to charge for them they should remove the advertisement saying they are free.

That is a good idea. Thanks for the input.

I am telling you twice in August (including last week on the allure) they charged on barefoot beach for a float $15. If you had a cabana it was free. Either the folks at barefoot beach are ripping off gold card guests or rccl changed their policy

I was on the July 5 sailing on the Oasis and it was free on barefoot beach. We were told by the staff at barefoot beach that they started to charge for floats in August.

Hello All

I just got off the phone with RCCL and was told by them that nothing has changed as far as this. So I what to make sure So I called the Concierge desk and was told the same so that being said I would call them for a refund I know its only $15 but if they do this to everyone

I will be sailing on the Allure next week on a loft suite we will see if they try that I will also bring a copy of the suite extras you should get.

Just pisses me off when they do stuff this stuff. Well wish me luck

Bill / Bayonne NJ I will also talk some crew members as they dock here in Bayonne,NJ and I see them around town and may ask any of them

Barefoot Beach

Grand Suite

Owner Suite

Royal Family Suite

Presidential Suite

Royal Suite

Royal Loft

Sky Loft

Crown Loft

AquaTheater Suite

Access to the beach

Lounge chairs

Floating mats

Use of snorkeling equipment

An upgraded beach barbecue luncheon

Hello All

I just got off the phone with RCCL and was told by them that nothing has changed as far as this. So I what to make sure So I called the Concierge desk and was told the same so that being said I would call them for a refund I know its only $15 but if they do this to everyone

I will be sailing on the Allure next week on a loft suite we will see if they try that I will also bring a copy of the suite extras you should get.

Just pisses me off when they do stuff this stuff. Well wish me luck

Bill / Bayonne NJ I will also talk some crew members as they dock here in Bayonne,NJ and I see them around town and may ask any of them

Barefoot Beach

Grand Suite

Owner Suite

Royal Family Suite

Presidential Suite

Royal Suite

Royal Loft

Sky Loft

Crown Loft

AquaTheater Suite

Access to the beach

Lounge chairs

Floating mats

Use of snorkeling equipment

An upgraded beach barbecue luncheon

Thanks for the info. I will be calling tomorrow. Good luck on your cruise with or without the raft :-)