D, D+, or Pinnacle C & A Question

kandj05

Hello.

My DH and I will be diamond after our next cruise in April. With there so many Diamond or higher cruisers now, do you get to know each other hanging out in the Diamond Lounge? We have always met some wonderful people just hanging around the ship but it will be great to start seeing some of the same people cruising also!! I bet those of you who get to hang out in the CL really get to know each other but, there are also fewer of you. It will be awhile before we get to join that ranking.:) So, please give me input. Is it truly a place we will get to know some of you guys? Our first Diamond cruise will be in September on the NOS!!

Thank you for your comments!! And I hope to get to meet each of you!!!

Jackie :)

You absolutely have an excellent opportunity to meet new people in the Diamond Lounge. For us, meeting people in the DL and CL is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the cruise.

How to meet people there: smile when you enter, say hello to the concierge, say hello to anyone and everyone that you pass as you are moving to a seat. By doing this you will send a message that you are approachable and most likely friendly and probably NOT a snob.

We have cruised a lot and could easily name more than 50 people that we consider "cruise friends". We see many of them multiple times during the year and also communicate by e-mail or phone.:):) We have also scheduled cruises with some of them an linked our dinner reservations so that we could be at the same table.

If you are ever on a cruise at the same as we are, please say hello, have a seat, and join the fun. In our "group" no one is considered a stranger.

Please enjoy the Diamond Lounge.:):)

Edited by beachnative

Is it truly a place we will get to know some of you guys?

Yes! Without the CL I would never have met CC famous Merion_Mom & mommabean, Beachcruiser, and Judygarland on my last sailing... had dinner a couple of times M_mom & Beachcruiser, and I'm sure the next time I see them on a ship in the future there'll be huge hug and some funny laughs. Seeing Judygarland and DH on my next sailing and PhilnDebbie in Sept. It's great to see people you only speak with on this board. The free drinks, status pins, crap slippers... those are not the best perk of D and above, it's meeting and having fun with great like-minded people, never know a lifelong friend may be sitting there when you walk in :)

I'd love to have a cruise set up whereby so many of the great contributors on this forum all show up for one sailing. Would be excellent.

edit: just read beachnative's post above, pretty much said what I just said before I did. I would love to cross paths with them someday as we both posted quite a bit regarding Quantum. Clarea, LMaxwell, SpringAussie, soooo many more and waaaay too long to list... it'd be great to meet everyone on CC once you get to know people it's great to see them again posting on this board.

Edited by Hoopster95

Hello.

My DH and I will be diamond after our next cruise in April. With there so many Diamond or higher cruisers now, do you get to know each other hanging out in the Diamond Lounge? We have always met some wonderful people just hanging around the ship but it will be great to start seeing some of the same people cruising also!! I bet those of you who get to hang out in the CL really get to know each other but, there are also fewer of you. It will be awhile before we get to join that ranking.:) So, please give me input. Is it truly a place we will get to know some of you guys? Our first Diamond cruise will be in September on the NOS!!

If you are lucky to get a seat. The D lounge on the Quantum was extended to the Music Hall and you had a better chance of meeting non D as D members.

The Music Hall is a public place with it's own bar, but no control at its entrance to be sure the proper members were admitted.

How to meet people there: smile when you enter, say hello to the concierge, say hello to anyone and everyone that you pass as you are moving to a seat. By doing this you will send a message that you are approachable and most likely friendly and probably NOT a snob........

We enjoyed the DL very much on our recent Indy cruise....but if you don't get there are 5pm, finding seats anywhere was a challenge.

What you describe as a way to meet people, can be used anywhere on the ship....in WJ, on line waiting to get into the theater.....anywhere. We do it all the time, regardless of where we are on the ship....do it enough and you will bump into the same people multiple times on any ship you are cruising on.

If you limit this behavior to just the DL or CL...you are missing out on meeting great people, who are not eligible for the same things you are.

We enjoyed the DL very much on our recent Indy cruise....but if you don't get there are 5pm, finding seats anywhere was a challenge.

What you describe as a way to meet people, can be used anywhere on the ship....in WJ, on line waiting to get into the theater.....anywhere. We do it all the time, regardless of where we are on the ship....do it enough and you will bump into the same people multiple times on any ship you are cruising on.

If you limit this behavior to just the DL or CL...you are missing out on meeting great people, who are not eligible for the same things you are.

I totally agree with what you just said.

Yes, a person can meet people all over the ship.

We are outgoing people. Here is a true story:

While on a recent cruise we hit one of the numbers where you receive a crystal block. We already had one for that ship and decided that we would find some who might like to have it. We talked it over and decided to find either a first time cruiser or a couple on their honeymoon.

Later in the cruise, we were invited to the captain's table in the dining room. When we gathered for pre dinner drinks we were talking with a young couple and found out that they were on their honeymoon AND were first time cruisers.

I immediately went back to the cabin, got the block, and gave it to them. They liked it very much.

Now get this... After the cruise while in the 7/11 a young man came up and asked if we cruise a lot...he was the husband in the honeymoon couple. Wow, small world.:D

Edited by beachnative

Hello.

We make friends regardless. I went to Baleros last with tablemates who couldn't go to DL.

You absolutely have an excellent opportunity to meet new people in the Diamond Lounge. For us, meeting people in the DL and CL is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the cruise.

How to meet people there: smile when you enter, say hello to the concierge, say hello to anyone and everyone that you pass as you are moving to a seat. By doing this you will send a message that you are approachable and most likely friendly and probably NOT a snob.

We have cruised a lot and could easily name more than 50 people that we consider "cruise friends". We see many of them multiple times during the year and also communicate by e-mail or phone.:):) We have also scheduled cruises with some of them an linked our dinner reservations so that we could be at the same table.

If you are ever on a cruise at the same as we are, please say hello, have a seat, and join the fun. In our "group" no one is considered a stranger.

Please don't just assume that quiet couple that prefer's to sit by themselves is a "snob"...it was probably just us ;)

Please don't just assume that quiet couple that prefer's to sit by themselves is a "snob"...it was probably just us ;)

Absolutely wouldn't. It would be nice to meet you someday.:):)

In the dining room we are the quiet couple who usually sits at a table for two.

I totally agree with what you just said.

Yes, a person can meet people all over the ship.

We are outgoing people. Here is a true story:

While on a recent cruise we hit one of the numbers where you receive a crystal block. We already had one for that ship and decided that we would find some who might like to have it. We talked it over and decided to find either a first time cruiser or a couple on their honeymoon.

Later in the cruise, we were invited to the captain's table in the dining room. When we gathered for pre dinner drinks we were talking with a young couple and found out that they were on their honeymoon AND were first time cruisers.

I immediately went back to the cabin, got the block, and gave it to them. They liked it very much.

Now get this... After the cruise while in the 7/11 a young man came up and asked if we cruise a lot...he was the husband in the honeymoon couple. Wow, small world.:D

Like you, I gave my duplicate block to a couple who were on their honeymoon, 15 years late. Apparently, they could never afford a honeymoon and their parents had given them the cruise as an anniversary present. They said it was going on their mantle at home and couldn't thank me enough as they were on a tight budget and couldn't purchase anything extra. It felt good to make someone that happy.

Also to the poster....sign up for your meet and mingle!!! We have met so so so many great people and cruised again with them from meeting and chatting on the roll call for that cruise and then attending our meet and mingle!!!

I met Bob on the Adventure of the Seas finally after reading his posts on cruise critic....Clarea! great guy!!!

This past trip..our two weeks on Adventure...we had family with us and didn't get up to the CL or the DL but we did have dinner with our cruising buds doing MTD. We would see each other around the ship and some in the ports.