Any interest in a possible sailing September 2015?

LOL - thanks. I have no idea if anything of that is right. More like they probably moved the ship because they found out the RTR's were planning a reunion on their newest ship and they just can't allow that to happen again. :eek: You'll notice Royal Caribbean just recently joined Cruise Critic, and now this happens... coincidence my friend? I think not!:p

;)

RCI agents are lurking amongst us??? Ooohhhhh, creepy!! hehe:D

Frank and I are ready, we still have our pirate hats :)

ML and I got our next roll call to do a funny hat pub crawl, hahaha

We are gonna try & relive the glory of our RTR crawl...whoop, whoop!:D

Prices for a D1 and D2 are only $1,139 pp for a balcony in early November which is pretty darned good :D

Just remember the sun sets early in November. For our Oasis sailing last fall it was dark at 6pm. They do have lights at the flow rider but warmth of the sun is good. :)

Happy Easter everyone!

I've been out of town and just back checking in. It's a shame that they are sending Quantum to China, but for those of you are interested, I would love to do an unofficial reunion cruise for old and new friends in 2015.

I'd appreciate anyone's suggestions such as month, ship and I am going to guess the Caribbean .

I am open to go anytime in the summer or fall of 2015. I'm also open to booking Anthem in late 2015, although I am sure the prices will be much higher for a new ship. I am happy that Liberty will come to Texas at the end of 2015.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and I looking forward to catching up with the RTR's and all the new want to have fun cruisers.

Kelcie

RCI agents are lurking amongst us??? Ooohhhhh, creepy!! hehe:D
Not agents, Royal Caribbean actually joined Cruise Critic... back in March. See RC's 1st thread here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015460

ML and I got our next roll call to do a funny hat pub crawl, hahaha

We are gonna try & relive the glory of our RTR crawl...whoop, whoop!:D

Sounds great! We gave away my hat so I'll need to come-up with a new one for next time.

Just remember the sun sets early in November. For our Oasis sailing last fall it was dark at 6pm. They do have lights at the flow rider but warmth of the sun is good. :)

I SO do NOT like being cold. We took shortie wetsuits in March because it was so cold in the mornings, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :eek:

Not agents, Royal Caribbean actually joined Cruise Critic... back in March. See RC's 1st thread here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015460

Sounds great! We gave away my hat so I'll need to come-up with a new one for next time.

Hehehe, I meant agents as in spies, LOL

Not travel agents!!!:D:p:eek:

Happy Easter everyone!

I've been out of town and just back checking in. It's a shame that they are sending Quantum to China, but for those of you are interested, I would love to do an unofficial reunion cruise for old and new friends in 2015.

I'd appreciate anyone's suggestions such as month, ship and I am going to guess the Caribbean .

I am open to go anytime in the summer or fall of 2015. I'm also open to booking Anthem in late 2015, although I am sure the prices will be much higher for a new ship. I am happy that Liberty will come to Texas at the end of 2015.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and I looking forward to catching up with the RTR's and all the new want to have fun cruisers.

Kelcie

I'm shooting for Anthem, November'ish 2015 - some kind of decent 9 to 11 night Caribbean itinerary. Of course, I'll need see what the prices look like too, if they are doable we'll book Anthem/Caribbean. But if prices are "out there" then we'll do something else.

I have no idea when Anthem's Cape Liberty itineraries are suppose to be released, I heard late June, but I'm not going to book anything before I see them.

I guess I'm on wait-n-see mode (again).:rolleyes::)

Hi everyone,

Fred, if you are interested in Anthem, supposedly the itineraries and pricing for November 2015 through the spring of 2016 will be on the Crown & Anchor member page on April 25, 2014 for booking. This was posted on another Quantum thread.

I do hope they have some decent itineraries and prices when it is released.

I'd be happy to go on Anthem, depending on the price and itinerary.

Kelcie

Hi everyone,

Fred, if you are interested in Anthem, supposedly the itineraries and pricing for November 2015 through the spring of 2016 will be on the Crown & Anchor member page on April 25, 2014 for booking. This was posted on another Quantum thread.

Kelcie

Thanks for the info, Kelcie. I guess then we'll have a good idea on Friday if we're going to book this ship or not.

I think I'd really like this ship class, although who really knows since the full deck plans still haven't been released :rolleyes:... we'll see.

Hi everyone,

Kelcie

Thanks for the info, Kelcie. I guess then we'll have a good idea on Friday if we're going to book this ship or not.

I think I'd really like this ship class, although who really knows since the full deck plans still haven't been released :rolleyes:... we'll see.

We will keep an eye out and an open mind

regarding a booking, we have our eye on

a certain cruise, but will not pull trigger just yet.

Have a great day Kelcie, Fred and all following this thread!

I received the email about the Anthem sailings but I cannot get it to go past the first page to see what the sailings are out of NJ :(

Try just selecting Cape Liberty as the port, do not indicate the month or ship yet. Wait until the itineraries come up, than select the month you want to view. Do not select March, for some reason, March is not showing up on the website and your screen may go blank.

Someone was kind enough to list the itineraries which are below. The prices are not listed online yet so you will have to call either your TA or Royal. Here's a heads up, make sure you are sitting down when you get the prices

of these sailings.

10 Nov 2015 Southern Caribbean 12 Anthem Of The Seas

22 Nov 2015 Bahamas 8 Anthem Of The Seas

30 Nov 2015 Western Caribbean 12 Anthem Of The Seas

12 Dec 2015 Bahamas 7 Anthem Of The Seas

19 Dec 2015 Bahamas 8 Anthem Of The Seas

27 Dec 2015 Bahamas 7 Anthem Of The Seas

03 Jan 2016 Southern Caribbean 12 Anthem Of The Seas

15 Jan 2016 Eastern Caribbean 10 Anthem Of The Seas

25 Jan 2016 Western Caribbean 12 Anthem Of The Seas

06 Feb 2016 Bahamas 7 Anthem Of The Seas

13 Feb 2016 Bahamas 8 Anthem Of The Seas

21 Feb 2016 Southern Caribbean 12 Anthem Of The Seas

04 Mar 2016 3 Anthem Of The Seas

07 Mar 2016 Western Caribbean 12 Anthem Of The Seas

19 Mar 2016 Bahamas 8 Anthem Of The Seas

27 Mar 2016 Southern Caribbean 12 Anthem Of The Seas

08 Apr 2016 Eastern Caribbean 10 Anthem Of The Seas

18 Apr 2016 Southern Caribbean 12 Anthem Of The Seas

I received the email about the Anthem sailings but I cannot get it to go past the first page to see what the sailings are out of NJ :(

Also got a similar email. Page two comes up blank, but the information you are looking for may be on Page three. Give it a try. As with far too many things related to RCI and its IT department, this email is replete with errors but some information may be valuable. Just have to pick and choose which information to believe and which to discard.

For what its worth the Anthem balcony pricing for 10 nights in Jan and April to the Caribbean is better than the Liberty 10 night balcony pricing in October. Itinerary for Liberty has Bermuda while Anthem has St. Kitts instead.

Prices are up on RCI for Anthem :eek: Think we'll be waiting awhile before we go on that class of ship.
I'm like you, I'm pretty certain I am done following this ship class for a year or two. I've never been super excited about this ship the way I was when the Freedom & Oasis class were released, and frankly, I don't like the way RCI handled this one. You know, we still do not know everything that's on this ship. Best I can tell, there are three gimmicks which I'm not really interested in - bumper cars, North Star and somewhat the iFly. And the rest of the ship seems to be restaurants; most of which require an additional fee to eat at. I guess maybe I'm tired of looking at "more to come" on the deck plans too.

If you all decide to book a date, I'll consider it, but given the prices and my lack of enthusiasm, I'll most likely do something else next year.

Bon Voyage!

Edited by The Grumpus

Hi everyone,

Well I am disappointed with the pricing and no difference in the Caribbean itineraries for the Anthem from Quantum. For the amount of money they are charging for the category cabins that we like to book, it is overpriced in my opinion. I checked out pricing on eight different sailings on Anthem in several categories, and they were all higher than I expected except for the inside cabins and obstructed view balconies.

I'm with Fred that the dust needs to settle or a last minute deal to open up to get me on this category of ships within the next year.

As a stockholder, if they can sustain the prices, good for the corporation. As a cruiser who likes the Royal Caribbean brand, I want a better itinerary for the price point.

If anyone is interested in another ship and sail date, let me know.

I hope everyone's Monday is off to a good start.

Kelcie

Edited by kk99

I agree with Fred, the prices are MUCH too high. When we still had our reservation on the Quantum for the spa JS, we had only paid $1699 pp and now that same room is over $2700. That is crazy :eek:

I think we would prefer to go on the Allure or even a Freedom class. Better stops and better prices and for what we like to do on the ship, sailing out of NY might be a bit too cold for us :p

Edna, Fred, Kelcie, Merrilyn, Jimmy--RTR's and all:

I agree. It is wildly disappointing and it feels like RCI doesn't even know us anymore.

Does anyone want to throw some dates/ships out there and we can get the discussion open?

And, do we continue on this thread since we are making changes and probably abandoning Anthem and Quantum for now?

Edna, Fred, Kelcie, Merrilyn, Jimmy--RTR's and all:

I agree. It is wildly disappointing and it feels like RCI doesn't even know us anymore.

Does anyone want to throw some dates/ships out there and we can get the discussion open?

And, do we continue on this thread since we are making changes and probably abandoning Anthem and Quantum for now?

How about Oasis - November 29, 2014 (Eastern Itin)?;)

May as well keep the thread, until we figure it out anyway.