Any interest in a possible sailing September 2015?

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone enjoyed a nice Labor day weekend. I am still hoping that they release the summer/ fall 2015 itineraries sooner than April 2014. I think there may be some New England cruises alternating with the Caribbean Cruises in September 2015. I'm not very good at the waiting game, but I'll definitely be on quantum in 2015.

I also think any improvements to the Bayonne port will be great. We've sailed out of there a couple of times, and it was due for a refresh and expansion.

I've got a couple of filler cruises booked before 2015, but I am really looking forward to having a blast on Quantum.

Fred & Sarah, by the time I see your daughter in person, she will probably be just about the same height as me! It's funny to think that she is already a seasoned cruiser.

Sheila and Jimmy, glad to hear you've got a Bermuda cruise coming up shortly. I really like visiting Bermuda,and it is a fun place to swim and sail.

Paul, Rudy, Jim, Sue, Jeff, Jim, Pat I do hope all of you are up for a reunion cruise, even if it is still a distance aways.

Some of the best hotel side staff have gone from Celebrity over to Quantum in the last couple of months, so I am sure that Quantum will live up to its announcements of stepping it up.

I would love for the gang to rent out some of the venues. Can you imagine another cocktail party in the sky?

Well back to work for me. I hope everyone both past RTR's and future Quantum gang are having a great week and year.

Take care, Kelcie

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone enjoyed a nice Labor day weekend. I am still hoping that they release the summer/ fall 2015 itineraries sooner than April 2014. I think there may be some New England cruises alternating with the Caribbean Cruises in September 2015. I'm not very good at the waiting game, but I'll definitely be on quantum in 2015.

I also think any improvements to the Bayonne port will be great. We've sailed out of there a couple of times, and it was due for a refresh and expansion.

I've got a couple of filler cruises booked before 2015, but I am really looking forward to having a blast on Quantum.

Fred & Sarah, by the time I see your daughter in person, she will probably be just about the same height as me! It's funny to think that she is already a seasoned cruiser.

Sheila and Jimmy, glad to hear you've got a Bermuda cruise coming up shortly. I really like visiting Bermuda,and it is a fun place to swim and sail.

Paul, Rudy, Jim, Sue, Jeff, Jim, Pat I do hope all of you are up for a reunion cruise, even if it is still a distance aways.

Some of the best hotel side staff have gone from Celebrity over to Quantum in the last couple of months, so I am sure that Quantum will live up to its announcements of stepping it up.

I would love for the gang to rent out some of the venues. Can you imagine another cocktail party in the sky?

Well back to work for me. I hope everyone both past RTR's and future Quantum gang are having a great week and year.

Take care, Kelcie

Hi Kelcie!

We had an incredible labor Day W/E in Key West,

weather was a tad hot but still very enjoyable.

How was your holiday weekend???

We are very much looking forward this reunion cruise,

and seeing everyone!!!!:)

Hi Kelcie!

We had an incredible labor Day W/E in Key West,

weather was a tad hot but still very enjoyable.

How was your holiday weekend???

We are very much looking forward this reunion cruise,

and seeing everyone!!!!:)

Frank and I have booked the Quantum for April 24, 2015; HOWEVER, we are all in for another one in September :D We will be on the Indepdence in six months and 11 days - woooooooooooo hooooooooo

We would love to cruise with all of y'all again :)

Edited by Charger2008

I agree that waiting for prices to be released for Summer-fall 2015 is a little disappointing, but the good news is is that we will know more of the details of the ship, and the prices will in all likelihood be lower than the first release sailings. Anthem is to debut in the spring of 2015, so maybe Quantum prices will be more reasonable by then. I did get through this morning before the website went live, and got several prices for different sailings, and they were about what I expected for a new ship. A couple of my friends booked this morning, and they do not have a higher tier status, and no problems for them booking. Royal Caribbean was also allowing two people instead of three to book the family junior suites. I think when all of the dust settles, several people may have buyer's price remorse, and look for a less expensive cabin or sailing. Some of the larger suites were over $11,000 for two people for a week.:eek:

I personally don't want to sail in the winter out of the New York area, as I have done that before, and the first couple of days we couldn't use the pools, just the hot tubs, as it just wasn't warm enough outside.

I am looking forward to more details being released, and the excitement building for the ship.

With regards to pricing, it is about the same as an 8 day on the Independence. We booked a Spa Junior Suite for $1,699 pp (would have been $1,599 but I waffled for a day on whether or not to book). Our Junior Suite on the Independence was $1,659 pp, so only $40 more on the Quantum and the suite is larger and has a bath and a half :) Also, flights to NJ are much cheaper than to Florida for us. I priced a trip for $413 for the two of us to NJ and it is about $860 to $900 to fly to Florida.

I joined AARP so I can get discounts on car rentals and hotels so not worried about pricing on those. Hey, this getting a bit older is not too bad if I can get discounts.:D

Hi Kelcie, I just ran across this thread and am excited about a RTR reunion. Over the week-end I was talking to Krystal about the possibility of the Quantum in 2015. We would love to join everyone if the dates and pricing works out. A 11 or 12 night Southern sounds great!

In the mean time how about the Independence in 2014. I saw the price was really down there for November 30, 2014! :cool:

Hi everyone,

Nancy so great to hear from you. I think the prices on Indy are really good for a 6 day cruise. My family is already deposited for a W. Caribbean cruise in mid December 2014, but I might be open to change if it was the same time frame in December 2014, or else book Indy in the low season weeks in Jan 2015. Please give Krystal and the rest of your family my best.

Sheila and Jimmy, sounds like ya'll had a blast in Key West. Plus with all of the excitement of Diana Nyad finishing her Cuba to Key West swim while ya'll were there. I'm thinking I could swim maybe a mile in the ocean at best, 110 miles was incredible.

Edna, changed names again? Great price on your Indy cruise and on Quantum. Please tell Frank hello for me. Are ya'll the surf champions on flowriders yet?

Celebrity fan, I am hoping to get another group together for Quantum in late August or September 2015 when pricing has calmed down from the inaugural prices for a Caribbean sailing during low season. I am hoping that

Royal will release schedules sooner than April 2014 for the Quantum for summer and fall sailings in 2015.

I had an absolute blast with the people I sailed with on Oasis and Allure, and I would love for all of us to back together on a sailing where everyone can plan and have time to save up for it. It made for great fun loving cruises.

I a definitely open for an unofficial get together in 2014 if we can get a consensus. Now explaining that ot my office, might take a little longer!

Take care,

Kelcie

Hi everyone,

Nancy so great to hear from you. I think the prices on Indy are really good for a 6 day cruise. My family is already deposited for a W. Caribbean cruise in mid December 2014, but I might be open to change if it was the same time frame in December 2014, or else book Indy in the low season weeks in Jan 2015. Please give Krystal and the rest of your family my best.

Sheila and Jimmy, sounds like ya'll had a blast in Key West. Plus with all of the excitement of Diana Nyad finishing her Cuba to Key West swim while ya'll were there. I'm thinking I could swim maybe a mile in the ocean at best, 110 miles was incredible.

Edna, changed names again? Great price on your Indy cruise and on Quantum. Please tell Frank hello for me. Are ya'll the surf champions on flowriders yet?

Celebrity fan, I am hoping to get another group together for Quantum in late August or September 2015 when pricing has calmed down from the inaugural prices for a Caribbean sailing during low season. I am hoping that

Royal will release schedules sooner than April 2014 for the Quantum for summer and fall sailings in 2015.

I had an absolute blast with the people I sailed with on Oasis and Allure, and I would love for all of us to back together on a sailing where everyone can plan and have time to save up for it. It made for great fun loving cruises.

I a definitely open for an unofficial get together in 2014 if we can get a consensus. Now explaining that ot my office, might take a little longer!

Take care,

Kelcie

Well, I was using Frank's 'Raptor2010' log on because after so many people were so flippen rude to me when I had the 'Catlady27' account, I deleted it. Oh, get this, after I created the Charger2008 account, one of the "people" (you know what word I am thinking of) started giving me grief again but this time I played it by the book, I reported his posts and sent messages to the admins asking them to make him cease and desist from harassing me. I am sure he is still cyber stalking me and reading everything I post so he can "catch" me saying something wrong [insert eye roll here :rolleyes:].

Anywho, this weekend is the last weekend the waterpark will be open but we are planning on renting it out soon for about three hours so we can get some good quality ride time. I have learned some new tricks and Frank is doing great on the wave. I still need to win the lotto so I can put one in the backyard :)

Frank and I have booked the Quantum for April 24, 2015; HOWEVER, we are all in for another one in September :D We will be on the Indepdence in six months and 11 days - woooooooooooo hooooooooo

We would love to cruise with all of y'all again :)

HI Edna!!!!

I liked your old name wth????

But this new name is delightful, too!:)

You love those ships with flowey-riders!!!! lol

You are the Queen of the FR!!!

Hi everyone,

Take care,

Kelcie

OMG, Kelcie...the excitement was fantastic!

She is so inspiring!:)

HI Edna!!!!

I liked your old name wth????

But this new name is delightful, too!:)

You love those ships with flowey-riders!!!! lol

You are the Queen of the FR!!!

Hi Sheila :) Had to change it because I guess some folks just don't like cats OR they are just jealous because Frank and I rock it on the Flowrider :D

Can't wait until we call all sail together again :p

Hi Sheila :) Had to change it because I guess some folks just don't like cats OR they are just jealous because Frank and I rock it on the Flowrider :D

Can't wait until we call all sail together again :p

Ohhhh, ok. People suck, what can I say, LOL:eek::D

I either get flack or ignored because of my high post count.:rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

Take care,

Kelcie

Hi Kelcie!

Is any thought being given to the Anthem. If I read it right the Anthem is supposed to set sail in the Spring of 2015. I haven't seen any schedules yet but both should be in service the fall of 2015.

Hi Kelcie!

Is any thought being given to the Anthem. If I read it right the Anthem is supposed to set sail in the Spring of 2015. I haven't seen any schedules yet but both should be in service the fall of 2015.

If Anthem has a better schedule and timing, I certainly would be up for that ship instead of QOS. It would be easier to make that decision if the Sept 2015 itineraries for both ships are released at the same time. Otherwise, we may have to pick QOS and stick to it. I plan to use a NC cert for this cruise so switching to Anthem months later will not be an option for us. Edited by The Grumpus

Is anyone else watching the live feeds of the Costa Concordia?

It is way less dramatic than I expected but still watching! LOL:D

http://live.reuters.com/Event/Raising_the_Costa_Concordia

I have multiple monitors on my PC at work so I've had it on one of my monitors all day. It's slow moving but she is rising... there is one nasty bathtub ring around that ship!:eek:

Hi everyone,

Glad to see some posts this Monday afternoon.

The speculation is that Anthem may be based out of Southhampton for 2015. If she is based stateside, I'm certainly up for whichever ship has the best itinerary.

If Anthem is overseas, I think it would be too costly to use that ship as an official group, althought I'm always up for an unofficial group as well!

Thanks Sheila for the Concordia link. It truly is an amazing engineering feat for them to be finally able to right the ship.

I am hoping that Royal releases the fall 2015 Quantum itineraries soon as well as the Anthem 2015 itineraries. It would make it exciting to get it booked.

Fred I'm glad to know that your RTR design is still holding up so well on tee shirts. I still get comments on it when I have worn it on other cruise ships.

Al, glad to see you've got some upcoming cruises to occupy yourself with!

I've got a big friends and family cruise coming up in December, but I am really looking forward to renting out the North Star for cocktail hour if possible.

I hope everyone's Monday is fairly uneventful,

Take care,

Kelcie