Any interest in a possible sailing September 2015?

Did everyone loose interest :confused:
I'm still a go! Looks like RCCL won't be releasing the Sept. 2015 itineraries until next year (March/April 2014) so we can't do much until then. If it turns out the Sept 2015 itins are released next week (May 28th) then it will be time to pick a date!:) As it stands now though, we don't even know where the ship will be or be going, in Sept. 2015. Edited by The Grumpus

Fred, I love your RC crown avatar. :)
Thank you, Staci. I took a picture of a picture hanging on the wall of Allure's bridge.:)

I have a better picture of it on my home PC but you can see it in this pic too (left side of pic):

allure-bridge-6_zpsbb777684.jpg

:o September or anytime in the Fall doesn't work for us ... because we are huge football fans.

LuLu

~~~~

That is definitely something to consider. We cruise around New Year's just about every year and that does mess up the bowl season and beginning of the playoffs. I've usually found that we can see most of the high profile games on the big-screens but then I'm usually doing something else and miss them anyway. Cruising is a trade-off during that time of the year.;)

Hi everyone,

Well we are all waiting to see how far out they will post the itineraries for next year. I was hoping that with the press release the other day, they would get more specific. For September 2015 it could be the end of the Bermuda cruises, or perhaps a New England sailing, or Caribbean, it's just speculation at this point. My only hope for that time frame is a reasonable price point on Quantum, as Anthem will have recently launced a few months prior to this possible cruise.

I certainly understand about being a football fan and the fall schedule. We go to games both college and pro regularly throughout the season. I've never had a problem with any cruise ship broadcasting the big games while at sea. If I have to miss attending live, a local game for a week's cruise, I am okay with that, as vacations are wonderful whenever I get to fit one in. The satellite feeds are getting much better on the ships over the past couple of years.

I hope everyone is having a good week, and a great Memorial day weekend.

Kelcie

Boy this seems like a great group, I hope I can work it out and sail with you guys. I cannot wait to get a look at what she has to offer itinerary wise at diff times of year. I am hoping to sail on her January 2015 with my parents and aunt for our annual January cruise. They were extremely excited when they got the flyer that was mailed out. So it may not be too hard to get them to agree.

Boy this seems like a great group, I hope I can work it out and sail with you guys. I cannot wait to get a look at what she has to offer itinerary wise at diff times of year. I am hoping to sail on her January 2015 with my parents and aunt for our annual January cruise. They were extremely excited when they got the flyer that was mailed out. So it may not be too hard to get them to agree.

I totally understand. My husband always leaves the planning up to me but the day that we the mailing, I came home from work and he said, "you must book this."

I will have to do a future cruise credit when I go on Oasis in November. Maybe two of them because I am certain I will be going on a few RCCL cruises soon.I am sick and tired of Carnival out of Baltimore, we have done the same cruise 5 yrs in a row, because mom won't/can't fly because of her oxygen requirements. I go to spend time with them and help them out so I guess it should not matter, but I want to go somewhere warm in January and Bahamas is not warm enough.

I will have to do a future cruise credit when I go on Oasis in November. Maybe two of them because I am certain I will be going on a few RCCL cruises soon.I am sick and tired of Carnival out of Baltimore, we have done the same cruise 5 yrs in a row, because mom won't/can't fly because of her oxygen requirements. I go to spend time with them and help them out so I guess it should not matter, but I want to go somewhere warm in January and Bahamas is not warm enough.

How do you do an official CC group cruise now?

They tried to do one on the CCL board and were told they were not doing them any more or was that just CCL group cruises?

Bill

Bill

With all the probs CCL has been having lately, I think we will start holding the CC meet and greets on the lifeboats, lol.

We actually arrange our own. Usually one before sail away (around 3pm) on Serenity Deck. Then another one the 2nd or 3rd day for late boarders.

Stacy

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Bill,

I've done two prior Cruise Critic group sailings on Oasis and Allure. The process is to post and see if there is any interest among the CC community , and then to get the information to the Community Manager at Cruise Critic. They can then approve it and they set it up with the travel agency to block group space for a particular date and ship. Whoever is the group leader plans some activities for the cruise and those who want to participate will. On the two prior ones we had a Sailaway get together, gift exchange, door decorating, awesome tee shirts designed by Fred, cabin crawl, pub crawl, slot pull, and some other events. It is the great people on the roll call who can make a great cruise even better.

I have also set up groups on several other cruises, as I can usually talk my friends into taking another cruise and having a great time.

I'm not sure about Carnival groups, but I've already contacted CC about the possibility for the Quantum. I'm definitely going on it and I would love to cruise with the great people I've met on prior sailings and some new friends. I think most people who were on the Oasis and Allure sailings with myself and my friends from Texas had a good time.

Kelcie

Hi Bill,

I've done two prior Cruise Critic group sailings on Oasis and Allure. The process is to post and see if there is any interest among the CC community , and then to get the information to the Community Manager at Cruise Critic. They can then approve it and they set it up with the travel agency to block group space for a particular date and ship. Whoever is the group leader plans some activities for the cruise and those who want to participate will. On the two prior ones we had a Sailaway get together, gift exchange, door decorating, awesome tee shirts designed by Fred, cabin crawl, pub crawl, slot pull, and some other events. It is the great people on the roll call who can make a great cruise even better.

I have also set up groups on several other cruises, as I can usually talk my friends into taking another cruise and having a great time.

I'm not sure about Carnival groups, but I've already contacted CC about the possibility for the Quantum. I'm definitely going on it and I would love to cruise with the great people I've met on prior sailings and some new friends. I think most people who were on the Oasis and Allure sailings with myself and my friends from Texas had a good time.

Kelcie

Thank you Kelcie for taking the time to reply.

I was just wondering because i had remembered this post from last month and was just curious.:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=37922717#post37922717#43

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

Hi Bill,

I read the thread you posted. If it is a Cruise Critic group, CC wants to make sure the person will follow through and can get the minimum number of cabins to book. I always have several hometown friends who cruise with us, so we usually don't have a problem making a group.

I saw where they posted the sailing schedule through April 2015. We will just have to wait a little while longer for the summer and fall schedule of 2015.

I am really looking forward to cruising on this new class of ship.

Kelcie

What's going on with these cruise ships lately, now the Grandeur Of The Seas in the news for a fire on the aft ( I think) I wonder what cause this.:confused:

I have been following the fire on the Grandeur..what a shame! Thank God no one was injured.

In addition did you read about NCL's Breakaway? Several balcony dividers were torn off in the high winds heading back from Bermuda to New York. Luckily no one was injured.

From what I have read re the Grandeur, the crew did an outstanding job managing the guests.

It must have been terrifying being woken in the wee hours to that alarm and standing at Muster stations for 4 hours!

I have been following the fire on the Grandeur..what a shame! Thank God no one was injured.

In addition did you read about NCL's Breakaway? Several balcony dividers were torn off in the high winds heading back from Bermuda to New York. Luckily no one was injured.

From what I have read re the Grandeur, the crew did an outstanding job managing the guests.

It must have been terrifying being woken in the wee hours to that alarm and standing at Muster stations for 4 hours!

Hmmm... now we know why it's called Breakaway.:rolleyes::o

I agree, it sounds like the emergency on Grandeur was handled efficiently and professionally by the officers and crew. Many thumbs up for them!!! And I was glad to see the Adam Goldstein there so quickly too. It looks as though Royal are trying to keep on top of this and addressing the situation in a proactive manner. Glad to see it!

I am glad everyone is ok and the crew did a great job . I just want to go on a cruise . Please don't cancelled my cruise .

Lisa

I think if I was in your position. I would look for another sailing and make the switch now before they do cancel it and then everyone is looking for another sailing.

I'm sure if you stress to Royal Caribbean you only get a certain week for vacation they will let you switch to another sailing with no problem, no charges.

Jump on the June 13th cruise on Explorer of the Seas from Bayonne, 9 day Bermuda/Caribbean Cruise

Edited by Jimbo