FLL to Port of Miami

peachynessa

I am looking to book round trip transportation from FLL to Port of Miami and back. i was looking at companies that offer this service and i was wondering if you guys prefer one company over the others? also I noticed on SAS they seem to prefer cash as payment. how does that work? do you pay for each way when you get picked up or all the first pick up? thanks in advance :)

We are flying into FLL on 4/10 for a cruise out of MIA. We have booked with MJS Transport for $15 p/p. I've seen equal reviews on he top 3 on TripAdv. but went with them as they were the first to reply to my inquiries. We'll report back in 65 days!

We used MJS for FLL to POM this past December for our Glory western caribbean cruise. They were good overall, had about a 40min wait at the airport though before they came around. After we were picked up, we still rode around to a few FLL area hotels to pick up other passengers before actually heading down to POM. We had FTTF and were super anxious to just get there. If we didn't have 3 pieces of luggage, we would have definitely done Uber. Price would have been about the same, if not a little cheaper. FLL also has a designated Uber pickup spot right next to where we had to wait for the shuttle. It was tempting to cancel seeing all the other people getting into cars for 40 minutes or so.

MJS was still very professional and nice driver. You pay them after each leg of the trip, and they do accept credit cards. Though one guy who was on the shuttle with us tried to pay with a card, and the driver was having issues with the mobile payment system they had and was getting frustrated (understandable when you have more pick ups to do). Eventually he got it to work, but it did hold up everyone else getting off at different ships. Overall, MJS is solid. If you are in a rush to get on the ship, or cutting it close to boarding time from the airport, I would look into Uber/Lyft/private cab/limo. Hope this helps!

We used MJS for FLL to POM this past December for our Glory western caribbean cruise. They were good overall, had about a 40min wait at the airport though before they came around. After we were picked up, we still rode around to a few FLL area hotels to pick up other passengers before actually heading down to POM. We had FTTF and were super anxious to just get there. If we didn't have 3 pieces of luggage, we would have definitely done Uber. Price would have been about the same, if not a little cheaper. FLL also has a designated Uber pickup spot right next to where we had to wait for the shuttle. It was tempting to cancel seeing all the other people getting into cars for 40 minutes or so.

MJS was still very professional and nice driver. You pay them after each leg of the trip, and they do accept credit cards. Though one guy who was on the shuttle with us tried to pay with a card, and the driver was having issues with the mobile payment system they had and was getting frustrated (understandable when you have more pick ups to do). Eventually he got it to work, but it did hold up everyone else getting off at different ships. Overall, MJS is solid. If you are in a rush to get on the ship, or cutting it close to boarding time from the airport, I would look into Uber/Lyft/private cab/limo. Hope this helps!

thank you for all of the info :) that 40 minute wait time really worries me as we are flying in the day of our cruise.

We used Larry's Private car and Limo service. Top notch! we had a group of 10, so we needed something larger than a regular van. They were prompt, professional and took CC. We'll definitely use them again.

We used Larry's Private car and Limo service. Top notch! we had a group of 10, so we needed something larger than a regular van. They were prompt, professional and took CC. We'll definitely use them again.

Mind telling me how much it was? We have a group of 10 also. Was there room for a lot of luggage, some of us don't pack light? Thanks, Judy

I am looking to book round trip transportation from FLL to Port of Miami and back. i was looking at companies that offer this service and i was wondering if you guys prefer one company over the others? also I noticed on SAS they seem to prefer cash as payment. how does that work? do you pay for each way when you get picked up or all the first pick up? thanks in advance :)

SAS. QLS, MJS, Go Airport and other shuttles are suggested on this board almost daily. Typical fare is about $15 per person each way. check their web site to see if they pick up at your hotel, thus saving you a trip back to the airport just tot catch a shuttle.

If just 2-3 travelling without too much luggage you can take UberX or Lyft car service from FLL area to POM for about $40 for the car.

I am going to use Uber on March 5 from POM to FLL.

Is there a reason why most won't use Uber or just prefer to use the ride share, shuttles and private car services.

I would think Uber is like having a private car shuttle if there are only a few passengers.

Thank you.

Regular UberX will not work for families of 4 (or 3 if someone packs like my wife :o), and UberXL is pricey; lots of those from outside of the US do not want to use Uber because of the foreign data/roaming charges. And lots of folks either don't use it at home because it is not available, or they are dinosaurs like me who need to be pushed by kids and friends into giving it a try.

$40 in Uber compared to $30+ for two of us to ride a shared shuttle makes it an easy decision for me, now that I am a somewhat hip dinosaur. :rolleyes:

thank you for all the good advice. i am just a little worries about UberX we have 3 of us and we don't over pack. i am just concerned Uber will be hard to get at 8am. I just read a review from January, where the lady said they couldn't get an Uber and finally had to take a cab for $100.00. that's why i am not considering them.

For the person asking about Larry's pricing, it was well worth it. It will depend on the vehicle you choose. They are very prompt about giving you a quote. We were extremely happy with them, and will be using them again when we are in the area. We chose a larger vehicle than what we really needed - we're plus sized folks, and we had a disabled friend with us. Check them out, we're glad we did. (the 2 times we used them it came out to $17 - $24 per person - but we were going a long ways, and like I said, we had a larger vehicle than what most folks would need) Personal service, and knowing you can count on them goes a long ways with us.

Anyone know if SAS QLS or others will stop and let me get pepsi and wine ?

think about it this way, if you didn't need to stop, would you want to stop for 30-60 minutes while another passenger in the van stopped to get something?

The shuttle is unlikely to let you stop anyway, as they run a volume business on embarkation/debarkation days, and that 30-60 minutes is costing them money.

You'd also need to ask the other 8-10+ passengers in the van. :o

You are better off making your purchases at a store near your hotel the night before you catch the van ride.

the other 8 people in the van will be in my group. i dont know if that will matter tho.

We have used QLS, John's Car Service and Larry's Limo.

You could not pay us to use John's Car Service again. Absolutely nothing good about it besides the fact that we got to our destination. The driver was rude and not even close to friendly.

We used QLS three years ago to transport six of us. For a private van, it was around $100 each way. They were very responsive and were aware of our flight times (one flight was delayed for a medical reason). For a shared shuttle service or a large group shuttle, we would definitely use them again.

We used Larry's Limo last year and are using them again for our upcoming cruise. Our driver was super nice and safe. We had a town car type vehicle for three of us and cost was around $100 each way.

As a point of reference, we use the drivers to go from FLL to our Miami hotel and then from POM to FLL.

the other 8 people in the van will be in my group. i dont know if that will matter tho.

You might contact the shuttles that you are thinking of using. They might charge an additional fee for the stop. The other issue is that a lot of the shuttles have very specific licenses that restrict where they can pick up and drop off, they don't have the same license as a taxi, for example.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You might contact the shuttles that you are thinking of using. They might charge an additional fee for the stop. The other issue is that a lot of the shuttles have very specific licenses that restrict where they can pick up and drop off, they don't have the same license as a taxi, for example.

i didn't know that. thank you for the good info. i called a lot of the services and none of them are willing to stop unless i pay 145 for a private van plus 25.00 to stop.

i didn't know that. thank you for the good info. i called a lot of the services and none of them are willing to stop unless i pay 145 for a private van plus 25.00 to stop.

You might try Uber or Lyft from FLL to a nearby store and back, then catch the shuttle with your group.