Just odd Royal Barcelona to Rome

cruisejunkie

We just returned from the Royal. I cannot say anything bad about this ship. Every thing was clean and not showing any wear. Our last two cruises (NCL and Celebrity) left me so disappointed that we thought maybe we were just getting burnt out with cruising. The Royal renewed my joy of cruising. Staff was efficient and polite. Bar staff very friendly,especially Ariel in Vines. Our mini suite was perfect for the three of us. 14 year granddaughter joined us.

We had plenty of space for all of us. Did not feel cramped at all.

We enjoyed having anytime dining and only had a short wait a couple of times. Buffet was always good with many selections. No trouble finding a table. We enjoyed the wait staff getting our coffee an water. We ate at Sabatini's one night and it was delicious.

The entertainment was very good. We enjoy Princess Live and game shows. Being a port intensive cruise, we did not spend much time at pool. Lots of kids. Movies under the Star was cozy and fun.

My granddaughter and I enjoyed a massage. Here I have one complaint. The hard sale to get me to buy expensive oils and lotions after. I can to relax not shop.

Embarcation went well and we were off the ship at 8:00am.

We stayed at the Hotel Jazz two nights prior and Albets Del Sanato post. Would highly recommend both.

We booked tour in Barcelona with Barcelona Day Tours. They picked us up at airport and gave us an excellant four hour tour.

We used Rome in Limo which picked us up at pier and had an all day tour of Rome.

Both were top notch.

We felt no vibrations on deck 14.

If you have any questions I'll try to help.

This Saturday it will be our turn!

I've been eager to get back on board Royal Princess after our ship visit/tour the day before its naming ceremony here in the UK three years ago!

Thanks for the positive feedback

My granddaughter and I enjoyed a massage. Here I have one complaint. The hard sale to get me to buy expensive oils and lotions after. I can to relax not shop.

It's been reported here (never used the spa, so can't say from my own experience) that if you tell the attendant up front that you don't want the sales pitch they cooperate.

It's been reported here (never used the spa, so can't say from my own experience) that if you tell the attendant up front that you don't want the sales pitch they cooperate.

I agree - the minute they start, just shut 'em down, "Thanks - I appreciate the information but I won't be buying any products today." Works every time for me. ;)

Glad you had a wonderful cruise! We're going on the Royal in September and are so excited:) Where was your room on the 14th floor? We are on Marina deck in a forward cabin so curious>>>

Nice to know that the staff, food and entertainment were to your liking and I assume you will be back on Princess :)

You said you enjoyed your post cruise Rome in Limo transfer and tour of Rome. Was it just the three of you or were you able to join another group? I just set up a tour sharing of this same thing on their tour sharing site. Hopefully I'll get others to join us. Did you have a guide at the Vatican?

Glad you enjoyed your cruise!