Irritated, but can't do anything about it

bradboy

Last year I took my MIL on a cruise with our family. It was her 1st with CCL. I used my email for her contact. Today "she" received an email regarding a sale on the Journey cruises. Excited to see the discount I went to book it. It will not let me get the discount since she isn't traveling and they have not chose me for the discount. It's a $300 difference plus a 100 OBC.

So, any suggestions on getting this discount on an 11 nt cruise. How do the choose to give these discounts to? Thanks for your feedback!

Last year I took my MIL on a cruise with our family. It was her 1st with CCL. I used my email for her contact. Today "she" received an email regarding a sale on the Journey cruises. Excited to see the discount I went to book it. It will not let me get the discount since she isn't traveling and they have not chose me for the discount. It's a $300 difference plus a 100 OBC.

So, any suggestions on getting this discount on an 11 nt cruise. How do the choose to give these discounts to? Thanks for your feedback!

Take mil with you.

My mom got the same email, sent to my email since I'm the contact for the cabins. I was getting excited about a back to back 21 day cruise when I saw that my mom had to be sailing as well. At that time she will be in San Diego. Doesn't Carnival want money regardless who is cruising?

Maybe it's something about a certain demographic (senior citizen) that Carnival is selling to.

Edited by momonthego17

My mom got the same email, sent to my email since I'm the contact for the cabins. I was getting excited about a back to back 21 day cruise when I saw that my mom had to be sailing as well. At that time she will be in San Diego. Doesn't Carnival want money regardless who is cruising?

Maybe it's something about a certain demographic (senior citizen) that Carnival is selling to.

You could be on to something there. We are seniors and my DH got that email the other day. :eek:

Nope, that is not it! DH can prove it lol.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

My daughter received one. she has taken one cruise on Carnival and one cruise on Princess. Both of which I paid for with my CC.

but it is a moot point. My husband does not fly so as it is not a return to same port, we cannot go. she just found out she will have a child in December. Surprise. So she is not feeling well as well as adjusting to a major shock for us all.

We will love the little rascal when it arrives.......but goodness. What a game changer.

My fiance doesn't book our cruises, doesn't even use email etc. He ALWAYS gets the offers and even got a mail offer from Carnival once...I get nothing!

Same here! We did not get the offer but at current time dh has 3 Private offers. I have nothing and I do all the work!!!:eek:

She's a senior too

I've also did some mock bookings to figure out the deposit.

Unfortunately she's not going with us. I hate saying goodness, that $$$ could go a long way and not be able to even sweet talk our way with CcL. Boo hoo! Gonna have me a pity party!

Cessnabmw- book it! Cove balcony has gone from 2700 a few weeks ago to 2368 last week now this special at 2068.97 w/100 OBC - that's what our triple occupancy was

I don't even think an ES would beat it

She's a senior too

I've also did some mock bookings to figure out the deposit.

Unfortunately she's not going with us. I hate saying goodness, that $$$ could go a long way and not be able to even sweet talk our way with CcL. Boo hoo! Gonna have me a pity party!

Cessnabmw- book it! Cove balcony has gone from 2700 a few weeks ago to 2368 last week now this special at 2068.97 w/100 OBC - that's what our triple occupancy was

I don't even think an ES would beat it

I think we'll book it!!

Which decks have cove balconies? Are coves better than regular balconies?