Another dress question!!!!

Heather White

I recall one cruise where a very elderly couple would turn up in bathrobes to the Veranda for breakfast. I think the maitre d' or hotel manager had a discreet word and thereafter, apparently, they ordered room service as we never saw them again at breakfast! But, as Mrs W says, basically anything goes - you're on holiday. It's really only evenings when dress code kicks in. Although I'm not sure how they would respond to skinny-dipping in the pool!

Yes. You'll typically most people wearing what they'll were into port at breakfast/lunch. On sea days, it's the same - just be sure swimwear is covered up! (On the women's side of that, I usually throw a sundress over my bathing suit so I'm appropriately attired all day until dinner.)

I believe you can wear your terry cloth suite robe to the Sky Bar on the 'Baby Girls ~a elderly fellow from Houston use to come to the Sky Bar (the Pride) mornings for his bloody mary. He'd always perch on "his"bar stool and visit with Nelson & his shipmates. We were always happy to see him come thru' the door each morning.

MB

Heather - yes, assuming they are more or less the 'tailored' type, not too short, and not swim shorts, and fine for lunch as well. Keep the Orlebar Browns and Villebrequins for the pool area! (Not sure about spelling, my DH is a bit beyond swim shorts at his age!)

I believe you can wear your terry cloth suite robe to the Sky Bar on the 'Baby Girls ~a elderly fellow from Houston use to come to the Sky Bar (the Pride) mornings for his bloody mary. He'd always perch on "his"bar stool and visit with Nelson & his shipmates. We were always happy to see him come thru' the door each morning.

MB

Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD :)

And on SB's website and your preliminary cruise booklet it states, "Swimsuits, brief shorts, coverups and exercise attire should be reserved for poolside, on deck or in the spa and fitness center." That said a number of people do show up at the Veranda/Colonnade for breakfast lunch in exercise gear and coverups.

I've seen very few sailors enjoying their morning bloody marys wearing their terry robes. I would never appear in mine, but I guess this elderly fellow from Houston felt comfortable ~at lunch, in the dining room, he would arrive at the back door in a gorgeous suit with a necktie ~ he was always very fashionable and well dressed ~traveled alone. He was so kind to the staff and crew ~they loved his being aboard.

MB