Retired Military OBC Finished????

Griller

I did search this forum before posting but did not find anything relevant,

I have just been emailed by a travel agent and told that Cunard are no longer offering the retired military OBC which I used to receive.

Without wishing to doubt the agency I just wondered if anyone can confirm this?

Thanks to anyone with direct experience of this who can help.

I did search this forum before posting but did not find anything relevant,

I have just been emailed by a travel agent and told that Cunard are no longer offering the retired military OBC which I used to receive.

Without wishing to doubt the agency I just wondered if anyone can confirm this?

Thanks to anyone with direct experience of this who can help.

I sailed earlier this year and was told that I just managed to get the credit before it ended, but that effective this year (I do not remember the exact date) Cunard would no longer provide this credit.

I sailed earlier this year and was told that I just managed to get the credit before it ended, but that effective this year (I do not remember the exact date) Cunard would no longer provide this credit.

I have military OBC for an upcoming cruise in September. Mind you I asked about it a pretty long while back.

J

I booked a cruise 2 weeks ago for a cruise on the Q.E & i received mine, But they do revue what benefit's they offer every year so i suspect that is what is happening at the moment, Don't forget that it is a Carnival offer that they apply to other brands of the group as well.

As someone still serving I applied and was told by Military Concessions that I'd made the wrong sort of booking. Didn't know there was a right sort so I asked for the decision to be reconsidered in the spirit of Cunards support to both serving and retired forces personnel but was firmly told it couldn't be done. Hope my request for it to be reviewed hasn't upset the upgrade fairy.

Don't forget that it is a Carnival offer that they apply to other brands of the group as well.
Princess, in particular, is much better at communicating and managing the Military OBC program, including improved methods for applying for the benefit (e.g., web/email subission of qualifying documentation), and once you're shown to be eligible for the benefit it automatically is applied to every future booking (including when you're "just looking" and making a trial booking).

The benefit seems to be still available from Princess (unlcear whether Princess provides the benefit to UK customers, though).

In what way is it not eligible?

There seem to be a lot of Cunard flares, specially Flash fares, clsoe to sailing Sale fares, where apparently one is not eligible for Stockholder OBC, or Future Cruise OBC.

I was on the June10th TA. Called Cunard in Feb and was given fax number to send DD214 then heard nothing. Called in April and was told to refax, again nothing. Finally called in May and was told that OBC would end at the end of May and not be offered after that date sorry.

I go on a 13 night cruise on 21st July. I received the OBC by sending cunard a copy of my discharge certificate. I received $100.00, i believe it works on a sliding scale, the longer the cruise the more OBC, I think the policy is still in place. Got to be worth the price of a stamp. As an ex royal engineer, we always search out a bargain.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

After reading this thread, as well as others, I emailed Cunard to find out if there was a Military OBC (I have served in the US Military). The first email (from CarnivalUK) stated that there was indeed an OBC (not a discount) for active, retired and disabled military personnel...this was for Cunard and Princess. It talked about the required documents and I noticed it was directed at UK Military, so I emailed back to ask if US Military was included. Yesterday I received the answer...no, OBC was just for British Military. Now I find that a bit sad, but can I hear from anyone in US Military regarding this? Do you think that a different comment would come from Carnival in the US? That would be a bit frustrating if they gave OBC to UK but not US military.

Gosh,

I never knew about this OBC and now it looks like I might not get something I was not expecting or ever heard of!!

I wonder if it will be reinstated for 2014 and if so will I be notified?

Beats me why I should receive this as I volunteered, was adequately paid for my time serving both Queen and country and got to see the World.

The travel agency we use to book cruises offers a variety of discounts & incentives, one being for retired, disabled and active duty military. It is nearly impossible to attempt to figure out which sort of thing results in the best outcome.

It is possible that Cunard has sent this down to the level of the travel agents to be offered or not.

It doesn't hurt to ask your travel agent/agency.

Why oh why would you expect to get a benefit on a luxury cruise just because you have been, or are in the military?

David.

Maybe because some firms acknowledge the fact that military men put their life on the line so that passengers can enjoy their cruise without fear of being attacked.

There are many firms in the UK which offer discounts to ex- service personnel.

And it's much appreciated!

Archived