Falmouth Excursion

Cowcrazy65

This is our first cruise. I did not really see any excursions that I wanted to take with RC in Falmouth. Any other companies that you suggest that are safe to use? What about using a private driver for the day? I am a little worried about being SAFE ( I have seen quite a few comments about safety and people felt unsafe in Jamaica) I wanted to see one of the plantations and some time on one of the Beaches. Suggestions please....THANKS!!!:confu

Do Red Stripe Beach. You purchase it on line on the RCI site. You are picked up at the dock and dropped at the beach then returned. 100% safe and ship sponsored. It was the nicest beach day I have ever had. Wasn't crowded and the beach was excellent. Also, in the early afternoon we had a feed of jerk chicken which was great.

Here's a few pics of the place. Next time we go to Falmouth, we're going back.

13017800934_96a39859df_b.jpg

13017579013_888b8331fe_b.jpg

13017577623_4bc08f071e_b.jpg

13017400775_f59a6535ff_b.jpg

Do Red Stripe Beach. You purchase it on line on the RCI site. You are picked up at the dock and dropped at the beach then returned. 100% safe and ship sponsored. It was the nicest beach day I have ever had. Wasn't crowded and the beach was excellent. Also, in the early afternoon we had a feed of jerk chicken which was great.

Here's a few pics of the place. Next time we go to Falmouth, we're going back.

13017800934_96a39859df_b.jpg

13017579013_888b8331fe_b.jpg

13017577623_4bc08f071e_b.jpg

13017400775_f59a6535ff_b.jpg

Thanks for posting...just booked this for our nov cruise :)

Peat Taylor is who we use in Jamaica. $40pp for a private driver for the day. Did some sightseeing/shopping, ate at Scotchie's and spent the afternoon at Doctor's Cave Beach. Used Peat Taylor twice now, once in Ocho Rios, once in Falmouth, great both times! Look him up on Trip Advisor, good reviews.

We used Patrice Bailey (found on Trip Advisor) in Sept we went to Dunns River Falls and a small tour of the island, She catered to what you want to do. I was quite nervous setting it up through an individual on the internet, but was so happy when she was there on time and even remembered my name! Pleased with our tour!

We took a private culinary walking tour. It was $45pp. Much less for kids. It was a max of 12 guests, but it wound up being 2 of us. Jamaica Culinary tours.com. I highly recommend it for something different. We didn't want to do a beach. The tour guide even took us to a local market to buy spices.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Did you feel that the food was prepared safely? I saw that sometimes it is inside private homes???

Do not kid yourselves. The problem in Jamaica is not limited to pushy vendors, although there are plenty of those. IMHO this sentence (and what follows on the site) is a pretty strong statement that people should be aware of. Make up your own minds, and to each their own and all that - but to call Jamaica safe is incorrect.

I would agree with this. Jamaica is beautiful and so are the people but I wouldn't venture too far from the port on my own and as soon as I'm out of customs at the airport I head straight to the Sandals booth :)

Did you feel that the food was prepared safely? I saw that sometimes it is inside private homes???

I hope so. I was fine and trusted the tour company. If you read their reviews on trip advisor all were excellent. The company puts the their reputation on the line. We really enjoyed it.

I hope so. I was fine and trusted the tour company. If you read their reviews on trip advisor all were excellent. The company puts the their reputation on the line. We really enjoyed it.

Thank you. I am in contact with the owner now to book for our upcoming cruise. Just wanted to try something different.