Coke

lynnray

My husband is an avid coke drinker, won't go near pepsi. He wants to brink coke on board which I know is allowed. Is it best to bring cans or bottles? Carry on or checked luggage. Breakaway July 14

I would say cans. And pack a little 6-can, soft-sided cooler (and small Blue Ice pack), so you can transport them around the ship. I could have done with the latter for my left over beer bucket beers, but didn't think of it. But it's on my packing list now! :)

We taped two 12 packs of diet coke and put a room label on it and sent it with the luggage and it was delivered with the suitcases. Also bought it on shore and carried it on board. NO problem.

My husband is an avid coke drinker, won't go near pepsi. He wants to brink coke on board which I know is allowed. Is it best to bring cans or bottles? Carry on or checked luggage. Breakaway July 14

I too don't like Pepsi. I found mini bottles of diet coke in an eight pack which I put in my carry on last month on the pearl. Worked out good for me. Got them at local grocery store. But if you fly into port which I did not do you will need to pack them in suitcase and then transfer to carry on at port, or buy them in port area as tsa won't let you carry them on plane. I carried them on ship in carry on cause year before carnival took out of my suitcase all of my diet ginger ale and left a note that soda etc had to be in carry on bags not suitcases.

Plastic bottles are his best bet. I also drink Coke, can't stand Pepsi. You haven't lived until you had glass bottled Coke from Mexico........they use real cane sugar:D

Plastic bottles are his best bet. I also drink Coke, can't stand Pepsi. You haven't lived until you had glass bottled Coke from Mexico........they use real cane sugar:D

But you can't take glass bottles onto the pool deck though. Or at least you're not supposed to. I just keep mine in a bag (usually my wife's pool bag) as I pour from them. So if, on the off chance, I do drop one it a) doesn't have far to drop and b) in the unlikely event it does break, any broken glass will be in the bag and not on the deck.

It's seasonal, but you can purchase that in the US as well. :D

My husband and I are the same way. I like Fresca, and my husband likes Coke. There just isn't a Pepsi equivalent to either one that we like the taste of.

Do be aware, SOME ports will not just let you slap a room label on the soda and send it aboard, and one or two demand you carry aboard your own soda/water and won't let it go in checked luggage at all. Some posters on CC have also reported having sodas or water bottles stolen out of their cases while they were in the hall. It's always a good bet to put the sodas/water in a rolling suitcase or duffel bag. Most ports will let you check that, it seems, and no one will steal what they can't see...we hope. :mad: If it IS a port that makes you carry it aboard, having it in a 24" or so rolling suitcase makes bringing it aboard easy enough.

Happy sailing!

DML

I was recently on the Breakaway and put two six packs of (12 oz) plastic bottles of sprite and coke, along with a 12 pack of water into a giant duffle bag. I put my room tag on it and it was delivered to my room.

While at the port I saw plenty of cases of water and pop with room tags on them that were not in bags.

As long as your room isn't set to Do Not Disturb on the Breakaway they will roll your luggage into your room and not leave it in the hall. The halls are very narrow so it was really nice to see most of the luggage being placed inside the cabins.

Enjoy your cruise!

As long as your room isn't set to Do Not Disturb on the Breakaway they will roll your luggage into your room and not leave it in the hall. The halls are very narrow so it was really nice to see most of the luggage being placed inside the cabins.

That is nice, I agree. Glad to hear it. I've said for a long time that I wish they would do this all the time. Some people disagree, but I really feel more secure with the luggage going into the rooms instead of sitting in the hall.

Of course, I don't pack things in the checked bags that are irreplaceable. Things like glasses, meds, jewelry, IDs, cash and cash equivalents... All of that goes into carry-ons anyway.

DML

I understand how your husband feels, well at least my husband does! Actually every time he drinks Pepsi he gets horrible heartburn for at least 24 hours if not longer and nothing gets rid of it. Funny thing, we normally don't even buy Coke, we get Faygo and Sam's Cola 95% of the time because of price and those don't effect him at all like Pepsi.

Had budgeted for my DH and 2 DS's to get drink cards, now I am not even bothering with my husbands. Going to take 2-3 24 packs of cans with us (11 day cruise). Hoping we don't have to lug them in Miami, but if we have to, it is still worth it over a drink card for him. Not going to be worse than having to carry on 48 20 oz bottles on Carnival!

Jasalth: No need to lug the cases in Miami further than the curb, just give them to the porters eith your other luggage and ask them to attach luggage tags to the cases and you're good to go.

Happy cruising!

Those are THE BEST! Did you know they are now selling them by the CASE at HOME DEPOT? :D

Had budgeted for my DH and 2 DS's to get drink cards, now I am not even bothering with my husbands. Going to take 2-3 24 packs of cans with us (11 day cruise). Hoping we don't have to lug them in Miami, but if we have to, it is still worth it over a drink card for him. Not going to be worse than having to carry on 48 20 oz bottles on Carnival!

You may want to call to make sure (or maybe someone else here is more clear on this than I am) but it was my understanding that if one person in a reserved room buys the drink pass then all people in the room have to buy it as well. I may be (and probably am) wrong but a phone call wouldn't hurt.

It's seasonal, but you can purchase that in the US as well. :D

My husband and I are the same way. I like Fresca, and my husband likes Coke. There just isn't a Pepsi equivalent to either one that we like the taste of.

Do be aware, SOME ports will not just let you slap a room label on the soda and send it aboard, and one or two demand you carry aboard your own soda/water and won't let it go in checked luggage at all. Some posters on CC have also reported having sodas or water bottles stolen out of their cases while they were in the hall. It's always a good bet to put the sodas/water in a rolling suitcase or duffel bag. Most ports will let you check that, it seems, and no one will steal what they can't see...we hope. :mad: If it IS a port that makes you carry it aboard, having it in a 24" or so rolling suitcase makes bringing it aboard easy enough.

Happy sailing!

DML

Actually it depends on where you live. I can buy "Mexican coke" and pepsi, fanta, sprite year round at any grocery store here in Houston. Plus, my personal favorite, Dr. Pepper made with cane sugar. (I'm drinking one as I type this :D) Though the DP is not Mexican I think it might just be for Texas and maybe the surrounding states.

You may want to call to make sure (or maybe someone else here is more clear on this than I am) but it was my understanding that if one person in a reserved room buys the drink pass then all people in the room have to buy it as well. I may be (and probably am) wrong but a phone call wouldn't hurt.

Doesn't apply to soda pass, only to Ultimate Beverage Package and even then it's for all passengers in the same folio (same paymentmethod), not jst the cabin. So if one haves two cabins, one for parents and second for kids and all onboard expenses are paid from the same credit card, then everyone over 21 must purchase the UBP and those under, soda pass.

That's definitely true of the UBP, but I've never heard it for the soda pass. Might do well to check it.

DML

That's definitely true of the UBP, but I've never heard it for the soda pass. Might do well to check it.

DML

Last week for our cruise on the Jewel, I purchased a soda package for my son and the rest of us didn't have to purchase anything. We also had our driver take us to Safeway before taking us to the ship to buy sodas. I had brought an extra duffel bag with a luggage tag for the sodas. It was delivered to our room with our luggage.

Archived