Coke

lynnray

We didnt have to fly, so we filled our "wheelie cooler" with coke, diet coke and water, slapped a luggage tag on it and viola, an extra seat on the balcony!!

Pathubia: You're a genius! I've been wanting to get a rolling cooler and now have a good reason.

We didnt have to fly, so we filled our "wheelie cooler" with coke, diet coke and water, slapped a luggage tag on it and viola, an extra seat on the balcony!!

Pathubia: You're a genius! I've been wanting to get a rolling cooler and now have a good reason.

About $25 at Walmart!!

I cracked up seeing people walk around with beer in one hand and their bucket in the other.

Hope your not on board in November as I may have you cracking up on a regular basis lol!!!!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I think it's great! After all, we're on vacation. :D

I think it's the thought of a few Bud Lite at the pool is keeping us focused !! Can't wait although it still seems so far off!!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

What about taking your soda with you to dinner? Would that be ok?

Sure. I've gone to multiple restaurants onboard with my own soda that is not even available onboard, never had a problem and usually been getting offered a glass with ice without even asking.

worked fine in NYC.... and when boarding the Breakaway in Bermuda, they didn't even check the liquids in our bags.... first time thru I asked if I needed to take my water out and was told no.... never mentioned it again and brought 5 drinks through once....

coke.jpg

LOL fav brother in law works for coke...and i hate pepsi but he will go nowhere that has Pepsi...LOL and that leaves too much out in a small town....LOVE IT and sorry for TMI but hilareous and thanks all for tips..can not live without my coke.

Does anyone know which ports allow sodas to go through with luggage tags or in a gym bag and which ports insist you carry them on yourself?

In Los Angeles/San Pedro, May 2013, we checked two cases of sodas with luggage tags onto the Sun.

What about New Orleans? Will we be able to either put some luggage tags on a couple of 12 packs of diet coke and/or a cooler?

We've always taped a few 12 packs together in Miami and no problem.:)

I have seen the porters in NOLA refuse to tote packs of pop.

I've not seen anyone carrying a cooler onto the ship. :eek:

Can we use luggage tags for cokes and water in Tampa?

No, that's the one port where checking the beverages definitely doesn't work. (Read that before here, went there myself, tried that anyway and then hauled our heavy duffel bag without wheels myself.)

You may want to call to make sure (or maybe someone else here is more clear on this than I am) but it was my understanding that if one person in a reserved room buys the drink pass then all people in the room have to buy it as well. I may be (and probably am) wrong but a phone call wouldn't hurt.

It was my understanding that if one person in a room buys the drink pass then only they may use it for drinks. IOW, no fair getting one drink pass for your son, but then trying to use that for your son, two daughters, and yourself. :eek: If you have three kids who are all drinking the stuff like it's going out of style, then you'd need to buy three drink cards for them. Otherwise, there's no way I'd bother with considering buying one for my SO. He does indulge in caffeine, but I don't do so in sufficient quantities to make buying two of them cost effective.

No, that's the one port where checking the beverages definitely doesn't work. (Read that before here, went there myself, tried that anyway and then hauled our heavy duffel bag without wheels myself.)

Thanks so much for the info....looks like I'll be using the collapsible instabags on wheels for the cokes and soda in Tampa.

Thanks so much for the info....looks like I'll be using the collapsible instabags on wheels for the cokes and soda in Tampa.

Yeah it has been reported here on CC several times that Tampa is tough with checking soda/water. For those interested in NYC Port, checking is fine.

Archived