ms Volendam in Juneau June 30, 2017

Scrapnana

For the last day of June (where the heck did June go?:confused:) Volendam will be at the CT dock from 1300-2200.

Also in port will be Disney Wonder at the AJ dock (0600-1700), Crystal Serenity at the AS dock (0700-2200) and Grand Princess at the FKL dock (1330-2215).

Unfortunately the weather forecast is not very good. They are calling for a steady rain in the morning and showers in the afternoon. There is an 80% chance of rain and an inch of rain is predicted.:( Hgh will be 59F/15C and a low of 53F/12C. Sunrise is 3:54 am and sunset 10:06 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

I'll be there. If only some of that nice weather made it to Juneau. We board the NA on Sat & it's our turn to be on deck as we dock in Juneau on Mon.

Allan

You sure, it wasn't Marmion Island (weather station)? I am not aware of a Juneau island

No, they definitely said Juneau Island which had me confused because I could not find a Juneau Island on any map. I've heard it a few times but can't remember which ship(s) said it.

No, they definitely said Juneau Island which had me confused because I could not find a Juneau Island on any map. I've heard it a few times but can't remember which ship(s) said it.

There's Douglas Island but I've never heard of "Juneau island". Interesting because it's usually the local pilots on the bridge who make the 1st radio transmission to alert other shipping of their presence inside Gastineau Channel

Looks like a wide turn for Volie which will bring her abeam Crystal and then port side to, bow to the south into CT, stern to the cam

Cam operator forgot to pan; if it stays like that, you're gonna see a huge Volie in the cam suddenly ;)