ms Nieuw Amsterdam & ms Eurodam in Juneau July 24, 2017

Scrapnana

A typical Monday in Juneau with the Nieuw Amsterdam (CT dock) and Eurodam (AS dock) arriving at 1300 and sailing at 2200.

Also in port are Ruby Princess (FKL dock) from 1100-2215 and Solstice (AJ dock) from 1330-2200).

With only a 10% chance of rain, the very cloudy morning is supposed to turn into partly cloudy later in the day. High will be 66F/19C and a low of 54F/12C. Sunrise is at 4:31 am and sunset at 9:35 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

Both sisters are right next to each other - but haven't been updated in 1½ hours.

Ruby Princess is approaching Juneau and she is current.

The data is a bit misleading there. The last updates were about 13 min apart so they were not really as close as the image implies.

Roy

Still don't have an AIS map; just a blue background where the map usually is

Can't get anything going directly to marinetraffic.com, either. I had it for a while on my desktop but when the webcam timed out I was back to the blue screen of death on the AIS panel.

Roy

Do either of you have premium?

Right now Eurodam is passing Grand Island with NA not far behind.

E @ 19.6 and NA @ 17.9.

Negative; perhaps good ol' PTZtv has made the decision that you can only see the AIS map if you pay premium...................

Negative; perhaps good ol' PTZtv has made the decision that you can only see the AIS map if you pay premium...................

I didn't figure you or Roy would - being aboard ship so much and the cost/availability of internet w/streaming.

Don't think so. I think there may be a handshake to get AIS data from marinetraffic that gets renegotiated each time the webcam refreshes but the source AIS data comes from marinetraffic.com which anybody can access. Right now that website is extremely flakey and PTZ is simply their customer. PTZ premium holders may be able to stay in longer once that handshake is completed since the webcam doesn't time out but I think that handshake today is a matter of pure luck.

I've been unable to log into my marinetraffic.com account today and PTZ has no control over that.

For a while I hit the time where that handshake worked on my desktop and I kept the map on my desktop until the webcam timed out but that never happened with my laptop.

Roy

Don't think so. I think there may be a handshake to get AIS data from marinetraffic that gets renegotiated each time the webcam refreshes but the source AIS data comes from marinetraffic.com which anybody can access. Right now that website is extremely flakey and PTZ is simply their customer. PTZ premium holders may be able to stay in longer once that handshake is completed since the webcam doesn't time out but I think that handshake today is a matter of pure luck.

I've been unable to log into my marinetraffic.com account today and PTZ has no control over that.

Roy

I've never lost it, that I can see - I'm not continually staring at it. :D

Only the time lapse earlier, that I spoke of, has been delinquent.

Eurodam approaching Gastineau Channel @ 16k and NA just leaving the passage @ 17.5k.

They're all named after Alaskan glaciers

You got it!

The ones I've been on:

Tustemena - Kenai Peninsula

Columbia - Prince William Sound

Malaspina - Just west of Hubard near Yukatat

Matanuska - 100 mi East of Anchorage

Kennicott - Wrangell St. Elias National Park

Roy