Cooler at the beach

disneylover89

I don't see why not. To the right of the pier there aren't any concessions nearby. To the left is mostly Margaritaville. I've sen plenty of beer bottles and drink glasses at the beach on the MV side. The question would be what's allowed to be brought off the ship. Where are you getting the beer and soda? I'm not certain if the Dufry shop sells these items and allows you to take them out on your own. Someone else will have to respond to that. I know the rum we bought was delivered to the ship for us and then delivered to our cabin on the last night. The nearest store is a taxi ride away. You're talking $15 RT just to buy beer and soda at a slightly lower cost. That erodes any savings right there.

We are able to buy water, soda and beer on-line in the Fun Shop section.(bottles of alcohol as well) They are in your room when you get there. We plan on buying some to enjoy on our balcony at our leisure. Ships never check what you bring off the ship, only on. I am from NY and there is no public drinking allowed. Just wanted to make sure you could in Grand Turk.

So long has you have the collapsible cooler And you can bring a bigger one on board via folding it in your luggage. Of course not carrying anything in it when you initially board.:rolleyes::eek: At worst, as you leave the ship they will make you take it back to your cabin. You might see some immigration/customs officials on the pier who might look at what you're bring off. In that case, you might have to give it up. But I'd say once you're on the beach, there's no "shore patrol" no "beverage/food police" to hassle you. Enjoy your day in GT:)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a collapsible cooler that we have been bringing with us for a couple of cruises now. We have the room steward fill some ziplock baggies with ice, put our drinks (pop) down in there and the ice surrounding it and then we put it in our beach bag. (It can hold about 6-8 can, so it's not that big but last us for a day trip). :) But we've never had any problems.