Ship time on vision

Vision was changing time on the season out of Port Everglades. While I would imagine they continue to do this out of Tampa, that would have to be confirmed.

It is true that Oasis and Allure among others were not changing time.

This varies by ship.

RCCL ship time is always the time zone of the port you leave from if from the USA.

Not True, they often don't change, but sometimes they do, I was on Vision in September and they changed. Also imagine a TA from Florida to Europe, if clocks didn't change, by the time you arrived in Europe, you would be 5 or 6 hours different from the ports.

Edited by uksimonusa

RCCL ship time is always the time zone of the port you leave from if from the USA.

I can also confirm this is NOT true. We sailed on the Navigator in October and the clocks were changed back one hour (I think on Mon or Tues) and then changed again forward a few days later (I think on Thur or Fri). This unexpected ship time change actually ruined our plans with a 3rd party tour company in Belize, so I completely understand the OP's question! In fact, I had been planning to ask the same question about the Vision for my upcoming cruise in January.

It does matter when we are planing group activitys at ports that have different times than the ships time

There is NO way to know if your particular sailing will change time or not. As far as I have read it's up to the captain and it can change each sailing.

The best you can do is to choose good excursion companies who keep track of the ships and know what to do with cruisers.

It does matter when we are planing group activitys at ports that have different times than the ships time

Hi,

I have seen some of your other posts so I think that you and your group will be on the same sailing as ours (dec 6th) ......

there are reports from the sailing a week ago that Vision changed time to local time and changed it back on the return to Tampa.

As others have posted, there is no way to know for sure what will be on our sailing ..... but we have the same Captain on our sailing as the previous sailing ..... so chances are good that Captain Liz will continue with the time change.

On cruises like ours the time change is done for our convienience .... but it is a hardship for the crew ..... every week they have to change their schedules for work as well as sleep.

I do not like the time change twice a year for the daylight savings ..... for sure I would not like if if it was done twice every week.

When you plan and book any activities/tours on your own ..... you are taken some risk of not knowing for sure when the ship will arrive and what time it will observe. You have to depend on your tour operators to keep track of your ship.

See you on the ship in about a week.

Edited by wieslaw

I just was on the Vision Nov 22 - 29 and the time did change. They set the clocks to match the local times.

I was on the Oasis and Allure a while back and neither of them changed the ships clock to match the local time zones.

So in short- we have had it both ways in some of the same ports.

The ship changed time back on the way to Grand Cayman.

That said- we booked a private excursion in Costa Maya- because you will ask- The Native Choice- The Mayan Experience, This tour includes Round trip transportation in air conditioned vehicles, travel insurance, native English speaking guide, entrance fees, guided tour at Chacchoben Mayan Ruins, bottled water. It also includes a visit to Chacchoben Village, interaction with a local Mayan family at their home and a Mayan lunch.

We did this with our kids- 12 and 10 years old. It takes about an hour to get to the site by small bus- like 13 people. Sprinter van size. The tour company is a coop and our guide lived at the site prior to it being taken over by the government. It was his home, quite a story. The local meal was excellent and they had us back to the ship about an hour prior to departing. All of that said- they track the arrival times and can adjust your tour time accordingly. This tour is not offered through RCI but it was an option on another ship that was docked.

One more thing. We booked the 12 meter sail boats directly because our daughter (10) was too young to book through the ship. (Cozumel). They will make exceptions if you contact them directly.