Holiday Inn Express - 17th Street (Ft. Lauderdale)

elycelynne

We stayed there. It is fine for overnight before your cruise. There are a number of restaurants and stores for last minute pick ups within walking distance. They offer a shuttle to the port for a small charge.

Yes, this is not a fancy hotel, but still a very nice one. Stayed there one night pre-cruise and the hotel was booked solid.

Rooms are nice, medium sized and ours was very clean. The management and front desk employees of this property are some of the nicest and hard-working I have come across in a long time. There is no pool, but there is a nice little work-out room and the hot breakfast was great (go very early).

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Location is very good. Only thing I didnt like about it was that my window view was a concrete wall of another building, which was about 6 ft away. It felt like I was in a room with no window. So if I stayed here again, I would request a room that doesnt face that wall. And yes, breakfast was good, but as someone else said, get there early, the room is small. There is a shuttle to the cruiseport, but for or more people you can take a taxi for close to the same price.

Have stayed at the HIEx 17th st. several times and will continue. We like the location- within walking distance (on the same side of the boulevard) of shops and restaurants.

It is just down from the Embassy Suites where we like to have lunch on the patio.

Just booked this hotel for a late March cruise on Equinox. Was able one night for $116.00 + tax thru Orbitz. Not sure how long that will last. Charlie

Thanks to everyone for the advice on the Holiday Inn. And thanks Charlie - just booked it - we're also on the Equinox, leaving on 3/27/15 - you too? I'm just getting ready to sign up for its Roll Call.

Nancy

• 4 months later...
Has anyone left their car there while they were on a cruise?

Hi:) I am not sure this hotel offers "long term parking". I would suggest

calling the hotel directly about it so you receive a first hand answer.

Has anyone left their car there while they were on a cruise?

You need to call the hotel directly as Lois suggests. Ask for a cruise parking package. Not just parking. Hotels will say yes to free parking but they assume you are asking for parking while a guest. Once you leave for the cruise, they can and often will charge you a daily rate. So make it clear what you are asking. That is for all hotels.

You need to call the hotel directly as Lois suggests. Ask for a cruise parking package. Not just parking. Hotels will say yes to free parking but they assume you are asking for parking while a guest. Once you leave for the cruise, they can and often will charge you a daily rate. So make it clear what you are asking. That is for all hotels.

I have the parking rate to leave my car there while on the cruise. I am looking to see if anyone had any problems with their vehicle when they returned, such as vandalisim.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app