more attacks in europe now what? cancel our europe cruise

belli2006

Who are the beards that make you uneasy?

You know very well who they mean - as a regular tube commuter, I keep half an eye on them and, trust me, they start acting suspiciously, me and half the carriage are on them.

Odds are more likely you will be struck by lightning whilst on the tube, than a 'splodeydope' doing another 7/7.:rolleyes:

Edited by SteveH2508

I am in London a lot but I do feel uneasy when the beards get on the underground with backpacks.

Who are the beards that make you uneasy?

Sentinal - I asked myself the same question, especially since my 65 year old DH has a beard (which he has had for the 44 years I've known him) and always carries a backpack :D. I hope he isn't scaring folks on the underground!

I'm actually shocked that this European based individual who wrote the quoted article was shocked tha Brussels was attacked. In November just after the Paris attack Brussels was basically shut down for a couple of days. I knew that and I live in Canada.

Edited by Karysa

I still don't get the prejudice against 'beards'.

Quote from the above article - which is much closer to the truth.

THIS has made it a terrible time to be a dark-skinned European man in his 20s. Discrimination was a problem before terrorism. Now the bad deeds of a few people have made life worse for millions.

I'm actually shocked that this European based individual who wrote the quoted article was shocked tha Brussels was attacked. In November just after the Paris attack Brussels was basically shut down for a couple of days. I knew that and I live in Canada.

There was also an attack on. Jewish museum in Belgium about a year ago. 4 people killed by Kalashnikov carriers.

I am in London a lot but I do feel uneasy when the beards get on the underground with backpacks. I holiday in France too but seeing Police in So much gear they can hardly walk around Nice flower market doesn't fill me with confidence.

Would have been nice spending this weekend in Brussels. Not a great place at the best of time. Full of beggars.

Greece is relatively safe, as long as you don't mind loads of migrants wandering around with their hand out.

You know, there are ways of saying things that are not insulting (and borderline racist) about people who happen to be different -- and less advantaged -- than you.

Edited by cruisemom42

You know, there are ways of saying things that are not insulting (and borderline racist) about people who happen to be different -- and less advantaged -- than you.

Hear, hear... Travel is supposed to broaden your horizons and make you more tolerant, I guess this isn't always true :(

I wondered when the racist card was going to be played:rolleyes:

Read plenty on these threads complaining about beach sellers in the Carribean.

Perhaps America should help out and take the same as Germany has.

Edited by moniquet