Future cruise bookings onboard

two_n_six

I am sailing next month on the Equinox and I've been looking at a middle east cruise with Royal Caribbean in January. It is a 7 night cruise out of Dubai with no onboard perks on the UK website or with UK TA's.

Firstly would a RCCL cruise be offered at future cruises and secondly if so do they attract any onboard booking benefits.

What extra perks?
The benefits of booking on board are putting down a smaller deposit and receiving some additional onboard credit, plus whatever perks are being offered at that time for the category you are booking.

Often you have the choice of spending that additional onboard credit on either the current cruise or the future cruise.

If you later decide to transfer the reservation to another cruise, you get to keep the extra onboard credit for booking onboard,

but the other perks may change to whatever perks are being offered at that time.

If you book a future cruise on Royal while you are on a Celebrity ship you will recieve the perks offered by Royal for an on-board booking, not the perks for booking a Celebrity cruise.

You may want to post on the Royal forum to see what is currently being offered for an on-board booking.

The post above is correct. You will receive the perks offered for RCCL cruises which are generally not as interesting as the Celebrity offers.

We once booked a RCCL cruise on board Silhouette. If I remember correctly the only advantage was a small balcony discount - nothing else. But that was some time ago...

The benefits of booking on board are putting down a smaller deposit and receiving some additional onboard credit, plus whatever perks are being offered at that time for the category you are booking.

Often you have the choice of spending that additional onboard credit on either the current cruise or the future cruise.

If you later decide to transfer the reservation to another cruise, you get to keep the extra onboard credit for booking onboard,

but the other perks may change to whatever perks are being offered at that time.

Some of the above will not be correct if the OP intends to book for a UK reservation onboard. Many times there is no smaller deposit option - it's the full £150pp non refundable deposit.

OP, I'd definitely check pricing and perks prior to boarding as some X future cruise reps are not so familiar with Royal bookings ;). Ask on the Royal board what you're likely to obtain from an onboard reservation (remember to quote in the post that it would be a UK booking, as this can make a difference), from others currently booking onboard and remember to have your balcony discount applied if you have the appropriate C&A status ;).

A visit to the future cruise office can be well worth it while on board. The extra OBC and reduced deposit can be nice. In addition, particularly if you are booking cruises that have just been announced, you can get some nice deals. I booked in 2015 for a 2017 cruise and the prices for the room I booked are now $400 to $800 more than I paid with similar perks. Only downside was the long delay before the cruise.:(

They no longer let you use your onboard credit on the current cruise. Too many people taking advantage and gaming the system... booking suites for future cruise for the higher obc to apply to the cruise they were on and then dropping to lower room after the fact.

Edited by jandlbudde
quote is messed up

They no longer let you use your onboard credit on the current cruise. Too many people taking advantage and gaming the system... booking suites for future cruise for the higher obc to apply to the cruise they were on and then dropping to lower room after the fact.

I have only ever booked 2 cruises on board and not knowing the rules decided to keep the OBC to use on those cruises, which I'm glad I did anyway.

I had a similar experience except the other way round with a future booking with balcony, the deal was $200 OBC for my 13 night cruise which would have been $250 for a 14 night cruise. I cancelled the original 13 night cruise and transferred my booking to a 15 night cruise and Celebrity UK wouldn't adjust the OBC up to $250. The new booking was about £1200 per person dearer, not that I'm complaining I just thought it would adjust as per the original offered perk.

Some of the above will not be correct if the OP intends to book for a UK reservation onboard. Many times there is no smaller deposit option - it's the full £150pp non refundable deposit.

OP, I'd definitely check pricing and perks prior to boarding as some X future cruise reps are not so familiar with Royal bookings ;). Ask on the Royal board what you're likely to obtain from an onboard reservation (remember to quote in the post that it would be a UK booking, as this can make a difference), from others currently booking onboard and remember to have your balcony discount applied if you have the appropriate C&A status ;).

I called C&A and did ask about a balcony discount but was told that it is only onboard perks that transfer from Elite to Diamond. They said that I would need to sail on RCI and accrue my points that way for a balcony discount.

I tried asking the question on the RCI boards but I just got the answer that it would be the same perks as booking on RCI.

Not long till I find out for real:D and will have my UK agent on speed dial at our 1st port of call:D

Hi,

We will be on the Reflection for a translantic. If I book a future translantic while on board do we get the perks? Or it applies only to non translantic cruise?

Is the $100 deposit refundable if you cancel your cruise?

I have the feeling the answer is no to both, but am not sure.:confused:

Hi,

We will be on the Reflection for a translantic. If I book a future translantic while on board do we get the perks? Or it applies only to non translantic cruise?

Is the $100 deposit refundable if you cancel your cruise?

I have the feeling the answer is no to both, but am not sure.:confused:

The answer to both is Yes, but the perks change from TA cruise to cruise. Two years ago we booked a TSA and only offered $100 OBC plus $200 deposit. The following year we were offered $200 + free gratuities with only $200 deposit. Who knows what they will offer this November.

Either one, if we cancelled, we would have gotten the $200 back.

The answer to both is Yes, but the perks change from TA cruise to cruise. Two years ago we booked a TSA and only offered $100 OBC plus $200 deposit. The following year we were offered $200 + free gratuities with only $200 deposit. Who knows what they will offer this November.

Either one, if we cancelled, we would have gotten the $200 back.

Thanks you are such a good source of info. I knew I would get an answer here faster than calling Celebrity.