Which Hotel In Rome?

Nightwish

Hello

I will be staying in Rome pre-cruise for 4 nights end of September beginning of October 2015. Has anyone any thoughts about the following hotels:

Albergo Cesari

Hotel ****onale A Montecitorio

Residenza In Farnese

Thank You:confused:

Edited by Nightwish

Hello

I will be staying in Rome pre-cruise for 4 nights end of September beginning of October 2015. Has anyone any thoughts about the following hotels:

Albergo Cesari

Residenza In Farnese

You may want to check these out on Trip Advisor.....

I too would check out TripAdvisor and I say this because very few people have stayed at each one and can compare and contrast for you.

Just as Cruise Critic is an excellent source for cruising I find Trip Advisor to be an excellent source for Hotel selection.

Keith

We like Hotel Pomezia or Hotel Smeraldo near Campo Fiori and Piazza Farnesse.

Book direct via Hotel websites to avoid paying middleman commissions .

Edited by kuldalai

I've stayed at Albergo Cesari and it was a good experience but it's been about 5-6 years. However, recent reviews suggest it is still a great option and the location is terrifice -- about midway between Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon in an area with lots of restaurants, shops, and things to see.

Hello

Thanks for the replies. I have checked the reviews on Tripadvisor it was the first thing I did. I have also read reviews on other websites. I don't travel for quite a while, I'm sure to make a choice by then.

Regards :)

Hello

Thanks for the replies. I have checked the reviews on Tripadvisor it was the first thing I did. I have also read reviews on other websites. I don't travel for quite a while, I'm sure to make a choice by then.

Regards :)

I've not stayed there, but I have walked by several times, and the location of Albergo Cesari is outstanding--I would definitely concentrate on that area.

• 2 weeks later...
I have stayed at the Cesari and found it very good. Even better is the Senato a couple of blocks away next to the Pantheon.

We are booked at the Cesari for our trip next May but may switch to the Smeraldo. The Smeraldo is 130 Euros less expensive for the three nights. The Cesari seems to have better reviews. We can walk to most places from both hotels.

I stayed at Relais Teatro Argentina, it is small B&B, but it has good location, and you can walk to many attraction like Panthon. You get discount with advance and cash payment, Good review from tripadvisor, it worths to check it out. I book directly on line with the company.

I stayed at Relais Teatro Argentina, it is small B&B, but it has good location, and you can walk to many attraction like Panthon. You get discount with advance and cash payment, Good review from tripadvisor, it worths to check it out. I book directly on line with the company.

The Relais Teatro Argentina is a nice hotel and we will consider it. Thank you for the information.

Hello

T

hank you for all the replies. After a lot of research I have decided on the Albergo Cesari.

Regards

What made you pick the Albergo Cesari? We currently have it picked also because of the breakfast terrace and location.

The Relais Teatro Argentina is a nice hotel and we will consider it. Thank you for the information.

We also stayed there and we really enjoyed it; however we have been to Rome multiple times and we don't require a lot of handholding. It is a!small, six room B&B actually on the third floor of what appears to be an apartment building. There is no lift, although we did have help carrying our bags both up and down stairs. The owner is only there for a couple of hours a day and after that you are pretty much on your own. It is definitely not a full service hotel. It was perfect for us, the rooms are spacious for Rome and the bathroom was lovely and the location can't be beat. But it is certainly not a conventional hotel in any sense of the word.

Hello

T

hank you for all the replies. After a lot of research I have decided on the Albergo Cesari.

Regards

We're just booked there for a 4 night stay in May as a result of a friend's recommendation. Glad to see that people on here are pleased too. :)

Hello

Albergo Cesari

Residenza In Farnese

We stayed in Termini area, which was really convenient to commute by bus or underground. There's an easy airport shuttle to Termini. Will definitely stay in that region again due to convenience & hotels are cheaper.

We stayed in Termini area, which was really convenient to commute by bus or underground. There's an easy airport shuttle to Termini. Will definitely stay in that region again due to convenience & hotels are cheaper.

Well, you get what you pay for. The hotels may be a bit cheaper, but you are far away from the center of the action in a less desirable part of town.

I am a huge bargain shopper, but there's a difference between price and value. After having stayed in the Centro Storico, I would not stay anyplace else. I honestly don't see the attraction of staying by the train station. Would you go to Los Angeles and stay by the train station? Absolutely not. The station is just a an inexpensive cab ride away from any hotel you might want to be in so there's really no benefit to staying there and having to trudge across town to get to all the sites. Not to mention that the restaurants are much better, the nightlife is much more active, and the streets feel far safer when you're in the central part of town.

If I was coming into town for one night and taking the train out the next morning, I might think that a hotel near termini was the right spot, but that would be the only reason to stay there in my opinion.

I can recommend Hotel Barocco, we've stayed there twice and I would go back in a heartbeat :)

Totally agree with you. Love,love, love the Barocco. In this hotel, service, cleanliness, breakfast, location cannot be beat. This is not the cheapest hotel but you really get what you pay for.

My favorite hotel of all after over 35 years traveling in Europe! And I am about as picky about hotels as you can get.:D

Edited by ptrpanpens

I can recommend Hotel Barocco, we've stayed there twice and I would go back in a heartbeat :)

We will be staying at Hotel Barocco in November for 2 days before our cruise. I am so glad to read your post. It is a little scary booking a hotel in an area you don't have a clue where you are. Any info you can give me about things to do in the area?

We will be staying at Hotel Barocco in November for 2 days before our cruise. I am so glad to read your post. It is a little scary booking a hotel in an area you don't have a clue where you are. Any info you can give me about things to do in the area?

You will love the Barocco. Say Hi to Christiano and Fabio, they are the best. I dont know what size room you booked but be aware that it is not a typical large US hotel with gym, huge lobby, etc. There is a very nice bar and the breakfast is the best you will ever have in Europe. they make bacon and eggs to order, frittas, omlets, plus everything else you can think of. I was never hungry until dinner.

Another nice thing is that they will often upgrade you if they have room. Without a doubt the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in with fantastic beds and totally refurbished. You can walk everywhere, plus the metro is right there at Piazza Barberini if you want to get to the Vatican fast. Right around the corner, you can walk up Via Veneto to the Borghese Gallery and Gardens. There are all sorts of outside cafes on that street...very atmospheric. Plus five minutes to Trevi, Pantheon, Spanish Steps. It is on a little side street so the location is quiet.

Osteria Barberini is a great restaurant just up the street a few steps.

You have nothing to worry about with this hotel, it does not get its extremely high rating for nothing. This is my favorite hotel after traveling over 35 years in Europe.:D