Muster Drill and changing stations to stay with family?

I tried to search, no answer; Muster Drill and changing stations? Can U do it?

It won't be till 2016 that I am sailing but I am wondering can I call RC and talk to someone to see if I can change my Muster station; since I have put my Mother in a awesome hump cabin, and I have snagged awesome aft balcony on Brilliance. Can I call and see since I am a single to get them to change me over there assigned station?

If something happens my Mom would be heartbroken if I couldn't be with them! I just think going through the drill will not be easy for Mom to handle!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I tried to search, no answer; Muster Drill and changing stations? Can U do it?

It won't be till 2016 that I am sailing but I am wondering can I call RC and talk to someone to see if I can change my Muster station; since I have put my Mother in a awesome hump cabin, and I have snagged awesome aft balcony on Brilliance. Can I call and see since I am a single to get them to change me over there assigned station?

If something happens my Mom would be heartbroken if I couldn't be with them! I just think going through the drill will not be easy for Mom to handle!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Muster Station assignment is solely based on cabin assignment based on a master plan that the ship has in place and overseen by the USCG and similar national authorities. I seriously doubt that anyone in RCI will provide a waiver for that.

I suggest that there is time to get you in the same cabin or next door if there is a concern.

When we cruised on the Freedom in 2013, our 11 year old was in a different cabin (with my sister) and was assigned a different muster station than ours. They were able to change her to our muster station and issued her a new bracelet in the kids club. They probably allowed it because of her age.

Muster stations are permanently assigned to the cabin that you are in and cannot be changed.

Thank for that info!

Muster Station assignment is solely based on cabin assignment based on a master plan that the ship has in place and overseen by the USCG and similar national authorities. I seriously doubt that anyone in RCI will provide a waiver for that.

I suggest that there is time to get you in the same cabin or next door if there is a concern.

I don't want to give up the best Aft, but I wanted to know what might work!

Thank you everyone and I encourage imput! I bet with planning might come result!

If your mother has any disability or issues, is elderly and needs assistance, you will be able to accompany her during the drill at an area for those needing assistance. Just ask at Guest Services when you are on board and you can stay together during the drill. The staff will, at that time, note any special needs if there is a true emergency. Don't worry... you are not the first person with this issue, and honestly, shoreside will have no idea how to handle this. They are well equipped on board to handle these situations. Enjoy!

If your mother has any disability or issues, is elderly and needs assistance, you will be able to accompany her during the drill at an area for those needing assistance. Just ask at Guest Services when you are on board and you can stay together during the drill. The staff will, at that time, note any special needs if there is a true emergency. Don't worry... you are not the first person with this issue, and honestly, shoreside will have no idea how to handle this. They are well equipped on board to handle these situations. Enjoy!

Linda

I really liked your quote! Thank you so much for the awesome info. Yes both Mom and her husband fit the description and need.

Happy cruising all!

Karen... also... use the wheel chair service for boarding. My mom could walk... but by the time she got up the gang way the people behind her were always upset it took her so long. And... she'd have to lay down just to have energy for the rest of the evening. I tried for a few cruises to get her to use a wheel chair and finally on one cruise just decided enough was enough. I notified special needs prior to getting to the port... but once at the port just asked a porter for a chair. They were so nice to mom and check in was a breeze. She walked through security but after that a ship employee pushed her and stayed with us until we got to the ship and they even took her to wherever she wanted on the ship. We always tip the helper and getting on the ship is a breeze. We used wheel chairs for debarkation also. The ramps can be so very steep and this service is so helpful for anyone with walking difficulties. And if your mom and her husband each need a chair... no problem... just ask. The whole group will check in together in the handicapped line and you'll be on the ship in no time.

Edited by LindaO

Linda thank you for taking the time and walking me through this. I was thinking that wheel chairs will make it much easier for both of them. I couldn't remember how steep Brilliance ramps were. Vision was a real climb and hot that September day.

I was figuring that I could take Mom's sea pass card and go to guest services and get muster needs done. Have them sitting near listening to the music in the centrum.

Edited by Justmekaren918

Karen... also... use the wheel chair service for boarding. My mom could walk... but by the time she got up the gang way the people behind her were always upset it took her so long. And... she'd have to lay down just to have energy for the rest of the evening. I tried for a few cruises to get her to use a wheel chair and finally on one cruise just decided enough was enough. I notified special needs prior to getting to the port... but once at the port just asked a porter for a chair. They were so nice to mom and check in was a breeze.

Linda again thank you for all the info.