San Juan Food Tour

juliestevev

We didn't take that excursion as were in San Juan now pre-cruise. But yesterday we took the Taste of San Juan food tour Nd it was terrific. Best money we ever spent. Great food and good commentary from tour guide.

Just to clarify, we took this tour through "A Taste of San Juan". And not through one of the cruise lines. It was wonderful. Our guide was Carmen and she was the perfect blend of professional and friendly. We went to six restaurants and had pretty large portions of everything from Puerto Rican coffee and sandwiches to chocolates. We even had the chance to make and then eat our own Mofongo. The tours are given at 10AM and 3PM and last about three hours. We took the 3PM tour figuring it would fill in for dinner and it did. We were full after the tour. Carmen gave us plenty of commentary on sites, customs, and history of Puerto Rico along the way. We will absolutely take this tour again the next time we're in San Juan.

espmass,

I cannot find a tour company called "A Taste of San Juan". Is that the name of the company or the tour itself?

Could the company have been "Flavors of San Juan"? There are several foodie tour companies, but this name comes the closest.

Thanks for your help,

We took the flavor of San juan food tour and absolutely loved it! But we did it b4 cruise. Great tour guide was wonderful. The one thing we learnt from the tour is that deep fried foods are the tradition. We would love to do it again but our traveling friends have a gluten allergy. I highly doubt that he would have anything to pick from in some establishments. The history you learn on the journey is why we do food tours everywhere it is available!!!

• 2 months later...
We're interested in doing the Flavors of San Juan in December. Where does it meet in Old San Juan?

Jaci

once you sign up they will give you a meeting spot and directions. I am sure it changes with what restaurants you go to.

My DB and I are taking a cruise in September. We will only be in port from 7-2. This will be the first time either of us have been to Puerto Rico ... Is this a good tour for first timers?? Will there be any conflict getting back to the boat if we take a 10am tour?? Also, are there photo ops of island while on tour??

• 1 month later...