Front-of-the-ship cabins

It depends upon whether or not you or any other of the cabin occupants get seasick. My wife is subject ot it and so we prefer midship cabins that are more stable. as I understand it front cabins feel the most motion, rear of the ship is second and center is least.

I have not been in a front cabin on RCCL but did have one on the NCL Pride of America. While it was cool having a balcony right below the bridge it was very inconvenient as far as location to everything else. We did alot of walking going from the extreme front to the middle/stern where most of the public areas are.

As far as motion goes, i recall that we felt the movement more than normal. It wasnt a big deal but it was definitely there.

WOW! What lightning fast responses! Thank you all so much for your thoughts. I read posts on here all the time but I still don't know which decks are better, etc. I don't want to be too close to an elevator because of the traffic & noise. Also I read about someone having a cabin under the swimming pool or close to a nightclub & it was very noisy, so I worry about that. Maybe too much information is a bad thing?

We have had cabins all over the ship and really enjoyed the forward facing cabins. It was nice to get up in the morning and be able to open the curtains and see basically the same thing the Captain was seeing as he brought the ship in. The only "issue" we had was there was more slightly more vibration when they docked because we were right above the bow thrusters, but it wasn't a big deal. We were on a forward facing cabin on deck 6 and really enjoyed it.

We had one on Explorer and LOVED it. The only motion we felt was the first night. Otherwise, it was wonderful. We loved the view we had, being able to see directly out front and partially to the side. Yes, it's a long walk to anywhere, but whatever. *shrug* Do you have to be somewhere in a hurry? ;)

The bridge requests you keep the curtains closed at night. They need to have darkness and light from the front-facing cabins interferes with the bridge.

Here are a few pics; click to enlarge.

2399753890090485240MecANH_th.jpg

2447277460090485240CZwwJD_th.jpg

We like cabins that are all the way to the front or all the way to the back. There is almost no people traffic at those spots so you do not have to worry about noises in the hallway. We also like the walk to the stairs (not the elevators) so that we get some exercise.

We like cabins that are all the way to the front or all the way to the back. There is almost no people traffic at those spots so you do not have to worry about noises in the hallway. We also like the walk to the stairs (not the elevators) so that we get some exercise.

I would say the same. We had a balcony, 8522.

We just got off EOS, cabin 8516, foremost portside cabin, and while we felt some vibration up there, it was no more than we felt anywhere else on the ship. Same for the motion; we had calm seas the whole trip, but what motion we felt was no worse IMO up there than anywhere else we were on board.

Now, we just booked our next cruise, on FOS, and went for a midship promenade cabin (man, I'm gonna miss that balcony, lemme tell ya), but my opinion re:EOS was that all the way forward was great for not only the already-mentioned reasons (you get to walk off your dinner and there's less hallway traffic), but also it's also right above the theatre and the promenade cafe, which is how we ended our days mostly: a show, a snack, then right upstairs up to bed. I don't really think it matters much where your room is, you're gonna be walking.

HTH,

Dave

I've been 3rd room to the front. It's okay, but it has no special attibutes to recommend it; thus, it gets little board time here.

True aft cabins (backward facing) are great because you get the extra-large balconies for the same price as a small side balcony.

Near-aft cabins (side cabins towards the back of the ship) are good because it's a straight shot up the stairs/elevator to the buffet and pools. Less walking.

Mid-ship is good because you're near the elevators and are generally near everything -- less walking.

Forward doesn't share any of these positives, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Just that it's average, ordinary.

Archived