Aug 3 Sorrento instead of Capri

rages100

Just noticed that our itinerary has changed. It seems that Azamara still hasn't sorted out its problems regarding Capri.

This happened to us last year as well but as we were scheduled to be overnight in Capri this year we thought the problem had been resolved. My son is going to be gutted as it was the highlight for him especially as it was an overnighter. I can't imagine we will be able to get back to the ship in Sorrento after a night out on Capri.

Bonnie - Why do they keep putting Capri on the itinerary when they know it will not happen?

I haven't checked our itinerary yet to see if it's changed but I've been working on a private tour for Capri.

This is NOT the fault of ACC....it's Capri. :mad: I honestly believe ACC's hands are tied. The last time we were there, ACC was not allowed to use their tender boats....we had to use the private boats in Capri, all motored by locals....and they are not the kindest, or most patient people when it comes to people getting on and off their boats. I know it was quite difficult for some of the pax to get into those boats Capri uses for the tenders. There were a couple of pax with some minor injuries because of the impatience of the locals. If this port is being changed, I'm thinking ACC is doing it in the best interest of the pax on board.

We did hear some rumblings about why Capri refuses to allow ACC to use their own tenders but I'll not repeat them.

And yes, you can easily catch a ferry, or possibly ACC will set up some boat transportation...of course there will be a charge since fuel is expensive in Europe.

Edited by midwestchick

the tenders do not match the docks due to size of both. .their boats are not safe for our tender station. much safer to take ferry.. yet Azamara still put Capri on their port list..

i skipped it last year but could of gone easily.

Didn't you get a notification your port had changed or you found it entirely on your own? I just checked our 2 sailings and we are still on for Capri. It would be nice if we were told far enough in advance so we could make other arrangements.

I've been working on a private tour for Sept. 29 and don't want to put down a deposit and then lose it.

Bonnie...can you find out if ACC is going to cancel more of the Capri ports on other cruises?

The Azamara website seems to be showing Sorrento for the August & September stops.

The August 3rd still mentions an overnight stay in Capri in the description but the itinerary shows Sorrento.

Our e docs say Capri but the itinerary on the online check in is Sorrento. We went by ferry last year and it wasn't a problem, we got the cost of the tickets refunded. This year is a bit more complicated as we are not due to arrive until 11 and leave the following morning at 5. The last ferry back is 6.30 which only leaves a half day on Capri.

I know it isn't Azamara's fault but it is a shame that we spent two days in Sorrento last year and are back there this year for the same reason.

Just checked my Oct 2 itinerary and Capri has been eliminated, so an overnight in Sorrento for us instead. Some on my cruise booked under the "free shore excursion in every port" promotion, so I wonder what will be done for them. Do you think it's too late for Azamara to put to together some excursion options for our new free time in Sorrento? We don't arrive until 10:00 am. That was enough time for Capri when we were to be in port, but adding in ferry times and schedules sounds less appealing.

Midwestchick, I just checked both these itineraries on the Azamara website. Both show Sorrento as an overnight. No mention of Capri.

Very strange...I checked both of my itineraries on the website and it's still showing Capri...yes, I also see the overnight in Sorrento, which were there to begin with. You don't see Capri for Sept. 26 and 29? One day is 10:00 to 5:00 and the other 10:00 to 6:00. There was never an overnight scheduled for our cruises.

Not sure why we're getting different results, Midwestchick, but I still don't see Capri listed. I spoke with Azamara today, who confirmed that Capri has been dropped from our itinerary for the above-mentioned reasons. They are revising the shore excursions and should have details by next week.

Not sure why we're getting different results, Midwestchick, but I still don't see Capri listed. I spoke with Azamara today, who confirmed that Capri has been dropped from our itinerary for the above-mentioned reasons. They are revising the shore excursions and should have details by next week.

I'm going to check with my TA...I can't call ACC, since I did not book with them. It is strange that we are seeing different results...I'm going directly to their website and checking the full itinerary for both cruises.

Although, I could call shore excursions tomorrow. I wonder what they will do about the excursions that were booked with the 25% discount if they have to change them and offer something else.

As far as i know this will never be fixed unless Capri gets a new dock or tenders.. it is on for 2015.. Just ferry over.

So Capri is getting a new dock in 2015? It is a port on our September 2015 itinerary but so is Sorrento...I certainly wouldn't mind an overnight in Sorrento, though.

So Capri is getting a new dock in 2015? It is a port on our September 2015 itinerary but so is Sorrento...I certainly wouldn't mind an overnight in Sorrento, though.

MareS-so sorry for the :confused: :eek: i should say it is listed in both the 2015 and 2016 books.. never been taken off. not sure why hy put in ports we can nto get too.

Also the 2016 books have ports for Black Sea that in 2014 we are not going too. shows how far ahead things are publish.

I am sooooooo embarssed. All this time, I've been posting that I'm still seeing Capri on my itinerary, when it's actuality it's Amalfi....DUH! :o :rolleyes:

After I phoned ACC and talked to someone regarding my excursions and asking them about Capri, they said it was not canceled...well, of course it's not canceled. We're not tendering in Capri but Amalfi instead. :o

The ACC person said it's actually only the Quest that is canceled for Capri.

So much for watching movies and posting at the same time. :rolleyes:

Edited by midwestchick

MareS-so sorry for the :confused: :eek: i should say it is listed in both the 2015 and 2016 books.. never been taken off. not sure why hy put in ports we can nto get too.

Also the 2016 books have ports for Black Sea that in 2014 we are not going too. shows how far ahead things are publish.

Robin...my confusion. Azamara has more than a year to modify the itinerary...let's hope they do so well ahead of time. We will be doing private tours or on our own in most ports so it would be nice to know the final itinerary as soon as possible.

Mare

Robin...my confusion. Azamara has more than a year to modify the itinerary...let's hope they do so well ahead of time. We will be doing private tours or on our own in most ports so it would be nice to know the final itinerary as soon as possible.

Mare

In my mind we will never dock at Capri- i was told flat out they need to build a new dock..

I know we are not tendering here due to our tender heights vs the dock height. .not sure how new build ships deal with this problem.

As far as future itinerary's in Europe or anywhere they need to drop ports at least 6 months out due to private tours.

During our recent calls at the island of Capri, Italy, we experienced challenges with heavy swells, causing the mandatory local tender service to be unpredictable and uncomfortable to our guests. Azamara Club Cruises has therefore decided to replace Capri, Italy as a port of call with Sorrento, Italy for the below listed voyages to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests.

Sorrento has continuous ferry service to Capri, and the ship's Land Discovery team will run shore excursions to Capri from Sorrento.

Azamara Quest, July 12, 2014 voyage: Sorrento July 19

Azamara Quest, August 3, 2014 voyage: Sorrento Aug 8/9

Azamara Quest, October 2, 2014 voyage: Sorrento Oct 10

During our recent calls at the island of Capri, Italy, we experienced challenges with heavy swells, causing the mandatory local tender service to be unpredictable and uncomfortable to our guests. Azamara Club Cruises has therefore decided to replace Capri, Italy as a port of call with Sorrento, Italy for the below listed voyages to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests.

Sorrento has continuous ferry service to Capri, and the ship's Land Discovery team will run shore excursions to Capri from Sorrento.

Azamara Quest, July 12, 2014 voyage: Sorrento July 19

Azamara Quest, August 3, 2014 voyage: Sorrento Aug 8/9

Azamara Quest, October 2, 2014 voyage: Sorrento Oct 10

Bonnie, since our itinerary already includes Sorrento, are we perhaps looking at an overnight?