Quantum, Cape Liberty update

Thanks to all for your postings! We have been watching the progress from the webcam and find it exciting! Just wanted to know what to expect of the finish product!

Lloyd posted the correct new renderings. The aerial version posted by hitaway4 is no longer the plan. There have been significant revisions.

Here is the current webcam, showing the terminal progress. It looks very different than the earlier version:

http://oxblue.com/open/FitzpatrickNJ/CapeLiberty

Eric

Edited by DPNBP

Bayonne needs to take a lesson from the construction of the new terminal at Port Canaveral.

http://webcampub.multivista.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=aPublicWebcam.embed&WebcamPublicEmbedUID=873D8514-F022-46B4-94F1-2FDB6070F759&width=&height

Both need to open at the same time…. one is very behind.

If I'm not mistaken port canaveral is just an expansion project, where cape liberty is a complete new build. I would expect port canaveral to be done first and ready

If I'm not mistaken port canaveral is just an expansion project, where cape liberty is a complete new build. I would expect port canaveral to be done first and ready

Port Canaveral's new terminal is a completely new structure in an area that used to have a pier for cargo use but no passenger facilities or even old warehouse. The entire site is brand new along with I believe the majority (if not all) of the actual pier area. They started construction in January though, I don't think Cape Liberty started until closer to summer.

Okay. Those have been there for weeks. I thought it was something different.

Look to far right under the structure that has been there for weeks. There is one of the bridges that will extend out to the ship on the ground. They have also been working on the mounts for the 2 connecting bridges.

FYI. For anyone using the webcam. If you zoom in the image will update to a higher def. Then you can zoom back out and the image will be much clearer.

Edited by fred30

Thanks.

When viewing the webcam, am I correct in thinking that there is no multilevel parking lot under construction (as rendered in the original design)?

There will be a garage according to the last info we have. It won't be ready for November. The terminal is what was promised to be ready. The garage wasn't. It is going between the new terminal and the current used parking area. If you zoom you can see the area. Right now most of the dirt mounds are gone, but the long trailers are still there.

That is the Port Canaveral Webcam, showing RCI's terminal there.

The garage at Port Liberty has not been started yet.

The observation that here is a door and stairs at the end of the passenger loading platform is a good one. That will be an emergency exit and staff/security access. There will most likely be an escalator, stairs and an elevator to the loading level within the building. No one is going to have to go outside to board the ship. There is another set of stairs being worked on at the extreme right side of the webcam view. That is another emergency and staff access staircase.

Eric

Edited by Pomperaugrr

Are those the stairs to get to the ship?

stairs_zps2dc561d9.jpg

I was thinking it's the "I changed my mind I don't wanna go" escape door.

But who would do that? ?👀

The point of no return. LOL

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hello all, thanks for a great site and forums!

First of all, I know I'm "a bit early" with my question, but guess I'm already just so excited!

Ok, so I'm doing a transatlantic with my fiance on Quantum of the Seas next spring and was thinking of taking a car service (Dial7 etc.) to Cape Liberty from Wall Street area where we are staying the night before. The departure is 5 pm on a Saturday, and from what I've understood, you have to be all set onboard 90 minuted before. I hate nothing more than being in a hurry and worrying whether I'll make it or not, so I want to be safe.

So what kind of schedule would you recommend? I was thinking of ordering a car to hotel around 1 - 1.30PM. The median driving time should be around 30 minutes, right?

Hello all, thanks for a great site and forums!

First of all, I know I'm "a bit early" with my question, but guess I'm already just so excited!

Ok, so I'm doing a transatlantic with my fiance on Quantum of the Seas next spring and was thinking of taking a car service (Dial7 etc.) to Cape Liberty from Wall Street area where we are staying the night before. The departure is 5 pm on a Saturday, and from what I've understood, you have to be all set onboard 90 minuted before. I hate nothing more than being in a hurry and worrying whether I'll make it or not, so I want to be safe.

So what kind of schedule would you recommend? I was thinking of ordering a car to hotel around 1 - 1.30PM. The median driving time should be around 30 minutes, right?

I'd order the car for NO LATER than 12 noon! The ship may sail at 5:00 PM, but the final passenger count is due earlier.

It may take 30 minutes with NO traffic congestion; but there will be traffic congestion!!

Edited by Baby let's cruise away