Ice bucket - tongs

beshears

If you have been on Splendor or any of the other Carnival ships within the past 6 months and had an ice bucket, were there tongs with it?

I never thought anything about it, but someone said the ice bucket does not come with the tongs, unless you ask for them. I have never seen this on Carnival ships before, as the tongs were always there.

I was on the Freedom last November, and did not have an ice bucket in the room, and also did not think I needed one. but on the stop in Antigua, I bought a bottle of local rum punch there, and was successful in bringing it back on board (:p ok call me a smuggler:p). That was the third day, and when I went out to go down to MDR that evening, saw my room steward and asked if I could get ice bucket for that night, and he said yes (Angel, was his name, and the best ever room steward on any of my cruises).

Came back after dinner, ice bucket was there with ice and tongs. Also, thereafter the ice bucket was filled twice a day, even though I did not ask for it. Still enjoyed the ice though with my water.

Yes, ice bucket comes with tongs, but if you dont see one in your cabin on arrival, just ask your room steward. If you have a good one like I did, should not be a problem.

If you have been on Splendor or any of the other Carnival ships within the past 6 months and had an ice bucket, were there tongs with it?

I never thought anything about it, but someone said the ice bucket does not come with the tongs, unless you ask for them. I have never seen this on Carnival ships before, as the tongs were always there.

We had tongs with our ice bucket on Conquest two weeks ago. But we usually just used our fingers. :eek:

Thank you everyone for your replies. I just thought it was a little strange when someone mentioned in the "Carnival suggestions" that we ASK for tongs with our ice buckets. I have done many cruises, and several on Carnival, and I couldn't ever remember having to ASK for tongs. We'll be cruising on the Splendor in less than a month, so we'll soon find out. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't ask for an ice bucket on our last Carnival cruise (Miracle in June), but that was the first cruise that I didn't have an ice bucket when we arrived. I'm not sure if the other lines I have been on have quit the practice or if it was just that particular Carnival ship. I like the ice bucket, so if I don't have one next time, I will ask for one.

Our ice bucket on the Triumph at the beginning of this month didn't have any tongs. And we never thought to ask for them. We just used a small glass to scoop up our ice and poured it into another glass.

Edited by lady_cruiser

Ok, this might be a dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyhow. :p

I'm use to having the ice bucket and tongs on every cruise with NCL and never have to ask for it.

Our last Carnival cruise was the Dream in 2013 and we had an ice bucket back then. I understand that this is not always the case and you may have to ask for it...no problem.

But, since we're on the subject, do they automatically leave cups in the room or do you have to ask for those too? (I normally just use my cup to dip in the ice instead of the tongs since it would take me a good 1/2 hour to try to pick the ice up with them...yea coordination is not my strong factor). :p :eek: :)

Ok, this might be a dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyhow. :p

I'm use to having the ice bucket and tongs on every cruise with NCL and never have to ask for it.

Our last Carnival cruise was the Dream in 2013 and we had an ice bucket back then. I understand that this is not always the case and you may have to ask for it...no problem.

But, since we're on the subject, do they automatically leave cups in the room or do you have to ask for those too? (I normally just use my cup to dip in the ice instead of the tongs since it would take me a good 1/2 hour to try to pick the ice up with them...yea coordination is not my strong factor). :p :eek: :)

We had two glasses in the bathroom and two glasses on the tray with the ice bucket.

It seems to be inconsistent. But I now know that if there is not one, and I ask the room steward for it, it will be provided and supplied with ice. At least that was my experience last November. I will do the same next cruise too if I dont have one.

So does everyone still actually "have" the ice bucket in their room, just not filled unless you ask for it?

Thanks for the info. :)

There was no ice bucket in room when we boarded. When i asked for one, the steward brought the bucket and two glasses ( also tongs ):)