2015 Cruisers Choice Awards

oliveau

So many people are loyal to one cruise line (usually the first one they ever sailed) and just vote for that line even when they don't know much about the question. A good example is that Pacific Princess is the highest rated R-ship in several categories, but Oceania is going to have to spend $40 million to bring her sister ship (Ocean Princess) up to the standards of their other R-ships. So how can Pacific Princess possibly be better than Insignia, Nautical and Regatta? My guess is that people who like to sail on Princess' big ships just reflexively chose Pacific Princess for the small-ship categories because they only know Princess... ;)

Journey is under small ships and is fourth right after Quest for Overall Best Cruise lines

I think the OP was referencing the UK site where Quest ranked well but Journey apparently did not.

Perhaps the discrepancy between that ranking and the results in North America add to the caveats one might consider in assessing these results.

I think the OP was referencing the UK site where Quest ranked well but Journey apparently did not.

I think you are right Nordski. On the US Site, Journey came in 3rd, and Quest tied for 2nd in best overall in best small cruise ship. Additionally, Azamara Quest tied for first in Dining, and Quest and Journey were 3rd and 4th respectively for overall service. I think both ships did very well in the USA... though I cannot speak for the UK voters.

Congrats to everyone at Azamara, and on Quest and Journey for the excellent results.

Details can be found here : http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/cruiserschoice_index.cfm?Category=Overall&sort=small

Edited by Host Andy

I think you are right Nordski. On the US Site, Journey came in 3rd, and Quest tied for 2nd in best overall in best small cruise ship. Additionally, Azamara Quest tied for first in Dining, and Quest and Journey were 3rd and 4th respectively for overall service. I think both ships did very well in the USA... though I cannot speak for the UK voters.

Congrats to everyone at Azamara, and on Quest and Journey for the excellent results.

Details can be found here : http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/cruiserschoice_index.cfm?Category=Overall&sort=small

Thank you Host Andy!

These Cruise Critic polls are junk, and always have been. They are too slanted based on the amount of members who have been on specific cruise lines frequently. It would hold a lot more weight if it was voted on by people who had been on a wide variety of cruise lines and ships. Any poll that lists Pacific Princess ahead of Crystal or Disney ahead of Oceania is ludicrous. We all know how fabulous Azamara is, so keep up the good work AZ!

Michael

The commentary here is interesting. In total Azamara Club Cruises received ranking in all the categories; recognizing us as 1st, 2nd or 3rd place nine times for the two ships. Given the competition we are honored.

We appreciate all awards and all the love you send our way. Thank you for voting for us!

Here's how we ranked in the Small Ship Classification…

Best Overall

# 1 Pacific Princess 4.8

# 2 Crystal Serenity 4.5

# 3 Azamara Quest 4.5

# 4 Azamara Journey 4.4

Best for Cabins

# 1 Seven Seas Voyager 4.7

# 2 Seven Seas Mariner 4.6

# 3 Pacific Princes 4.6

# 4 Regatta 4.5

# 5 Crystal Serenity 4.5

# 6 Azamara Quest 4.5

# 7 Seven Seas Navigator 4.5

# 8 Wind Surf 4.4

# 9 Azamara Journey 4.4

# 10 Nautica 4.2

Best for Dining

# 1 Azamara Quest 4.5

# 2 Crystal Serenity 4.5

# 3 Wind Surf 4.4

# 4 Azamara Journey 4.4

Best for Embarkation

# 1 Crystal Symphony 4.8

# 2 Crystal Serenity 4.8

# 3 Pacific Princess 4.7

# 4 Seven Seas Voyager 4.5

# 5 Nautica 4.5

# 6 Regatta 4.4

# 7 Seven Seas Navigator 4.4

# 8 Azamara Quest

Best for Entertainment

# 1 Pacific Princes 4.3

# 2 Azamara Journey 4.3

# 3 Crystal Symphony 4.3

# 4 Seven Seas Navigator 4.2

# 5 Azamara Quest 4.1

Best for Fitness

# 1 Azamara Quest 4.5

# 2 Insignia 4.3

# 3 Seven Seas Navigator 4.1

# 4 Azamara Journey 4.1

Best for Public Rooms

# 1 Crystal Serenity 4.9

# 2 Insignia 4.8

# 3 Seven Seas Voyager 4.7

# 4 Nautica 4.7

# 5 Azamara Journey 4.7

# 6 Azamara Quest 4.7

Best for Service

# 1 Seven Seas Voyager 4.8

# 2 Crystal Symphony 4.8

# 3 Azamara Quest 4.7

# 4 Azamara Journey 4.6

Best for Shore Excursions

# 1 Silver Galapagos 4.8

# 2 Azamara Quest 4.0

# 3 Seven Seas Navigator 4.0

# 4 Paul Gaugui 4.0

# 5 Crystal lSerenity 3.8

# 6 Crystal Symphony 3.8

# 7 Azamara Journey 3.8

Best for Value

# 1 Pacific Princess 4.8

# 2 Azamara Quest 4.5

# 3 Azamara Journey 4.3

Best Mediterranean Cruise

# 1 Celebrity Reflection 4.7 (Is this a small ship I ask?)

# 2 Azamara Quest 4.7

and like the old AVIS commercial…"we try harder"!