Oasis in Costa Maya Tomorrow....questions!

hardingk

I posted on the Costa Maya thread too, but thought I might get answers here as well. We are sailing on Oasis and have been rerouted bc of what was hurricane Danny. We will be in cost Maya tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knows if there is a fee to use the pool/beaches by the pier and if there is free wifi? Also any ideas/suggestions of things to do there? We don't want to go to the ruins. It is also DD's birthday tomorrow! TIA!

No fee for the pool, didn't look at wifi. I was curious if they came up with last minute excursion offerings, but it sounds like you aren't looking at that.

Only been to Costa Maya once. Did not like the store operators there. Downright rude. Take small bills as it can be difficult to get change back.

They do have a good number of shore excursion options but most are ruins and dolphin swims/encounters. Trying to find more info about things to do at the pier.

Edited by hardingk

Not much at the pier other than shopping. We go to Maya Chan. Private all inclusive beach day. You can email Mark who is the owner if you are interested. Cost is around $59 pp (not positive)includes food, drinks, and transportation to and from. Great food and very nice people.

Not much at the pier other than shopping. We go to Maya Chan. Private all inclusive beach day. You can email Mark who is the owner if you are interested. Cost is around $59 pp (not positive)includes food, drinks, and transportation to and from. Great food and very nice people.

Thanks! Do you have an email for him?

Oasis is such a great ship with so much to offer you should maybe stay onboard. From your signature it looks like your 1st time on an Oasis Class so take advantage of the ship.

It is a great ship, but we didn't get off at Nassau, so we feel like we have been on a 4 day cruise to no where. It's also my DD's birthday, so we want to do something special.

The port area is very nice and can provide for a good day.

However, it is very "Disney-fied". If you go into the town of Mahajual you will see the local culture. Depending on the age of your daughter, this could be a learning experience for her.

You can either take the $2 shuttle, or a private taxi for $3.

The shuttle will take a bit longer as it makes several stops along the beach.

The malecon in Mahajual (wide walkway) is lined with the beach on one side and the restaurants/bars and a few shops on the other. The restaurants have chairs/umbrellas across from their establishment. A couple of places are 'all-inclusive' and charge a fee, but the vast majority allow you to use their chairs/umbrellas for free as long as you purchase drinks or food from them.

Depending on how long you are in port, you should have plenty of time to do both. Hit the beach at Mahajual and check out the port area on your return

You will probably have a great day at your impromptu stop.

He emailed me back already and they are closed. ��

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I know they have a limit on the number of people that they can accomodate ibut if no ships they may close. Try him again and maybe they might reconsider given the size of Oasis?! He may have had more people emailing? He lives in California I think but his staff is local and great people.

We go to Maya Chan.

Maya Chan rocks. Highly recommended. We will go back if we cruise to Costa Maya again. Quality food/drinks and impeccable service. They are very aware of the time you need to get back to the ship and ensure it happens. Enjoy.