Anthem - First time cruiser - what to expect at the pools?

colleenco

So we will be on Anthem for a 7day Bahama cruise the end of March. My entire group has never cruised before. What are the pool decks like? I am basically wondering if there will be a server that brings us drinks? Will we be able to order food as well? Are there any adults only pools? Are some pools more crowded then others? I just have no idea what to expect. THANKS!

So we will be on Anthem for a 7day Bahama cruise the end of March. My entire group has never cruised before. What are the pool decks like? I am basically wondering if there will be a server that brings us drinks? Will we be able to order food as well? Are there any adults only pools? Are some pools more crowded then others? I just have no idea what to expect. THANKS!

There will be roving bartenders and there is a bar near each pool that you can order from. You cannot order food and have it delivered to you in your chair, but there is lots of food to be found on the ship and you can bring it with you.

On sea days, the pools are crowded. Some cruises seem to have more waiters around the pool than others....but bars are never far away, if you have to get your own drinks. You may bring food from the WJ (or wherever) to your lounger, but rarely is anything served on the pool deck.

The indoor pool is nice for those first two days when the weather is cooler. I've never seen anyone serve food by the pool You can go to the Windjammer or Solarium Bistro and bring food back to your seat.

I don't recall roaming bar service on our last two Anthem cruises either. There are bars at each pool (Solarium, indoor and outdoor).

We will be on the Anthem at the end of March … first time on a big ship. Not pool related but if you haven't yet made reservations for the shows, I recommend doing that. The I-Fly, Northstar and Puzzle Room are booked up or near booked up. I have read that they save some openings for people to book once they get on board … board early, find out where they are taking reservations and book as soon as you board.

One can swim in the outdoor and covered indoor pool. The pool(s) in the solarium are not conducive for swimming. There are 3 pools that are terraced and overflow from the top pool works its way to the bottom pool. The pools are small, shaped like kidney beans, and more useful for cooling off than "swimming". On my first anthem cruise, kids were allowed into the solarium pool one day due to weather conditions. Otherwise, the solarium pool is age restricted.

There is a great private area under the North Star Bar double loungers (couch like) - $150 for the day, includes a bottle of champagne and a private bartender who will also get you your food - most likely Jervus will still be there (we just returned on 2/19/17) we absolutely loved it because we had all of the beds to ourselves and he brought food and drinks - only people who paid for this were able to get in the area - there were 4 beds total

When we were on in October the Solarium and outdoor pool (on nice days) were more crowded. I was always able to find a lounger though. The indoor pool was never crowded. The seaplex is an awesome space also. Can't wait to to be back on Anthem in March too!

We will be on the Anthem at the end of March … first time on a big ship. Not pool related but if you haven't yet made reservations for the shows, I recommend doing that. The I-Fly, Northstar and Puzzle Room are booked up or near booked up. I have read that they save some openings for people to book once they get on board … board early, find out where they are taking reservations and book as soon as you board.

Where do you pre book the puzzle room?

Welcome to CC. Hope you and your friends enjoy your first cruise.

Have not sailed on the Anthem, however, most RC ships have similarities.

Bars and bartenders are plentiful. You can either get your own drinks or look for a roving bartender when on the pool deck.

Solarium is the adults only pool. Age 16 and up.

You can bring food to the pool deck from buffet, but food is not delivered to you there. Be aware that if you go inside to get food you have to be dressed. Shoes/flip flops/sandals, shorts, t-shirt, swimsuit coverup, etc.

Again, not sure about Anthem particularly, but there is usually a towel station to get towels. You don't need to bring beach towels from home or use your cabin towels.