Planetarium - Are there still broken chairs?

MCC retired

I have read a few comments that after the big dry dock , there is still a problem with those broken reclining chairs . New problem chairs or same old ignored ones?

Are there many ? Were they not repaired @ dry dock ?

I have read a few comments that after the big dry dock , there is still a problem with those broken reclining chairs . New problem chairs or same old ignored ones?

Are there many ? Were they not repaired @ dry dock ?

Considering the size of some of the pax(sorry, it's true)The seats can take the abuse only so long. Talking with staff I was told that most furniture on board lasts less than 2 years before replacement. Of course some of this is standard wear & tear as well.

We did in past experience the broken seats in the Planetarium.

We did learn to attempt to enter as one of the first few to scope out which seats were operating properly to sit in.

Granted the idea of the show is to use a reclined seat for proper viewing.

One would have hoped they repaired and addressed the seats during the refit. But maybe the wear and tear needs to be reviewed on the number of times each day these seats are reclined and better secure them.

I doubt passengers recline them during the movie time but some may also use that feature adding more wear.

In my case, on one occasion last week, I was seated in one of the red chairs during a lecture and it would not lock upright. When I went to sit back, I reclined. As did someone behind me. (During other lectures we sat in a side section.) I saw no "roped off" seats. The two of us may have been spectacularly unlucky that day, but I must assume that the problem was more widespread than those two seats. (And likewise, I have no reason to doubt those who said the seats were repaired in the refit)

I suspect it's simply a poor design that couldn't stand up to the rigors of use aboard.

- Mark

This has been ongoing for years. It's hard to imagine that robust chairs that are fit for purpose can't be bought as with shore based outlets. But then Cunard get no direct revenue from the planetarium unlike seating in the bars.

Very few cruisers would choose to sail QM2 solely because of the planetarium presentations.

David