anyone taken ferry from sausalito to san fran

sorry for he typos Bruce it was 3 a.m. here in the east

do you know where the ship docks in san fran?

also have you ever taken the ferry from saulsilato ? sp to san fran?

thanks

my mind and body need this trip as i had death in my family with the past 2 weeks thanks for your help and for understanding

sorry for he typos Bruce it was 3 a.m. here in the east

do you know where the ship docks in san fran?

also have you ever taken the ferry from saulsilato ? sp to san fran?

thanks

my mind and body need this trip as i had death in my family with the past 2 weeks thanks for your help and for understanding

Where the cruise ship docks? As commonly discussed here, the new terminal is Pier 27. If more than one ship in port, then Pier 35. is the second choice

The Sausalito ferry docks at the Ferry Terminal, or, in essence, Pier 1. In fact, I will be taking the ferry tonight, to the Giants game.

Edited by CruiserBruce

this ferry goes from ferry building to sausalito. sausalito is a small tourist town..scomas is good eating..art galleries.. great bay views and views of the bridge.

the best thing there is the Bay model..about 1 mile north of ferry dock. the ferry building is a 10-15 min walk to cruise ship pier.

I have taken the ferry over and back just for the bay view.

• 2 weeks later...

The Blue and Gold fleet also has boats going to Sausalito. If you end up docking at Pier 35 or 27, that would be your closest option...rather than going all the way to the Ferry Building.

I used to live in San Francisco and people there get upset if you call it anything other than San Francisco, or "The City".

If you look on Google Maps and type in San Francisco Piers, you will better see where things are located.

Edited by Steirisch

The ferry ride is nice, especially if the weather is clear. Sausalito is cute and a nice place to spend a few hours.

For some reason, people outside of SF like to call it San Fran or worse, Frisco.

• 3 weeks later...

The ferry ride is a nice excursion. Since we are locals and have seen most of the sites in the City we took the ferry on a port stop in San Francisco. We went to Tiburon rather than Sausalito and had lunch at Sam's (outside table right on the waterfront). It was a delightful day. The Tiburon ferry leaves from Pier 39. You might want to check the schedules for both lines and see which one fits your cruise schedule best. Either would be a great trip on a sunny day. Be sure to allow plenty of time so that you don't miss the last ferry of the day :eek:

• 10 months later...
As we are on a cruise I always think about making connections on time. Is there ever a time when the ferry would be full and you can't board it at the time you like?

If you are going to Sausalito in the morning and back to SF in the afternoon, you are going the opposite of the standard heavy flow during those times. I would not be overly concerned.

• 2 weeks later...

We take the ferry to Sausalito for lunch about once per year. It's a lovely ride, sort of like a mini cruise! Lots of beautiful scenery, sea air. Sausalito has many good places to eat and drink and a little shopping. I like to leave and return to the Ferry Building, which has become one of the most popular spots in San Francisco because of the food markets and eating places there. The ferry can get crowded on the weekend in the summer.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We use the Golden Gate Ferry from Sausalito quite often to get to San Francisco to play tourist.

Here is the schedule for the Golden Gate Ferry to/from Sausalito. http://goldengateferry.org/schedules/Sausalito.php This is the ferry that leaves from the San Francisco Ferry Terminal at the foot of Market Street. The Ferry Terminal is several long blocks south of Pier 27, where your ship will probably be docked. However, you can catch one of the Historic Streetcars and ride it down to the Ferry Terminal (see the map below).

Here is the schedule for the Blue and Gold Ferries: http://m.blueandgoldfleet.com/ferry-routes-schedules/sausalito-2/ These ferries depart from Pier 41, which is a few blocks north of Pier 27. You can also take a Historic Streetcar there.

And here's a map that shows the Historic Streetcar route (the F line), along with the cable car routes: http://www.streetcar.org/wp-content/uploads/map.pdf.

• 4 months later...