Promotional Brochure from UK Travel Agency

Haworth

We received the above in the post today, "readers" of the forum may have seen a simmilar "offer"

The front cover states more inclusive benefits including ALL drinks, the T&C's only clarify this with the following statement:

"More inclusive drinks package may exclude some finest/vintage brands and champagne"

It is my view that unless the on board offer has changed since we last sailed Azamara then this brochure is at best miss-leading or have I got it wrong?

We received the above in the post today, "readers" of the forum may have seen a simmilar "offer"

The front cover states more inclusive benefits including ALL drinks, the T&C's only clarify this with the following statement:

"More inclusive drinks package may exclude some finest/vintage brands and champagne"

It is my view that unless the on board offer has changed since we last sailed Azamara then this brochure is at best miss-leading or have I got it wrong?

Is this a brochure produced by the Agency - in which case the issue is with them if it is produced by Azamara - ouch, not good

Is this a brochure produced by the Agency - in which case the issue is with them if it is produced by Azamara - ouch, not good

It is an agency, well known in the UK, my first paragraph may give a clue

Edited by Haworth

Thanks. I suppose Azamara HO then needs to pick up with that agency before the guests start arriving onboard with the wrong expectations

Hi Haworth,

If the Agency printed the brochure, then it's their mistake - certainly not Azamara's fault. With that said, I agree with UKtog, in that Azamara should probably have a word with them, or Azamara may have this agency's clientele board the ship, and be very displeased.

Kindly refrain from being more specific about the agency's name, or I will be forced to remove future posts and/or the thread itself. Thanks very much !

Thanks. I suppose Azamara HO then needs to pick up with that agency before the guests start arriving onboard with the wrong expectations

Hello Haworth, UKtog & Host Andy,

The UK team is on the case.

Here's the response I received today:

"We are very clear with our drinks policy and 'more inclusive' inclusions, and the communication was from one of our travel partners, and is unfortunately their interpretation.. We will, however, endeavour to police these a lot closer to avoid any misinterpretation moving forward."

Thank you from all of us for pointing out the problem.

Bonnie

Hello Haworth, UKtog & Host Andy,

The UK team is on the case.

Here's the response I received today:

"We are very clear with our drinks policy and 'more inclusive' inclusions, and the communication was from one of our travel partners, and is unfortunately their interpretation.. We will, however, endeavour to police these a lot closer to avoid any misinterpretation moving forward."

Thank you from all of us for pointing out the problem.

Bonnie

With respect, I believe that it was what was also said last year.

All of us regulars know what to expect and are happy. However, new customers may expect free drinks and may be shocked to be offered a multitude of drinks packages, upon boarding, which may sour what could have been an otherwise excellent relationship.

Another UK TA that partakes on an UK cruise forum(one that does allow mentioning of deals from anywhere) also made the error of using All inclusive in one of their promotions.

a goggle of "Azamara all inclusive" finds another MAJOR TA in the UK that says on it's description page

The luxury arm of the successful and popular Celebrity cruises, Azamara offers all inclusive cruises on two ships......

ACC UK obviously don't check that often

Bonnie

I believe the thread English Tim is referring to was mine “procter”.

This was about a Royal Caribbean owned travel agent !!!! in UK that was advertising

“6 star luxury all inclusive”.

At first Azamara declined to accept responsibility for the action of its agent.

I am sure that we could have a good discussion about contract law and the implications in this process.

The fact is that Azamara is probably a 4*+ for food and accommodation although those in a 140 sq ft cabin might rate it lower.

For staff service certainly a 5+ star bearing in mind there should probably be only about 20 hotels in the world who deserve the 6 star rating.

I am sure that if anybody has a screen shot of “excluding vintage etc.” they would have an interesting case.

If you book in a travel agent I doubt if you would be offered the booking conditions or time to read and understand the full 7 pages of tiny print.

This latest farrago surely indicates some shortcomings in Azamara UK

I was involved in producing material for in-house brochures and external productions using external agencies etc. and there are 2 things that are certain.

1: Azamara will have paid substantial money to be featured in this offer.

2: The artwork and text will HAVE to have been signed off by Azamara and I mean physically signed off i.e not email or verbally.

If there is one thing that Azamara Sales and Marketing director should be doing is getting close to his top 10 customers and ENSURING a consistent message which should be

1: Amazing evenings

2: Overnight stays

3: Great service

4: More inclusive deals

I am not saying that Azamara should be responsible for every statement made by any travel agent person in store but it should ensure a consistent message via print etc. in its travel partners.

I am sure that most people who book via any method are not offered the 7 pages of VERY small print to read let alone understand but a screen print might make for interesting discussions at the customer service desk.

By the way has there not been any news in 2014 as I see that this section of Azamara UK website is still blank?

Bonnie

I believe the thread English Tim is referring to was mine “procter”.

This was about a Royal Caribbean owned travel agent !!!! in UK that was advertising

“6 star luxury all inclusive”.

At first Azamara declined to accept responsibility for the action of its agent.

I am sure that we could have a good discussion about contract law and the implications in this process.

The fact is that Azamara is probably a 4*+ for food and accommodation although those in a 140 sq ft cabin might rate it lower.

For staff service certainly a 5+ star bearing in mind there should probably be only about 20 hotels in the world who deserve the 6 star rating.

I am sure that if anybody has a screen shot of “excluding vintage etc.” they would have an interesting case.

If you book in a travel agent I doubt if you would be offered the booking conditions or time to read and understand the full 7 pages of tiny print.

This latest farrago surely indicates some shortcomings in Azamara UK

I was involved in producing material for in-house brochures and external productions using external agencies etc. and there are 2 things that are certain.

1: Azamara will have paid substantial money to be featured in this offer.

2: The artwork and text will HAVE to have been signed off by Azamara and I mean physically signed off i.e not email or verbally.

If there is one thing that Azamara Sales and Marketing director should be doing is getting close to his top 10 customers and ENSURING a consistent message which should be

1: Amazing evenings

2: Overnight stays

3: Great service

4: More inclusive deals

I am not saying that Azamara should be responsible for every statement made by any travel agent person in store but it should ensure a consistent message via print etc. in its travel partners.

I am sure that most people who book via any method are not offered the 7 pages of VERY small print to read let alone understand but a screen print might make for interesting discussions at the customer service desk.

By the way has there not been any news in 2014 as I see that this section of Azamara UK website is still blank?

Hi proctor ~ All good points you bring up. The ACC UK office is monitoring this thread, and takes these comments to heart.

This past year there has been a near complete overhaul of our UK operation. We now have a dedicated team of long-time travel professionals focused solely on our Azamara brand.

We believe this will result in less errors, such as those you mention.

Bonnie

Hi proctor ~ All good points you bring up. The ACC UK office is monitoring this thread, and takes these comments to heart.

This past year there has been a near complete overhaul of our UK operation. We now have a dedicated team of long-time travel professionals focused solely on our Azamara brand.

We believe this will result in less errors, such as those you mention.

Bonnie

The first thing they need to do is get the TWO web sites sorted and up to date.

www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk

www.azamaraclubcruises.com (UK region)

It really is silly trying to force redirections and have two web sites that need supporting.

Edited by insidecabin

eg this is from the website

UK (Weybridge Office) Monday - Friday08:30 a.m. - 20:00 p.m.Saturday09:00 a.m. - 18:00 p.m.Sunday10:00 a.m. - 17:00 p.m.Telephone0844 493 4016Fax01932 820286EmailPre-Departure Issues:

infouk@rccl.com

Post-Departure Issues:

custserv.uk@rccl.com

This link is still available

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/news-and-offers/50-percent-off-2012-land-discoveries/

get the how to pay info on the payment page

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/already-booked/payment-gratuities/

Sure others can find more issue that need fixing

• 3 weeks later...

Another UK agent is sending out emails with all inclusive.

- All Inclusive Unlimited Drinks

on the web site with deals.

Benefits

Includes all inclusive unlimited drinks ,all gratuities, flights and transfers

To help ACC uk track them down they are Cardif based.

A previously reported TA are still saying all inclusive.

well know big UK TA.

Azamara offers all inclusive cruises on two ships that have both been extensively refurbished to provide unparalleled passenger comfort

and the one owned by RCCL still includes ACC on it all inclusive cruises page.

I wonder, however, if anyplace, anywhere is really "all-inclusive." What if I ask for a glass of Dom Perignon, or Lafite Rothschild, or d'Yquem? Does "all-inclusive" have to be taken to mean I'm entitled to anything I could possibly want?

Regent has a large button on their home page that reads "The All-Inclusive Experience," but they have extra-cost special shore excursions you can purchase. Regarding "included" liquor on Regent, Cruise Critic says the following: "The line does, however, have a connoisseur's list of ultra-premium wines and liquors that cost extra."

So where exactly does one draw the line between "more-inclusive" and "all-inclusive?" I'm not defending the TA's use of "all-inclusive," just raising a concern about how one would define the different levels of "inclusivity" in any meaningful way.

Although most understand(especialy in the UK) that AI is in most cases limited either by not offering things or top end surcharges it does not matter what it means as ACC have specificaly said they do not want AI to be used in any promotions of the brand.

You can say "More Inclusive".

Edited by insidecabin

Although most understand(especialy in the UK) that AI is in most cases limited either by not offering things or top end surcharges it does not matter what it means as ACC have specificaly said they do not want AI to be used in any promotions of the brand.

You can say "More Inclusive".

Your first sentence above states exactly why what I wrote DOES matter. I wrote about what the definition of "all-inclusive" really is taken to mean by companies advertising it and by their prospective clients, not what Azamara wants TA promotions to say or not say.

Why don't you try to explain to us specifically what the term "more inclusive" means, and what you think the average reader would think is included? "More" is a comparative modifier. "More" than what? What Regent includes? What Sandals includes? What you get on a mass-market line like Celebrity?

A previously reported TA are still saying all inclusive.

well know big UK TA.

Azamara offers all inclusive cruises on two ships that have both been extensively refurbished to provide unparalleled passenger comfort

and the one owned by RCCL still includes ACC on it all inclusive cruises page.

Refurbished? When?

This is not simply advertising speak, it just plain lying IMO.

From the Oxford online dictionary -

Denoting or relating to a holiday in which all or most meals, drinks, and activities are included in the overall price

Thanks for posting.

Now...does the Oxford give a generally-understood definition for "more inclusive?" I'd be surprised, and that's why TAs are reluctant to use it in their promotions. Who would know what it really meant without substantial supporting qualifiers and detail?

Refurbished? When?

Carpeting has been replaced, chairs reupholstered, new beds and bedding, new lighting fixtures, repainting Windows Cafe. Lying? I don't think so.:rolleyes:

Refurbished? When?

Also, all new very expensive loungers by the pool, fairly new outdoor Windows wicker chairs, new tables at the grill, etc. Maybe not a gut job but the updating from April '10 to April '14 was apparent!

Carpeting has been replaced, chairs reupholstered, new beds and bedding, new lighting fixtures, repainting Windows Cafe. Lying? I don't think so.:rolleyes:
All new furniture on the verandas; nearly every chair replaced or reupholstered; and who knows what below the surface and for the crew. Quest spent two weeks in drydock in October 2012 (we spent the next three cruises onboard) and Journey the following winter--more than a year before the Oceania R-ships were scheduled for refurbishing.