Going, going, gone sales

Thanks. I have that link, but it's coming up, "server can't be found".

Try redoing your link with what Ellen posted. I just tried it and it works fine.

Edited by clarea

A very commonly held misconception is that no organization is "allowed to" or can, offer prices that are lower than those listed by the cruise line. This is completely false. :cool:

There are MANY internet based travel agencies that CONSTANTLY sell cruises at prices lower than the Cruise Lines. I book with them all the time, save thousands of dollars, and enjoy the same cruise experience as anyone else.

Mr. Fain has made the Going, Going, Gone Sale a thing of the past.

If everyone believes the propaganda dispensed by the Cruise Line CEOs and Public Relations statements in their efforts to increase profits, I (as a stockholder) will be pleased. :o

As an avid cruiser who is of modest means and on a fixed income, I will be MORE pleased to continue to book incredible vacations at ridiculously low prices by shopping someplace OTHER than the cruise lines. ;)

Edited by teecee60

A very commonly held misconception is that no organization is "allowed to" or can, offer prices that are lower than those listed by the cruise line. This is completely false. :cool:

There are MANY internet based travel agencies that CONSTANTLY sell cruises at prices lower than the Cruise Lines. I book with them all the time, save thousands of dollars, and enjoy the same cruise experience as anyone else.

If everyone believes the propaganda dispensed by the Cruise Line CEOs and Public Relations statements in their efforts to increase profits, I (as a stockholder) will be pleased. :o

As an avid cruiser who is of modest means and on a fixed income, I will be MORE pleased to continue to book incredible vacations at ridiculously low prices by shopping someplace OTHER than the cruise lines. ;)

That may well be true, but we were discussing this PARTICULAR sale. And your smug, self aggrandizing remarks only make you look foolish.

• 3 months later...
That may well be true, but we were discussing this PARTICULAR sale. And your smug, self aggrandizing remarks only make you look foolish.

Foolish is when someone pays two times or three times the price they COULD have paid for a cruise, because they are either inexperienced or MIS-informed. :o

Making fellow cruisers aware of that MISINFORMATION, in an effort to help them get an even better deal than the "SALE" prices advertised as part of a cruise line's slick marketing strategy, is hardly smug. :cool:

Saying that I am of modest means and on a fixed income is hardly "self aggrandizing." :rolleyes:

To say "Please feel free to waste your money while continuing to pay inflated prices during hokey "sales," when other options are available..." THAT might be considered smug.

Edited by teecee60

You were correct, no sale last week, but next week's sale is posted now.

I just checked the web site but no sailings are listed under the GGG sale. I'm aboard the Freedom and the other link comes back "server cannot be found."

I just checked the web site but no sailings are listed under the GGG sale. I'm aboard the Freedom and the other link comes back "server cannot be found."

I also receive the "server cannot be found" error when I try to get to the link onboard a ship. I don't know what's up with that, but I've tried it on several ships and consistently get that error.

I've attached the PDF to this post if you are curious.

rci_sales_event-06-OCT-2015.pdf

I also receive the "server cannot be found" error when I try to get to the link onboard a ship. I don't know what's up with that, but I've tried it on several ships and consistently get that error.

I've attached the PDF to this post if you are curious.

That worked. Thank you.

I think it's because they usurp the domain rccl.com for onboard stuff, so when you try to go to creative.rccl.com (where the sale PDF is posted), that server's not on the ship and you get the error.