Price of cruise dropped drastically since booking

I booked a Bahama cruise for a family of 3 through Expedia in Sept for travel in October and upon checking the price today it has dropped by $600. So I feel we have overpaid does anyone know if I can claim a refund from Expedia.

Since you are past final payment, your price is set firmly for your category, so forget about a refund. Instead, check to see if prices have dropped on better categories of cabins...if so maybe your online travel agency can help you secure an inexpensive upgrade to a better cabin. If not, forget the price drop and just enjoy the cruise.

My TA monitors price drops on all the cruises I book with him So far those I have booked have gone up in price or offer fewer perks. It really pays to have a good agent.

Good?

Your TA's has "monitored" prices and gotten no price drops at all for you? If so, I think I'll keep monitoring my own, thanks, as I have gotten plenty of price drops and cheap upgrades myself.

Sometimes the price drops last only a few hours or days, so they can be easily missed if not diligently monitored. Sometimes the price drops are not on my specific category of cabin, but instead on another category that would be fine for me; how an agent would know I'd be interested?

And the OP booked after final payment, so OP was not destined to get any price drops, no matter which agent booked OP.

I am glad the agency was helpful. Personally, I'd have taken a JS, connecting door not withstanding....but that is totally your call...at least everybody was willing to work with you appropriately. Have a nice time.

I agree, it would be hard for us to pass up a JS, even a connecting one.

I agree, it would be hard for us to pass up a JS, even a connecting one.

Especially with three people in the cabin. That must have been some really bad past experience to keep the OP from upgrading now. But all that matters is that they have a wonderful time in a cabin that suits them.

How do you watch prices on RCCI?? Carnival has a "fare viewer" page...does RCCI have something similar??

No, you have to go through the booking process to see a price. Or you can subscribe to a price watch service from various websites.

I booked a Bahama cruise for a family of 3 through Expedia in Sept for travel in October and upon checking the price today it has dropped by $600. So I feel we have overpaid does anyone know if I can claim a refund from Expedia.

It happens.Did you feel you over payed when you booked it?You didnt overpay.. You booked the date you wanted in advance and had the security knowing it was booked.. You always have the option of waiting till last minute to book.. But prices could be more or less or cruise is booked full.. Next time dont even check prices after you make final payment.. It is what it is.

On edit,I wouldve jumped on JS in a heartbeat!

Edited by rtazz17

I guess we entitled to our opinion. Whatever my decision not to choose the JS was my decision and I am sure we will have a great time. Thankyou for all the feedback.

Ah, the beauty of the internet.

You posted.

People answered.

I am firmly in the camp that you are insane not to have taken the JS. If there were any noise, you can stuff a towel under the connecting door.

But I have had just as much noise through "just a wall" as through a connecting door.

It all depends on who is next door and how much noise they make.

On the Quantum, we did NOT have connecting cabins, but the neighbor kept SLAMMING their door so hard that our TV jumped off the wall.

Wow, that's quite a slam to knock the TV off the wall. That's terrible. Some people!! :confused:

I knew that I should have been somewhat more specific.

On Quantum class ships, the TV is mounted on the wall. On other ships, it is mounted on a swiveling platform.

The TV can be pulled out from the wall to face in different directions. When you put it back into place flat on the wall, it snaps FIRMLY into the wall bracket. It's HARD to pull it out.

THIS is what happened. It popped out FROM the wall, not OFF the wall entirely.

:) :p ;) :eek: :D

But I also didn't tell you that we returned to our cabin on the final night to discover that our neighbors had put their FOUR LARGE SUITCASES out in the hall...........but not quite "out in the hall." DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF OUR CABIN DOOR.

When I called them on it, she said, (and I quote), "Oh, I didn't see the door there."

Edited by Merion_Mom

I guess we entitled to our opinion. Whatever my decision not to choose the JS was my decision and I am sure we will have a great time. Thankyou for all the feedback.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion...and your party's opinion is the only one that counts. You'll be in that cabin on that cruise ship. We will just be chatty people on the Internet. You have learned a bit from this booking and now you are going to forget our opinions and have fun.

Another option would be to see how much the penalty would be if you cancelled your current booking and rebooked at the lower price. Sometimes the savings is greater than paying the penalty on the original booking.