Is there a way to find out if there is a large group booked for a cruise?

Thanks BamaEagle for knowing the name of the group the girls were traveling with. I don't how they were able to book rooms without adults in each room unless groups are able to do that. I wouldn't have believed the number if I didn't see them lined up at the pier and I didn't see many adults. 50 would have been a small group in comparison. I guess you would have had to been on the cruise to understand. I've been on many summer and spring break cruises and with as many as 900+ under 18 and not one have been like this one.

Thanks BamaEagle for knowing the name of the group the girls were traveling with. I don't how they were able to book rooms without adults in each room unless groups are able to do that. I wouldn't have believed the number if I didn't see them lined up at the pier and I didn't see many adults. 50 would have been a small group in comparison. I guess you would have had to been on the cruise to understand. I've been on many summer and spring break cruises and with as many as 900+ under 18 and not one have been like this one.

Agreed that I have never been on a cruise or any other trip like this one. Next time I will definitely try to find out if there are any large teen groups before I book.

We honestly just couldn't get away from them. At Chankanaab in Cozumel, while two of my boys were snorkeling and the third was at the Dolphin Encounter, I looked behind me and several of the girls had sat on my boys chairs, pushing their things aside. I just let it go because by this time, we were all just trying to tolerate them the best we could. When my third son returned from the Dolphins, the girls were gone, and so was his mask and snorkel.

At Labadee, they went to one of the smaller, more secluded beaches,,Columbus Cove and completely took it over. We, and others, had chosen this beach because it was quiet. If I was a leader for a group of over 200, I would have chosen the large beach with plenty of room, not the small quiet beach.

I could go on with other examples, including our Windjammer experiences with the girls, but I will stop. And for the record, we had five older teens in our group, and they were totally aggravated by this group as well.

Thank goodness they were incredibly polite!

On a Breeze cruise there was a large group of Goths. The roll call was all worried before the cruise that there would be all these "weird" people on the ship. This was so not the case, they were so nice and polite. And super fun to see the great outfits for formal night.Most large groups sre not a problem, but I can not speak for 250 15 year old girls.

I too would like to know how these groups can book without an adult in each cabin? I have been on a cruise when there was a VERY large Quinceanera group. It was our only cruise where we couldn't wait for it to end. They seemed to take over areas and act like they were the only ones on the ship. I won't even go into the lack of manners.

I too would like to know how these groups can book without an adult in each cabin? I have been on a cruise when there was a VERY large Quinceanera group. It was our only cruise where we couldn't wait for it to end. They seemed to take over areas and act like they were the only ones on the ship. I won't even go into the lack of manners.

We had this experience, too, in part, on one of our first cruises, which was out of San Juan on Adventure. Around dinner times it was nice in many respects because of all the young ladies and their families dressed up so beautifully, even if they were swarming many of the public spaces. But at other times, the noise and unruliness were out of hand.

Is it possible they do use adults to book but when it comes time to actually sleep in the rooms, all of them switch rooms once on board? I agree it is very distracting, our last cruise had a lot of 15 yr old teenagers from Brazil and they took over all of Coco Cay that we had to move our seats several times to find a quiet spot. :o

Good grief. It looks like these girls are branching out from Disney World:eek:. It would be pure he** for me to cruise with all of those teenage girls, but I'm sure my 16yo son would enjoy it:D

I was going to say, 'don't worry about quince cruises in the summer' but I just did a quick google and found these quinceaneras sailings-

Independence of the Seas

June 21, 2015

and July 5, 2015

Eastern Caribbean

June 28, 2015

Western Caribbean

Oasis of the Seas

July 25, 2015

Eastern Caribbean

August 1, 2015

Western Caribbean

Google 'quinceanera cruise' and some travel sites will have handy calendars of all quince cruises for the year. Can't post as we are not allowed to link to TAs.

You can also add 'Quinceanera' to forums search, and find info here on cruise critic! :)

Never thought to look before....we do have a "special event" group on our next cruise. But it should make it more fun. (LGBTQ group for Halloween).

Looking forward to it unless they close a lot of bars or clubs. They have quite a few private events listed on the advertisement I found.

We were impacted by a large group a few years ago on the Mariner. I don't recall what group they were but they had private events almost nightly in the large lounge (Cleopatra maybe?) and we were forced to go up to the Viking Crown Lounge (or whatever they call it) for some live music, karaoke and relaxation . Of course that venue is much smaller compared to the larger one and quite a few times we couldn't even find seats.

I, too, would like to know how these girls get around not having an adult in each of their cabins. At 500 with maybe 4 to a cabin that would be over 100 chaperones. :eek: Is my math correct?

Good grief. It looks like these girls are branching out from Disney World:eek:. It would be pure he** for me to cruise with all of those teenage girls, but I'm sure my 16yo son would enjoy it:D

All of the groups we have seen since Monarch days have done Disney and the cruise. All have been from South and Central America and from what we have been told come from well to do families.

I was going to say, 'don't worry about quince cruises in the summer' but I just did a quick google and found these quinceaneras sailings-

Independence of the Seas

June 21, 2015

and July 5, 2015

Eastern Caribbean

June 28, 2015

Western Caribbean

Oasis of the Seas

July 25, 2015

Eastern Caribbean

August 1, 2015

Western Caribbean

Google 'quinceanera cruise' and some travel sites will have handy calendars of all quince cruises for the year. Can't post as we are not allowed to link to TAs.

Thank you for posting this! We have a short cruise on Carnival booked for 2016, and so far it looks like we didn't book one of the quince sailings - whew! I'm sure it's a lot of fun for the girls, but since we don't have teenagers I wouldn't opt to cruise on a date marketed to have that many of them on the ship if I could choose a different date. JMHO. I'm glad to have the insight into the planned group schedules, and each traveler can decide for themselves. :)

Edited by undercat

That's exactly what I was thinking!!! We've been to WDW many times. It's impossible to get around the mass of Brazilian tourists. They just swarm and take over an entire area.

UGH! I'd take the Goth group over a group of Brazilian teenagers any day. Though I will be traveling with my 15 year old son who may not agree with me:) Did they all wear those teeny bathing suits? UGH!

Just Off Enchantment and they had a quince group of about 350 fifteen year old girls. They closed several activities early due to their private functions and cancelled the pool deck movie due to their loud deck party. They travel in huge groups with little supervision. I agree that I would avoid this if I could, but not a deal breaker for booking. My 14 year old nephew didn't seem to mind lol

Whew, this thread comes up often enough to remind me to check on my next cruise. I'm good to go. So far my Allure 2011 cruise had 150 or so insurance adjusters. They reportedly met in a conference room a couple of times.

Bet this group will be "wild and crazy"!! :cool:

Not that this matters, but I am trying to wrap my head around this. If there is a group of 350 (or so) girls for a quincinera, are they all celebrating one girl's quince? Or is this a bunch of different girls (and their friends/family) that join in on one big Quince party on the boat?

Maybe it's the American mom in me, but I'm shocked that parents would be comfortable letting their kids on cruise ships at that age w/out a small parent to child ratio. Yikes. I can't imagine. And yes, 300 teens at once w/limited supervision? No thank you. I love teens and adolescents, but I like them better with some degree of supervision.

I am taking two holiday cruises (Easter, Christmas) so hopefully this will be a deal breaker for a quince party.

Not that this matters, but I am trying to wrap my head around this. If there is a group of 350 (or so) girls for a quincinera, are they all celebrating one girl's quince? Or is this a bunch of different girls (and their friends/family) that join in on one big Quince party on the boat?

Maybe it's the American mom in me, but I'm shocked that parents would be comfortable letting their kids on cruise ships at that age w/out a small parent to child ratio. Yikes. I can't imagine. And yes, 300 teens at once w/limited supervision? No thank you. I love teens and adolescents, but I like them better with some degree of supervision.

I am taking two holiday cruises (Easter, Christmas) so hopefully this will be a deal breaker for a quince party.

Totally agree!

The May 27, 2016 Memorial Day weekend 3-day cruise on Enchantment is nearly sold out (all non-HC balconies and JS are already sold out), and it's over 10 months away! Is this typical? I've tried searching various combinations of the ship name and sail date and haven't found any quince or group cruises listed for this date. Any clues?