Lido cabin lovers

kelkel2

I really want to try a lido cabin. It's close to everything I am interested in. My husband on the other hand is very unsure. I'm pretty sure we are going to book the Sunshine, but in your past experiences have you noticed any noise from the deck parties in your cabins? I don't mind hearing music on my balcony at all. But when it's time to sleep, it's time to sleep and I think that is what my husband is worried about. Any info you can give me would be helpful, because I really don't think this will be a problem, but I told him I would ask the experts!

I stayed in cabin 9207 on the Sunshine last July. There were no issues with noise as I too was worried I was a little too close to the pool. I had no issues with noise from above and the only issues I had was the people slamming their doors shut. Otherwise, slept like a baby.

My cruise was in Europe and I do believe the Caribbean brings a different type of crowd. I would stay in this cabin again.

Lido balconies are my absolute favorite.We have had balconies that are just a few cabins away from the main pool area and cabins that were much further away and to tell you the truth we did not see any difference in the noise level which was non existent even when we were out using our balcony.i say go for it the convience is the best,nothing like just walking a short distance to have access to most everything and not wait for an elevator.lol Good Luck with your decision and enjoy your cruise.

I think it is hard to beat any Lido deck cabin and the reason they book out so quick:) I dont even use ships swimming pools or lounge on lido!

Light sleepers even when choosing an area supposedly protected by noise from above and below can have just as much if not more racket from hallways and adjoining cabins to keep them awake:)

Go for it. We were two doors down from the pool doors on a lido balcony, albeit the Breeze, and never had an issue.

I would be more concerned about the Balcony door slammers but that's another thread. :-)

Enjoy your cruise whatever your choose!!

Go for it. We were two doors down from the pool doors on a lido balcony, albeit the Breeze, and never had an issue.

I would be more concerned about the Balcony door slammers but that's another thread. :-)

Enjoy your cruise whatever your choose!!

Thanks!!! I think this is the area I am considering booking. I don't think I want to go too far forward because right above you is the theater. Now I'm sure that gets noisy! Plus closer to the pool is always better in my world!!!

Edited by kelkel2

I stayed in a Lido balcony cabin when the Sunshine was the Destiny. I heard no noise at all. It was one of my favorite locations (until the Dream had Cove balconies, which are now my favorite). I'm sure you will love it. Close to all the action on Lido PLUS close to elevators to get everywhere else. I feel free you'll be happy. Have a fabulous cruise.:D

I stayed in a Lido balcony cabin when the Sunshine was the Destiny. I heard no noise at all. It was one of my favorite locations (until the Dream had Cove balconies, which are now my favorite). I'm sure you will love it. Close to all the action on Lido PLUS close to elevators to get everywhere else. I feel free you'll be happy. Have a fabulous cruise.:D

In April we stayed on the deck above Lido, we were so impressed with how quick and easy it was to get to Lido. We found it to be great and save time. When booking for my September cruise I was talking to the lady about balconies and she said I could have any type. She went through and described them and there location. Then I brought up about the room I had on last cruise and she said then you want 10266, right below were we stayed last cruise and on lido deck. 20 steps will put us on the elevator and 40 steps put us on the lido deck from our room.

Thanks everyone!!! I knew you guys would have the best advice!! My husband and I are typically the people who like to book cabins above and below and make sure we are not near anything noisy but usually we are towards the aft location of the ship and I really want to try something new. On our last cruise I grew tired of the long walk to the end of the hallway, and that early morning cup of coffee felt so far away!:p

I really want to try a lido cabin. It's close to everything I am interested in. My husband on the other hand is very unsure. I'm pretty sure we are going to book the Sunshine, but in your past experiences have you noticed any noise from the deck parties in your cabins? I don't mind hearing music on my balcony at all. But when it's time to sleep, it's time to sleep and I think that is what my husband is worried about. Any info you can give me would be helpful, because I really don't think this will be a problem, but I told him I would ask the experts!

We've booked Lido balcony cabins on almost all of our cruises. We have never heard noises from the outside area. It's always been nice to be so close to the pool and buffet- quick walks to go back to the cabin for forgotten items or to use the bathroom.

When we book cruises now, we don't even look at how much a Lido balcony cabin costs, we look at which Lido balcony cabins are available.

Thank you so much for the reassurance! I think it will be so worth it!! I was actually considering a spa balcony, but I just don't think I will get my money worth and I think the lido balcony is the perfect compromise because it's just as close to the serenity but not near as much money. For the money difference I just don't think I would use it enough. Now if massages were included then maybe...

I didn't have any Lido noise in my Lido balcony cabin, either in the cabin or on the balcony. There is a heavy door that separates the hallway where the cabins are from the Lido traffic area. Once you get past that, it is just like any other cabin hallway.

It's rare that you will hear any noise from the pool area because the ship is under-way at night and the noise will be going away from you. We always book the Panorama deck and it's the same way there as it is on the Lido Deck.

Mid-ship Lido balconies are our favorite! Central to everything. We had one (9217) on the Sunshine for our Christmas cruise. It was mere steps to the pool and hot tubs, and was nice because it was towards the end of the hallway and had a separate door/entryway. It was not noisy at all.

I have had lido cabins on my past 3 cruises. Absolutely love them, however, the last cruise on the Sunshine, we had an interior that was by the section that opened up to the atrium. When they had parties in the atrium, the noise was quite loud in our cabin. Both times went til around 1 in the morning. We also heard some noise from the deck party one night, but not nearly as bad as the atrium. The Mardi Gras party by far was the loudest. Still love the location but will not book by the atrium next time.

I have had lido cabins on my past 3 cruises. Absolutely love them, however, the last cruise on the Sunshine, we had an interior that was by the section that opened up to the atrium. When they had parties in the atrium, the noise was quite loud in our cabin. Both times went til around 1 in the morning. We also heard some noise from the deck party one night, but not nearly as bad as the atrium. The Mardi Gras party by far was the loudest. Still love the location but will not book by the atrium next time.

May I ask, do you remember your cabin number?