Drink Package sharing bottle of wine?

My wife and I both have the drink package for our upcoming Alaska cruise. I we buy a couple of bottles of wine using our discount, can we share them with our table?

Thanks.

John

Yes, no problem.

My husband has the drink package but I don't (wont drink enough to make it worth it). If he buys a bottle of wine with the discount he has through the drink package at dinner, am I allowed to have a glass with him?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband has the drink package but I don't (wont drink enough to make it worth it). If he buys a bottle of wine with the discount he has through the drink package at dinner, am I allowed to have a glass with him?

Yes, that bottle can be shared with anyone.

Yes, that bottle can be shared with anyone.

Do you think they'll charge the corking fee for a bottle of wine bought on the ship? Sorry if that is a silly question. Wasn't sure if the corking fee only applies to bottles brought on by passengers.

Do you think they'll charge the corking fee for a bottle of wine bought on the ship? Sorry if that is a silly question. Wasn't sure if the corking fee only applies to bottles brought on by passengers.

They will only charge for wine you bring on the ship if you bring it to a public venue. Even then, I think the wait staff is reluctant to charge it because they worry abut getting marked down on the post-cruise survey.

They should definitely NOT charge you for wine you bought on the ship. That's serious double dipping and I would mark anyone down if they tried this. I see the same thing about any prizes you WIN on the ship. They give you a bottle of wine or champagne, and then charge you a corkage fee. That to me, sounds fishy. The free champagne is usually not that good anyways.

As for wine you brought onboard with you from a 3rd party, yes, they *should*, but on my last cruise last week, we brought 3 bottles of wine on board (among our entire party) and was never charged a corkage fee for any of them.

They should definitely NOT charge you for wine you bought on the ship. That's serious double dipping and I would mark anyone down if they tried this.

Why would you mark down someone for something they don't control - the corkage policy is set in Miami. And what's double dipping about it?:confused:

... As for wine you brought onboard with you from a 3rd party, yes, they *should*, but on my last cruise last week, we brought 3 bottles of wine on board (among our entire party) and was never charged a corkage fee for any of them.

Did you bring these bottles to the dining room or specialty restaurant?

We have been charged the corkage fee for bottles we brought with us on board when we have taken them to the MDR or to a specialty dining venue. We are very open about it, place the bottle in plain view on the table and say something like, "We've brought this bottle for corkage, we'd like X glasses please." The sole exception to the charge was when we had brought on a very special bottle and the wine steward recognized it but said that he'd never tried it. We insisted that he have a taste. He didn't charge us the fee that time, but we've paid it on every other occasion. For bottles purchased on board you can take them to dining venues with no corkage fee - they will put a sticker on the bottle so the wine steward will know that it's a "retail" bottle and not brought aboard as part of the cabin allowance. Bottles brought on board and consumed in your stateroom (ask your cabin steward for glasses or acquire some at the nearest bar) are not subject to a fee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Correct - corkage (if charged) only applies to bottles brought onboard by the passenger. When you buy it onboard you just get to pay 18% gratuity instead.

Correct - corkage (if charged) only applies to bottles brought onboard by the passenger. When you buy it onboard you just get to pay 18% gratuity instead.

Any idea what the average bottle of wine cost if you purchase on board? I'm sure it varies significantly.

We have been charged the corkage fee for bottles we brought with us on board when we have taken them to the MDR or to a specialty dining venue. We are very open about it, place the bottle in plain view on the table and say something like, "We've brought this bottle for corkage, we'd like X glasses please." The sole exception to the charge was when we had brought on a very special bottle and the wine steward recognized it but said that he'd never tried it. We insisted that he have a taste. He didn't charge us the fee that time, but we've paid it on every other occasion. For bottles purchased on board you can take them to dining venues with no corkage fee - they will put a sticker on the bottle so the wine steward will know that it's a "retail" bottle and not brought aboard as part of the cabin allowance. Bottles brought on board and consumed in your stateroom (ask your cabin steward for glasses or acquire some at the nearest bar) are not subject to a fee.

It looks like you have been cruising on other lines................have you cruised on Royal Caribbean ?

Why would you mark down someone for something they don't control - the corkage policy is set in Miami. And what's double dipping about it?:confused:

They charge you for a bottle of wine then charge a corking fee on top of it? That's not the way it goes.

Biker, who's wrong.

I think people in this thread are getting confused between bought (to buy) and brought (to bring)

The question was about wine 'buyed' on the ship - in that case no corkage fee applies

Buyed? Do you mean bought? If people are confused about the difference between bought vs brought vs buyed (what does that even mean?) there's no hope for productive conversation.

Biker is wrong about what? :confused:

You're wrong that RCI charges a corking fee for a bottle of wine bought on board the ship.

... You're wrong that RCI charges a corking fee for a bottle of wine bought on board the ship.

Royal recently changed their policy and any wine you bring on the ship is subject to a corkage fee if you bring it to a public venue.

I think people in this thread are getting confused between bought (to buy) and brought (to bring)

The question was about wine 'buyed' on the ship - in that case no corkage fee applies

I agree! I also see that you wrote "buyed" to clarify. Folks, the OP is asking about wine you buy while on the ship, not wine you bring from home.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app