Princess Cruises 'Club Class - Mini Suites.'

I note Princess are bringing in a 'Club Class to their mini suites' on the 'American ships.' I wonder if Sun Princess/Dawn Princess and Sea Princess will get them? A lot of discussion re same on Princess section of CC.

It must be a progressive thing, as our mini suite on Island Princess in November is not 'Club Class', but will be from January 2017. Just some extras you pay for, priority Any Time Dining, vino, and some of the Elite perks. Not sure of the surcharge though. In my view, another money making thing.

Edited by NSWP

It looks like the Aussie ships are forecast to get the club class treatment as well. The current main thread about the topic includes a roster of ships and the commencement date for each and I recall seeing the Sun Princess starting in April 2017.

Always a money making exercise with cruise lines...but if the benefit is tangible and people consider it worthwhile, then why not? Wait and see game to see how it develops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed over on the Princess boards that the majority of the complaints are regarding the "priority" dining - and the fact that the club class passengers will dine in a roped off area of the MDR, thus separating them from the non-club class riff raff. The general sentiment seems to be that it is ok to offer extra perks at additional cost but it would be best to have the dining occur in a separate venue as opposed to creating a visible "us vs them" scenario in the MDR.

I tend to agree with the general consensus - and think that Celebrity handle it well, with the Aqua Class cabin passengers dining in Blu, a completely separate restaurant. There's no need to march Club guests past those already waiting to be seated... I wouldn't enjoy that situation regardless of which "class" I was in... but each to his/her own.

For me personally, I think I'll stick to my preferred cabin locations on the ship rather than worry about getting to eat first... who ever heard of somebody starving on a cruise ship :D?

I note Princess are bringing in a 'Club Class to their mini suites' on the 'American ships.' I wonder if Sun Princess/Dawn Princess and Sea Princess will get them? A lot of discussion re same on Princess section of CC.

It must be a progressive thing, as our mini suite on Island Princess in November is not 'Club Class', but will be from January 2017. Just some extras you pay for, priority Any Time Dining, vino, and some of the Elite perks. Not sure of the surcharge though. In my view, another money making thing.

Sun and Sea are getting them for the M1 and M4 mini suites, Dawn isn't getting them at all due to the imminent hand over. As for what the extras are and how they will be implemented we have no idea and neither does Princess Aus by the sounds of it.

We have an aft mini (M4) booked for a Xmas 2017 cruise which they have told us will now be a club class but were light on with any other details. As far as they were concerned it would be ok for the kids who are booked in an inside could join us in the dining area :rolleyes: Time will tell.

I couldn't care less, as long as it doesn't lead to a downgrade in what I get.

If my food quality and service remains the same, that'll do me.

But if mine starts to fall so theirs can attract more interest I won't be happy.

I couldn't care less, as long as it doesn't lead to a downgrade in what I get.

If my food quality and service remains the same, that'll do me.

But if mine starts to fall so theirs can attract more interest I won't be happy.

Agreed!

I read on Princess section of CC that existing bookings for certain Mini suites would be a complimentary upgrade to 'club class' if the transition occurred on that ship prior to sailing, e.g. you booked a mini a couple of months ago for a cruise in say February and your mini was one of those listed for transition to club class say in January.

Some American cruisers in that scenario have already received correspondence from Princess re that complimentary upgrade, for what it is worth.

Edited by NSWP

If you prefer sharing larger tables at AT dining, the "pool" of likely table mates is going to be significantly smaller in the club class area.

It may become noticeable on longer cruises where your shared tables become a bit like TD in sitting with many of the same people.

If you prefer sharing larger tables at AT dining, the "pool" of likely table mates is going to be significantly smaller in the club class area.

It may become noticeable on longer cruises where your shared tables become a bit like TD in sitting with many of the same people.

We always take Traditional 8pm dining on Princess on a table for 8, we like the same table mates and waiters each night, plus it is easier on me for my GF Coeliac diet, they know where to find me with the tucker I ordered the previous evening from the Maitre 'D/Head Waiter. So I won't be paying for any club class dining, we already get the Elite 'perks, since 2008 had ye olde black card, for which I have paid Princess plenty over the years.

Edited by NSWP