Carnival Fly2Fun positive results

Sigyn

Just an FYI for anyone considering the Fly2Fun option on Carnival. I booked my airfare from the U.S. to Barcelona using Fly2Fun, and saved about $425 a ticket, paying just $874 each instead of $1,300, which was the cheapest I could find online that same day. I picked my airline and flight times. The only difference is we have a three-hour layover in Atlanta, instead of a two-hour layover, as we would have with my original flight choices. I'm totally fine with that. Wait an hour and save $850? Okay. I don't make $850 an hour at work. (but I wish I did!)

My PVP from Carnival said that I would be able to pick my specific seats about 45-60 days before my flight. She said that until then, Carnival had the seats reserved in their name, and that I was guaranteed the seats, and I had my ticket locator number, but that Delta wouldn't get my name until 45-60 days out.

Once I paid for my cruise in full, I called Delta, just to see, even though I was 85 days out from my flight. Delta had my ticketing info and allowed me to pick our seats.

So, we are set, and we've saved $850 on our roundtrip airfare using Fly2Fun. It was pretty seamless, except for my Personal Vacation Planner with Carnival being unaware of my ability to choose my seats far in advance. I left her a message to give her the FYI on that, so that she knows for future customers.

Edited by njsmom

Sounds like everything is working well for you. Most of the time, for most of the customers, "cruise air" in all its guises succeeds in getting customers to/from their cruise at a discounted air fare. It is only in the exceptions, when plans go pear-shaped, that the limitations of "cruise air" are revealed. It is good fortune to be in the "most of the time", "most of the customers" group.

I would withhold judgment until after you have completed your flight(s). Yes, it sounds like you got a good deal. But you haven't even got your seat assignments yet....lots could still go wrong.

We have our seat assignments. I mentioned that in the third paragraph in my original post.

We have our seat assignments. I mentioned that in the third paragraph in my original post.

My error. I saw the comment about not getting your seat assignments 45-60 days in advance.

I stand by the earlier comment. Don't start raving about Cruise Air until you are home. There are pluses and minuses.

My error. I saw the comment about not getting your seat assignments 45-60 days in advance.

I stand by the earlier comment. Don't start raving about Cruise Air until you are home. There are pluses and minuses.

I have my flight paid for, my flights chosen and my seat assignment. I'm comfortable raving about it now. It's been seamless. I'm a glass half full kind of girl. I don't expect things to go wrong. So far, for 48 years of living, that's been the case. Fingers crossed!

And if they don't, I'll just drink more on the plane!

• 1 month later...

I just booked my cruise & air with Carnival. It must be a new program, because the person helping me was having a problem booking the air.

My airfare was lower than what I saw on the website and I grabbed it. I saved almost a hundred each, for 5 people. I already did our seat assignments.

I would recommend the program. You need to know your prices, in order to see if you are getting the airfare cheaper.

I have my flight paid for, my flights chosen and my seat assignment. I'm comfortable raving about it now. It's been seamless. I'm a glass half full kind of girl. I don't expect things to go wrong.

Most people don't, and most of the time it works out ok. But as mentioned, IF things happen to go pear-shaped on travel day, well, you might find that your discounted ticket means you are the one who doesn't get re-accommodated if the flight is canceled, or you are the one who gets moved to crappy seats if there's an equipment change, etc. etc.

• 2 weeks later...

NJSmom, Have you picked your seats yet? Since i booked pretty late, there weren't many seats for me to choose from. Most of the empty seats were middle seats, however, I'm all set. It was very convenient for Carnival to do everything and as a bonus, the airfare was at a great price. I hope you're able to get good seats.

NJSmom, Have you picked your seats yet? Since i booked pretty late, there weren't many seats for me to choose from. Most of the empty seats were middle seats, however, I'm all set. It was very convenient for Carnival to do everything and as a bonus, the airfare was at a great price. I hope you're able to get good seats.

She said she did in her original post, 3rd paragraph.

Yes, I picked my seats back in early June, right after I made final payment for my August cruise. That was the only glitch in the booking. Our PVP said we had to wait 45-60 days before our flight to pick seats, but Delta said we were able to pick the day I called randomly to check, about 85 days before our flight. A minor glitch that caused no problems, tho.

At first we were given two seats together in a four seat grouping in the center, since the plane is a 2-4-2 configuration. We had an aisle and a center. My husband would have gotten the aisle since he is tall with long legs. But then two seats in a two seat grouping by the window became a available the next day. Available seats pop up frequently on flights, so I recommend checking daily if you don't like your seats.

But then we decided to upgrade to delta comfort for $99 each since we saved so much (something like $850) on our total airfare. We know we will enjoy the extra legroom and 30% additional recline on the seats for our long flight from Atlanta to Barcelona. Our two new seats are in the 2 part of the 2-4-2 configuration and are bulkhead seats so tons of legroom for my husband.

We are just 3-1/2 weeks away from our flight. Can't wait to see the Vista and Europe!!!

Edited by njsmom